Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Midnight Meat Train' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 12:35 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Adam Tyner's DVD review of The Midnight Meat Train at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=36223 and...
I don't know, I caught this on Comcast FearNet HD Demand for free a few months ago (which I guess was simultaneous with Theatrical Release) and I gotta say I thought it was very decent.

It doesn't have scantilly clad teens bopping around waiting to be slaughtered. It doesn't flinch on gore, and it manages to at least tell somewhat of a story, albeit a very thin investigative one. Sure I looked at my watch twice, because being a fan of the story, I had no idea how they would flesh this thing out to even 60 minutes, and some of the choices they used to flesh it out were a little ho-hum. But it looks slick, the acting is decent, the kills are horrendously gorey, and I think fans of old school horror films and Barker will love it.
Old 02-12-09, 01:48 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'The Midnight Meat Train' (Blu-ray)

I too would give it more than 2 stars (3 perhaps). Was a decent horror flick I thought.
Old 02-18-09, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty freakin' scary, whenever i wind up on an empty train now. (several times a week) i sit all the way in the back. i feel safer there. makes no sense, i know. and im 38 years old! i wonder why i watch the things i do.
only "clive barker" thing ive seen in over a decade. disturbing as ever.
Old 02-20-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Meh. The movie was o.k. at best. Nice looking production (especially the cinematography), and I liked the cast. But I was pretty much bored for the most part. I think 2 out of 5 stars is about right.