Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Horror films you are looking forward to in 2009.

DarthVong
12-29-08, 05:03 PM
For some odd reason I'm actually excited to see the F13 remake. I enjoyed the TCM remake, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I'm one of the few that feel remakes don't impact the originals classics no matter how bad the remake is.

whotony
12-29-08, 06:18 PM
I want to see what Happens with the new Freddie film(Nightmare on elm street).
any idea on who is going to be freddie?

DarthVong
12-29-08, 06:31 PM
I want to see what Happens with the new Freddie film(Nightmare on elm street).
any idea on who is going to be freddie?

From Platinum Dunes site.

On to 'Elm Street' - As many of you know we have been chasing that one for two years. We have been obsessed with Freddy and are so thrilled to be a part of bringing him back. We have been reading the boards to see what people are looking for and certainly taking that into account. The 'Nightmare' films are complex and conceptually very challenging. We don't come to this movie ignorant of Freddy's place in the horror pantheon. As such we will not make this film until New Line and we feel that story we are telling is worthy.

I just want to dispel a couple of rumors. Billy Bob Thornton, who has worked with Bay before and we all love, has not been discussed for the role of Freddy. But no one has because we don't have the final version of the script yet. Once we do then we will start having casting discussions. Additionally, Robert Englund is an amazing actor and it is our hope that he will be in the film, but again, we can't consider that until we have a completed script.

DarthVong
12-29-08, 06:33 PM
Other horror I'm interested in this year is Romero's new "of the Dead" film. I keep giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that he still has a good zombie film left in him.

EdTheRipper
12-29-08, 07:43 PM
Right now, the horror flick I'm looking most forward to is the Friday remake. Aside from that, there's not really anything that I'm really psyched about.

GoldenJCJ
12-29-08, 09:00 PM
Looking forward to the new Friday the 13th the most.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 has me interested. The fisrt one was by no means a masterpiece but I enjoyed it enough to give a sequel a shot.

Abe.
12-29-08, 11:49 PM
I had no idea Zombie was making another Halloween movie... this info has got me stoked. I wonder if Neil Marshall is making another movie for next year?

EdTheRipper
12-30-08, 06:17 AM
I wonder if Neil Marshall is making another movie for next year?

He appears to be but it's not going to be a horror flick.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/

TomOpus
12-30-08, 10:21 AM
^ Interesting. I didn't see Doomsday due to some of the reviews (bah, I should still see it for myself) but I loved The Descent and Dog Soldiers.

DarthVong
12-30-08, 10:26 AM
^ Interesting. I didn't see Doomsday due to some of the reviews (bah, I should still see it for myself) but I loved The Descent and Dog Soldiers.

Doomsday isn't as bad as some reviews made it out to be. It's a fun popcorn movie and is intended to be a homage to certain films. Plus Rhona Mitra is smokin hot in it.

TomOpus
12-30-08, 10:38 AM
Doomsday isn't as bad as some reviews made it out to be. It's a fun popcorn movie and is intended to be a homage to certain films. Plus Rhona Mitra is smokin hot in it.I'll check prices on it. I agree about Rhona. Her scene in Hollow Man was worth the price of admission :D

EdTheRipper
12-30-08, 02:12 PM
Doomsday isn't as bad as some reviews made it out to be. It's a fun popcorn movie and is intended to be a homage to certain films. Plus Rhona Mitra is smokin hot in it.

Agreed on all counts. Doomsday was a blast.

TomOpus
12-30-08, 02:29 PM
Took the plunge and ordered it... along with Pieces.

sauce07
12-30-08, 02:58 PM
I'm was looking forward to The Uninvited, but then I saw it was PG-13. Kinda looking forward to the F13 remake, it's not like it can ruin my opinion of the original which I am not a fan of.

DarthVong
12-30-08, 04:38 PM

Nice! I've had my eye on the Pieces SE for awhile. I'm going to order that today I think.

GoldenJCJ
12-30-08, 05:26 PM
Kinda looking forward to the F13 remake, it's not like it can ruin my opinion of the original which I am not a fan of.
Agreed. A lot of people are against this due to it's remake status, but lets face it, the original isn't that good to begin with. Yeah, I said it. :)

DarthVong
12-30-08, 05:45 PM
Agreed. A lot of people are against this due to it's remake status, but lets face it, the original isn't that good to begin with. Yeah, I said it. :)

I agree with ya. Anymore the original puts me to sleep. It's really tame to today's standards.

EdTheRipper
12-30-08, 06:03 PM
Nice! I've had my eye on the Pieces SE for awhile. I'm going to order that today I think.

I liked Pieces a lot. The picture quality on the SE is just leaps and bounds above the old versions.

OldBoy
12-30-08, 06:29 PM
Other horror I'm interested in this year is Romero's new "of the Dead" film. I keep giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that he still has a good zombie film left in him.

i think if he truly takes in the criticisms for "Diary" and "Land" and makes the movie fans want to see we could be in for something special!

DarthVong
12-30-08, 06:36 PM
i think if he truly takes in the criticisms for "Diary" and "Land" and makes the movie fans want to see we could be in for something special!

I hope so. Actually though I pretty much enjoy all zombie movies. I just wish Romero would make one that's worthy of his "legacy".

Abe.
12-30-08, 09:05 PM

Interesting enough, I just ordered Doomsday too. I've seen it about four times, but it's a film I just have to own on Blu-ray.

When will we get Dog Soldiers on Blu!!!

sauce07
12-31-08, 10:59 AM
I agree with ya. Anymore the original puts me to sleep. It's really tame to today's standards.

It has some cool death scenes but everything else is just meh.

Liontamer
01-01-09, 10:42 PM
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 has me interested. The fisrt one was by no means a masterpiece but I enjoyed it enough to give a sequel a shot.
Wow, I can't believe that crap garnered a sequel. Zombie missed the whole point of Michael Myers by casting a huge wrestler in the role.
Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Friday the 13th remake. I'm a huge fan of the Friday series, and I also enjoyed the TCM remake.

GoldenJCJ
01-03-09, 06:19 PM
^ The huge Michael Myers didn't bother me too much, but turning Michael into a victim was, IMO, the near fatal flaw of the movie.

whotony
01-03-09, 06:25 PM
i was fine with the movie until myers started chasing the girl around the house the last third or so.
It was just too much of the film and took way too long.

Seemed like 20 or 30 minutes of him chasing her and demolishing the house while he was at it.

I just wanted him to catch her and kill her already.

DarthVong
01-03-09, 08:09 PM
^ The huge Michael Myers didn't bother me too much, but turning Michael into a victim was, IMO, the near fatal flaw of the movie.

Agreed. I always felt that having a touch of the supernatural (Is he the Boogeyman) was the way to go with Michael. The mystery surrounding the character was why it worked originally. IMO.

DarthVong
01-03-09, 08:10 PM
i was fine with the movie until myers started chasing the girl around the house the last third or so was becuase it was just too much of the film and took way too long.

Seemed like 20 or 30 minutes of him chasing her and demolishing the house while he was at it.

I just wanted him to catch her and kill her already.

Part of my problem was you didn't care at all for any of the 3 girls. At least in the original you cared for Laurie. I actually liked Laurie the least in the remake.

jones
01-05-09, 02:02 AM
The three I am most eagerly awaiting are...

3. Friday the 13th re-make
2. Isle of the Dead
1. The Wolfman starring Benicio DelTorro http://www.thewolfmanmovie.com/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cLcEsAhItDU/SJFrrHdiZEI/AAAAAAAAAAc/ZGjt-zRsn8I/s1600/Wolfman-9.jpg