TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica -- "The Oath" -- 1/30/2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Battlestar Galactica -- "The Oath" -- 1/30/2009

Spoiler:
Opposition to the Cylon alliance turns violent, and those in support of the union find themselves under a deadly attack.

Preview: http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=956281
Old 01-30-09, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battlestar Galactica -- "The Oath" -- 1/30/2009

Bring it on!!! Can't wait!
Old 01-30-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now THAT was an episode! I honestly don't know how anyone could say this storyline isn't the natural progression of human reaction.

Regardless, accepting the fact that this is where the show-runners are taking us, you have to admit that it's setting up to be a hell of a ride!
Old 01-30-09, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This was a really fast moving, tense episode.

I was cracking up when Baltar was making his get-away, while having to deal with his fawning flock.
Old 01-30-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This was an excellent episode. Very intense.
Old 01-30-09, 10:24 PM

I'm liking starbuck again - less talk, more shooting fuckers. Gaeta should take a lesson (i.e. he should have put a round in Adama's head instead of "monologueing")
Old 01-31-09, 12:50 AM

Okay, wow, haven't been into the first couple episodes since they came back, but this one was absolutely awesome. Very pumped for next week, which is a pleasure to be able to say.
Old 01-31-09, 02:05 AM

Now that was the BSG that got me hooked.
Old 01-31-09, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Things are starting to heat up again. Kind of nuts to be killing your own people while the enemy is breathing down your neck. How were they planning on dealing with the base ship anyway.
Old 01-31-09, 05:16 AM

Fraking classic Galactica is back.........
Old 01-31-09, 06:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Starbuck kicks ass!
Old 01-31-09, 01:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Intense episode. Loved Starbuck rescuing Apollo.

Baltar becoming Baltar again in the face of danger was good.

Next week looks great.
Old 01-31-09, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome episode, really ramping things up....loved Starbuck and Lee together and can't wait until Gaeta gets his.
Old 01-31-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought this was a great episode as well.

Not really liking the way they've made Gaeta the traitor here though. I know last week people seemed to imply that something occurred during one of the webisodes that puts his actions in a better perspective. Could someone briefly summarize what happen (spoilierized if necessary). I don't think I'll have time to watch it anytime soon, and I'd like have all the facts so I can understand all his motivations better. Thanks.
Old 01-31-09, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Palaver
Thought this was a great episode as well.

Not really liking the way they've made Gaeta the traitor here though. I know last week people seemed to imply that something occurred during one of the webisodes that puts his actions in a better perspective. Could someone briefly summarize what happen (spoilierized if necessary). I don't think I'll have time to watch it anytime soon, and I'd like have all the facts so I can understand all his motivations better. Thanks.
Spoiler:
Basically, he was on a ship with a Sharon who apparently he was sleeping with and passing information to during their stay on New Caprica. Sharon told him she would get those people (presumably resistance) out of Cylon detention, but really she was killing them. She tells him deep down he must have known, since he rarely, if ever, SAW any of those people after their 'release'. Then he kills her. Also, Gaeta is a drug addict. Also, he has a gay lover.

This episode was awesome. I loved Adama and Tigh fighting together and friends again. I also liked Starbuck manning up. I just realized she is worthless unless she has some mission to attend to...no wonder she's been pissy lately.

Last edited by DarkestPhoenix; 02-01-09 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-31-09, 05:56 PM

Many thanks, DarkestPhoenix
Old 01-31-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

yeah, this rocked. I was expecting Bastille Day part 2, but was more than pleasantly surprised.

"I can do this all day!" It's about damn time somebody took that attitude.
Old 01-31-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow! Great episode. That IS the Galactica we love.

Favorite moment was the two shots from Starbuck rescuing Lee. Never expected that--nice to see emo-Kara turn back into the Jack Bauer of New Caprica. :P
Old 02-01-09, 05:45 AM

Very good episode. It's good to see Gaeta playing a greater role in these final few episodes, though something tells me he won't be around to celebrate whatever conclusion we're left with. It's a shame, as he's been something of the moral center of the show, though he's never had much power until the present situation. The writers want the viewers to side with Adama and the suddenly cylon-laden crew, but this whole FTL business is a tissue-thin plot device. At the end of the day, the military is becoming increasingly autocratic while crawling into bed with the species that wiped out humanity. And for what? Improved technology that they didn't have a desperate need for during their first four years on the run. I'm incredulous that anyone, much less an admiral, thinks this is a good idea. The writers are pulling a fast one.

Nice to see Starbuck and Lee up and moving again. Kara just doesn't work unless she's allowed to shoot something every week.

Where did Tori go in all of this?

And has there ever been a sci-fi show where paunchy, unarmed 60-year-old men weren't able to overpower multiple guards?
Old 02-01-09, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,738 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by grrr
She's on the Cylon Basestar.

When she was "outed" as a Cylon last season she left the Colonial fleet to be with the other Cylons.
Old 02-01-09, 07:39 AM

Very good episode. It's good to see Gaeta playing a greater role in these final few episodes, though something tells me he won't be around to celebrate whatever conclusion we're left with. It's a shame, as he's been something of the moral center of the show, though he's never had much power until the present situation. The writers want the viewers to side with Adama and the suddenly cylon-laden crew, but this whole FTL business is a tissue-thin plot device. At the end of the day, the military is becoming increasingly autocratic while crawling into bed with the species that wiped out humanity. And for what? Improved technology that they didn't have a desperate need for during their first four years on the run. I'm incredulous that anyone, much less an admiral, thinks this is a good idea. The writers are pulling a fast one.
Happens all the time, especially when there's a strategic military advantage to be gained.

Just using the latest as an example, Iraq, many commanders have struck alliances with tribal/insurgent leaders who used to attack them in order to have a partner against the terrorists and forge peace accords.
Old 02-01-09, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Happens all the time, especially when there's a strategic military advantage to be gained.

Just using the latest as an example, Iraq, many commanders have struck alliances with tribal/insurgent leaders who used to attack them in order to have a partner against the terrorists and forge peace accords.
I don't really think it's the alliance that people have problems with. It's allowing a previous enemy to have unfettered access to key navigational systems. It would be like our military allowing those recently allied insurgent leaders to upgrade our fighter jets.
Old 02-01-09, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

One of the best episodes in a long while.
Old 02-01-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice to see Starbuck and Lee up and moving again. Kara just doesn't work unless she's allowed to shoot something every week.

And has there ever been a sci-fi show where paunchy, unarmed 60-year-old men weren't able to overpower multiple guards?
If fuel is a finite resource, and they could double (or did they say quadruple) their yield from the same amount, it seems like the rest of the people are being silly.

This would be like not letting Von Braun upgrade our rocket technology because he did work with Nazis.
Old 02-01-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Probably the best episode since Season 1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.