Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Lines Through DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-08, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lines Through DVD

I put a DVD in my top DVD player which is a LG DVD recorder / player, it works fine but I get a sort of constant very faded black lines through the picture going horizontally and vertically. You can see it but not too well but it still bugs me too much. I have an old Sony DVD player below it and it works fine, no lines, nothing, they are both on scart.

Also quick question about de-interlancing, if I have a tv with progressive scan should I encode my DVDs with de-interlancing checked?

Sam
Old 12-27-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The lines sound like a grounding issue or a bad wire. But it's hard to say without being there, and I don't know enough about SCART to say much, we don't use it in the USA.

On the recording, where is this checkbox? What model recorder?
Old 12-28-08, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Spiky
The lines sound like a grounding issue or a bad wire. But it's hard to say without being there, and I don't know enough about SCART to say much, we don't use it in the USA.

On the recording, where is this checkbox? What model recorder?
It's an option on "ConvertXtoDVD" and the model of my recorder is a LiteON(Not LG) HD-A740GX.

It does it all on DVDs.
Old 12-29-08, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, DVD should be interlaced on the disc, with progressive flags to tell the player how to de-interlace. I wonder if it has to do with the flags. Frankly, it sounds like a playback setting, not recording. Can't seem to find anyhing about it in the manual, either.

When I have issues like this, I pull out the DVD-RWs. Try it both ways, then test on a few different players. And the -RW can just be deleted later.
Old 12-30-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sam666
I put a DVD in my top DVD player which is a LG DVD recorder / player, it works fine but I get a sort of constant very faded black lines through the picture going horizontally and vertically. You can see it but not too well but it still bugs me too much. I have an old Sony DVD player below it and it works fine, no lines, nothing, they are both on scart.

Also quick question about de-interlancing, if I have a tv with progressive scan should I encode my DVDs with de-interlancing checked?

Sam
Is there anything next to your dvd player or tv that can cause some type of interference (magnets, other electronics)?
Old 12-31-08, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
is there an mpeg noise reduction setting on the DVD players menu/setup? If so, turn it off.