DVD Reviews

View Full Version : More Friday the 13th Special Editions Coming

DarthVong
01-05-09, 09:20 PM
From Shock Till You Drop.com

More Friday the 13th Special Editions Coming
Source:Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
January 5, 2009

Keeping the Friday the 13th excitement going (2009 is truly the year of Jason's return), Paramount Home Entertainment is currently prepping special editions of Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter, Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning and Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives for release later this year. I can't delve into exact special features just yet as they're still being worked out, however, I can tell you that they will include special "fan" commentaries.

The inseparable team of Adam Green (Hatchet) and Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2) paired up to chat about The Final Chapter. On A New Beginning expect to hear Steve "Uncle Creepy" Barton, of DreadCentral.com, and horror journalist Staci Layne Wilson muster up some love for the Jason-less sequel. And yours truly joined Barton to bestow our appreciation for Jason Lives (my favorite of the series).

EdTheRipper
01-05-09, 10:09 PM
I already own the box set but these special editions are pretty enticing. I might bite if the price is right.

Cardsfan111
01-05-09, 11:49 PM
I'm glad they're putting these together, but I'd likely wait til the price is right as well. I'm curious about these "fan" commentaries as you call them.

Darth Maher
01-06-09, 04:12 PM
I'm sure these will be DVD ONLY releases too. :(

Shame too. I was watching "Jason Lives" on HDNet recently and it looked and sounded excellent!

As for the fan commentaries... yeah, what is the cast up to these days that they couldn't participate?

It is nice to see Jason getting so much love lately though!

DarthVong
01-06-09, 05:18 PM
Paramount should get off their ass and release these as BD. I know Part 1 is coming out on Blu, but I want the whole set dammit.

TomOpus
01-06-09, 06:02 PM
I already own the box set but these special editions are pretty enticing. I might bite if the price is right.Same here. I'll wait and see how they turn out.

DarthVong
01-06-09, 06:17 PM
Amazon has the first 3 Special Editions for $11.99 each. Not sure if this is special pre-order pricing though.

DarthVong
01-06-09, 08:20 PM
From Shock till you Drop.com:

Release Month for Friday the 13th 4-6 DVDs
Source:Ryan Rotten, Managing Editor
January 6, 2009

Following up on yesterday's report, we have now learned Paramount is planning on releasing those special editions of Friday the 13th of parts four through six this June. That's not too long of a wait, I suspected they would have arrived in the fall. It is likely that Paramount's timing the release of these discs to coincide with the DVD bow of the new Friday the 13th film. Also, there are rumblings that Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan special editions may not be far behind.