Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Please help Identify an old western movie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 08:58 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I dont have much to go on but the ending. First a few facts--Its in color, but not too recent. 70's or 80's vintage.

The ending is as follows--the cowboy pursues an Indian who stole his woman but the Indian is always one step ahead of him. And when you think the cowboy might finally win, the Indian beats him and he watches him ride off into the sunset with his girl!

The Indian actually wins in the end!

I saw this movie (only the last half or so) awhile back and I was blown away that the cowboy didnt get the girl. I know theres potential to ruin the movie for people who havent seen it so possibly put your answer in spoiler form? Thanks!

Last edited by Save Ferris; 01-26-09 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-27-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually don't know the answer but since your thread got bumped off the first page pretty quickly I'll say something just to kick it back for another run through the board.

Only movie that comes to mind is EAGLE'S WING (1979). But still that doesn't quite fit exactly with the Indian riding off with the girl part of your description. In this case Martin Sheen is the cowboy chasing the Indian (Sam Waterston), but he is after a white horse the Indian has. And the Indian does have a captive white woman. In the end, Sheen does watch the Indian ride off across the landscape, but the woman is left behind.