Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon's Deal of the Day (2/1) - NFL Super Bowl I-XL Collector's Set for $55

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

or

http://www.amazon.com/Films-Super-Bo...JXK0Q98HEPK8RY

Old 02-01-09, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon's Deal of the Day (2/1) - NFL Super Bowl I-XL Collector's Set for $55

It looks good, but where it's just hightlights of the games, I'll pass. I want the whole games, with or without the commercials.
Old 02-01-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Amazon's Deal of the Day (2/1) - NFL Super Bowl I-XL Collector's Set for $55

Originally Posted by darkhawk
It looks good, but where it's just hightlights of the games, I'll pass. I want the whole games, with or without the commercials.
To be honest with you I don;t think that is going to ever happen. The execs are looking at the sales numbers and they must not be too good if they are selling this set at amazon for $55 - that is VERY low considering where they started at.
Old 02-01-09, 10:47 AM

Price is not bad but I agree with darkhawk. I really want to have whole games. I know it is difficult to put together but I would buy it if they release it.
Old 02-01-09, 11:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They started out with these highlight reel type releases with basketball and then got around to doing full games. I have Bulls and Celtic collection that have around 5 full famous games a piece.

I've noticed similar collections for some teams (e.g., Cowboys, Redskins, ...), so it shouldn't be a big deal to do them for Superbowls.
Old 02-01-09, 12:24 PM

I would enjoy that too, however the complete broadcasts of Super Bowls I & II no longer exist. Read more about on wikipedia under "wiping" (I would include the link, but I'm too new and it won't allow me).

This is a good price for the whole set. I recently purchased each set used individually for slighty under $50 total using half.com, eBay, and Amazon Marketplace. NFL Films always puts together a nice presentation. It is well worth the price for any football fan.
Old 02-01-09, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You won't get it at anywhere near this price anytime soon if it does come out. Each game is ~ 3 hours, you can cut it down to 2 or so. 80+ hours will cost you a pretty penny. Think in the $400+ range at least.
Old 02-01-09, 02:56 PM

Awesome! Thank you. I will be purchasing this.
Old 02-01-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love to watch the Supebowl, but I care very little about games that my Steelers did not play in. I can think of maybe 5 non Steeler games I would like to see. But this is a good deal.
Old 02-01-09, 07:46 PM

Thanks OP, had to pick one up,when i first saw the deal i thought thats a great deal for the 40 half hour superbowl highlight films you always see on espn around the time of the superbowl,but after reading the reviews i noticed they have 40 half hour season highlight films of every season for the 40 years,plus about a Hundred of 3 to 5 minute extras spread throughout the discs made it a no brainer for me at this price,with the addition of the highlights of the 40 seasons it more or less is the definative history of modern football in one set at this time(I know its not a complete history of modern football,but it comes the closest to anything i have seen),should apeal to every nfl fan out there for this price,if not a fan i can see how you can pass this up

Last edited by NEUMANN; 02-01-09 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-02-09, 02:41 AM

they already have dvd's of the full games, it's just not this set. I believe the full game sets are broken into 10 game collections. I also believe that the Amazon page shows one of them under related items if you look at this particular deal of the day.
Old 02-02-09, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
You won't get it at anywhere near this price anytime soon if it does come out. Each game is ~ 3 hours, you can cut it down to 2 or so. 80+ hours will cost you a pretty penny. Think in the $400+ range at least.
With Commercials it's 3 hours. Without, it's 1 hour 30 minutes.
Old 02-02-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have these sets and they are awesome. Definitely great for a football fan.

= J
Old 02-02-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by moklerman
they already have dvd's of the full games, it's just not this set. I believe the full game sets are broken into 10 game collections. I also believe that the Amazon page shows one of them under related items if you look at this particular deal of the day.
Do you mean like "NFL Films - Super Bowl Collections - Super Bowl I-X"? I don't think those are complete games but just highlight collections like this one broken into smaller pieces.
Old 02-02-09, 12:01 PM

Do you mean like "NFL Films - Super Bowl Collections - Super Bowl I-X"? I don't think those are complete games but just highlight collections like this one broken into smaller pieces
I don't think so. I-X is 20 discs and 2836 minutes. That sounds like a lot to just be the half hour highlights that the other set is. I don't have either set so I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure my guess is correct.
Old 02-02-09, 12:07 PM

I don't think so. I-X is 20 discs and 2836 minutes. That sounds like a lot to just be the half hour highlights that the other set is. I don't have either set so I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure my guess is correct.

I-X is 5 discs, and a bit over 600 minutes, I-XL(1-40) is the one that is 20 discs and runs 2836 minutes
Old 02-02-09, 03:39 PM
Cool New Member

I bought it and I think it is a great deal!

Last edited by Monev77; 02-03-09 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-02-09, 03:50 PM

I don't have either set so I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure my guess is correct.
Your guess would be incorrect... "He chose poorly..."
Old 02-04-09, 03:19 PM
Cool New Member

I bought this set also. Definately worth the money.