Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Great deal on the grindhouse 2 diskers at target

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great deal on the grindhouse 2 diskers at target

I was in my local target tonight and the had both of the grindhouse 2 disk special editions, death proof and planet terror, for only 6.50 each

Last edited by jgorow; 12-16-08 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice price.
Old 12-16-08, 10:59 PM

Damn you Weinsteins! Stop enticing me to buy the seperate releases for awesome prices. I did it with Kill Bill but I will not do it for this one. Release the uber edition with the faux trailers and I'm in. Name your price. (Thanks OP, this'll definitely benefit non-nutty purists like me, though.)
Old 12-16-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim
Damn you Weinsteins! Stop enticing me to buy the seperate releases for awesome prices. I did it with Kill Bill but I will not do it for this one. Release the uber edition with the faux trailers and I'm in. Name your price. (Thanks OP, this'll definitely benefit non-nutty purists like me, though.)
Keep in mind that these discs have longer versions of the movies than the theatrical versions.
Old 12-17-08, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim
should I quit holding my breath for Kill Bill (the whole bloody affair), guns and roses finally released chinese democracy after what, 15 years?
Old 12-17-08, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
I think you can get them both at Five Below for $5 each.
Old 12-17-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just buy and enjoy. I have not regretted it with the Kill Bills or the Grindhouse movies.
Old 12-17-08, 03:22 PM

I did forget that these have longer versions of the flicks. Still, those faux trailers totally tied them together....I may still wind up picking it anyway though. I'm glad I did it with Kill Bill. You guys may be right. Damn impulsive side of me.
Old 12-17-08, 03:47 PM

and I still think that Planet Terror is the better of the 2 films. That Robert Rodriguez knows how to make a good horror movie. From Dusk Till Dawn, The Faculty, now Planet Terror. I hear he wants to remake Barbarella if he can put Rose Mcgowen in the lead role.
Old 12-17-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Well worth that price. And if you have a 5 Below near you they can be had for $5 each.

I agree with other posters though, a theatrical cut is needed. Hell, I'd even pay a few dollars for a dvd with just the faux trailers.
Old 12-17-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've seen these at Target for $5.50 before. I remember buying these both the day of their release. I actually watched each of them a few times each (which is kind of rare for me). Now I'm passing them along to my sister who is also a fan and am expecting the Blu-ray's to arrive soon from Columbia House.

I am, apparently, a sucker.
Old 12-17-08, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by jgorow
should I quit holding my breath for Kill Bill (the whole bloody affair), guns and roses finally released chinese democracy after what, 15 years?
The Kill Bills on Blu-ray are a must have.
Old 12-18-08, 12:46 AM
Banned

YMMV on this one. Stopped by Target today to pick up Dexter Season One & saw Planet Terror. Ran it under the aisle scanner several times...each time it came up $7.50.
Old 12-18-08, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper
YMMV on this one. Stopped by Target today to pick up Dexter Season One & saw Planet Terror. Ran it under the aisle scanner several times...each time it came up $7.50.
well, they were a dollar less at the target I went to, but, even at 7.50, isnt that a great deal for the 2 disc special editions?
Old 12-19-08, 12:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jgorow
well, they were a dollar less at the target I went to, but, even at 7.50, isnt that a great deal for the 2 disc special editions?
It's an okay deal. I saw them for $6.99 in an FYE sale bin tonight, and they had plenty of copies. An FYE membership will take off an additional 10% (in my case, it takes care of the tax).

They're also available at Columbia House if you do the club thing.

Not saying that Target's price is BAD or that they're not worth it (well, I don't think Death Proof is worth much at all, to be honest)...just that it's not like they're $3 at Big Lots or something like that. You can find them cheaper at other outlets.

Wasn't threadcrapping when I posted earlier...was just pointing out that not all Targets had them at the $6.50 price.