Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dancing with the stars - 'all night name drop'

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-09, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dancing with the stars - 'all night name drop'

ABC TO ANNOUNCE THE NEW CAST OF DANCING WITH THE STARS IN A SPECIAL PRIMETIME 'ALL NIGHT NAME DROP' HOSTED BY TOM BERGERON, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 8

Cast Members Will Be Revealed in Interstitials Throughout ABC's Sunday Night Lineup

ABC.com Will Post the Names as They're Revealed On Air

First Live In-Studio Interview with a Cast Member on Good Morning America, Monday, February 9

Cast Member to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live Tuesday, February 10

In a special Sunday night event, the much anticipated Season Eight cast of Dancing with the Stars will be announced by Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron in interstitials throughout ABC's primetime schedule. Beginning with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, followed by Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters, the All Night Name Drop will air SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Immediately following each cast member's unveiling during primetime, ABC.com will post the updated list online (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET).

Following the All Night Name Drop on Sunday, Good Morning America will have the first live in-studio interview with a member of the new Season Eight cast on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9 (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET).

Jimmy Kimmel will then play host to a member of the cast on Jimmy Kimmel Live, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (12:06-1:06 a.m., ET).

Season Eight of Dancing with the Stars premieres MONDAY, MARCH 9 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET) followed by a second performance show on MONDAY, MARCH 16 (8:00-10:02 p.m., ET). Dancing with the Stars the Results Show debuts TUESDAY, MARCH 17 (9:00  10:02 p.m., ET).

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international BBC smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are co-executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. The series is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.
Old 02-04-09, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Dancing with the stars - 'all night name drop'

Wow, is that show really that big of a deal?
Old 02-04-09, 10:15 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

One of the "stars" was outed last week on some talk show...

Spoiler:
http://www.theinsider.com/news/15871...tars_Bombshell

Did Donny Osmond just reveal that he'll compete on the next season of "Dancing with the Stars"? People.com reports that Donny let slip during a taping of "The Bonnie Hunt Show" that he intends to follow the footsteps of sister Marie on the hit ABC show.

"I guess I am making an announcement: I'll say I am seriously considering doing it, let's put it that way," said Donny after Bonnie asked him if he'd do the show, adding, "I guess I just let the cat out of the bag."

"I can't let my sister upstage me," he continued. "Besides, who do you think taught her how to dance?"

"That not fair!" cried Marie, who was sitting beside him. "The men do half the work."

"That's why I'm doing it, baby," Donny responded. "It is going to be very difficult because I am going to be doing [our Las Vegas show] on top of doing 'Dancing with the Stars.'"

"I just want to see him in stretchy pants," quipped Marie.

Donny and Marie's appearance on "The Bonnie Hunt Show" is scheduled to air Tuesday.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 02-04-09 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-05-09, 06:32 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Donnie said he won't be on until Fall.