Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I Love You, Man - March 20th (Paul Rudd & Jason Segal)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I searched and came up with nothing, so here it goes.

I Love You, Man is a new comedy starring Paul Rudd & Jason Segal. In the film, Rudd plays Peter Klaven, a real estate agent who wants to make it into the big time. At the same time, he is also really in love with his girlfriend Zooey and when he proposes to her, the sadness kicks in. See, Peter has always been a girlfriend guy, so he never had any guy friends growing up. At the open house he hosted, he meets Sydney Fife (Segal), a investment officer who hasn't quite grown up. Still, the two of them hit it off as friends and it isn't long before he thinks he has found his best man for the wedding.

The film will be out March 20th, but I just saw it last night and I thought it was hilarious. Especially Segal, who proves here just like in Forgetting Sarah Marshall that he can be funny just by himself. There are a lot of funny gags to be had, and for once co-writer/director John Hamburg lets the story for the most part speak for itself (Meet the Parents still puts me off to this day and Along Came Polly would've been better if it weren't filled with so much unnecessary rear nudity and fart jokes). Here, most of those gags are so subtle, you almost don't notice them (There is a good but disgusting vomit joke that works on its own). The idea is farfetched, yes, but when it comes to the ideas, it's really all about the execution, and in my opinion, the execution is very well done.

All I can say is go see it March 20th (or if a sneak screening is being done in your area before hand, do your best to try and get in there). You'll have a good time.

Last edited by Nicholas Vargo; 02-06-09 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-06-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: I Love You, Man - March 20th (Paul Rudd & Jason Segal)

The Search function sucks.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...al-comedy.html
Old 02-06-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Click the search button that has the down arrow (under your name, messages, etc.) and go to 'Advanced Search.' Rarely does that search ever fail.

Anyway, as you could probably surmise from my first sentence there is already a thread for it. I searched for Rudd in the thread title.

*edit - beat to the punch because of my long winded reply.
Old 02-06-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most sure-fire search method is to do a Google search for "DVDTalk Forum" (without the quotation marks) plus the film title. The results will include all threads with quotations in the thread title, which DVD Talk's search engine doesn't recognize for some reason.
Old 02-06-09, 09:07 PM

Sorry guys. I now see it though. I'll post the important part of my post in the other thread. Thanks guys.

And I'll do a better job of searching next time. Thanks for the tips.