Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

is "gold series" the radioshack cable i would use for digital coax/ component video?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

is "gold series" the radioshack cable i would use for digital coax/ component video?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-00, 05:08 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
i know people mention the 75ohm yada yada cable from radioshack that can be used for the digital coax (and 3 put together for component video). however, i check at the local radio shack and none of the cables say anything about being "75ohm" or "shielded" on the packaging but there are "gold series" cables. are those the ones i want to pick up or should i check other radioshacks for packaging that specifically indicates 75ohm and shielded? (i really don't want to spend a horrendous amount on component video cables). Thanks!

--HN

Old 03-20-00, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I don't believe it says 'shielded' on the package but I believe it IS shielded cable. If I'm not mistaken even some of the cheaper interconnects they sell are shielded. They don't say 75 ohm on the package either.

FYI, I'm using the same cables for my component video as I am for my digital bitstream connections (the $5.99 Gold six footers). They work great, I just bundled the three together with twist ties when I was done to keep things neat.
Old 03-20-00, 07:05 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
cool, thanks wolfchild. but to make sure i don't get the wrong ones, could anyone post up a picture or point me to some? i have a strange paranoia that i'll buy the wrong ones and screw the whole system. I like reassurance

--HN
Old 03-20-00, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
HN, just buy one of those gold series (RCA connectors on each end) cables from Radio Shack for around $6. If you need more length, then buy that particular length (3' 6' 12'). For digital coax cable, this will do fine. You won't "screw" it up. Plus if you do buy the wrong one, just return it back to Radio Shack.

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs