Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Prison Break -- "Going Under" -- 12/15/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Following Linc's deal with the devil, Michael has his brain operation. Linc also extracts information from T-Bag, with whom he was recently reunited. Meanwhile, Wheeler and Lang transport Mahone to prison; and as Self and Gretchen await their prospective customer, Gretchen gets a phone call from her sister that's both reassuring and troubling. During surgery, Michael (who's conscious) gets unlikely help in unraveling the mystery of Scylla. Westmoreland: Muse Watson.

1 more new episode left in 2008 after tonight. Can't believe we got 16 straight new episodes.
Old 12-15-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This should be a good one.
Old 12-15-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWESOME!!! Back in prison baby!!! This should be interesting.
Old 12-16-08, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I liked this episode, but it wasn't as fast paced and action packed as the last several episodes.

I loved Lincoln playing dentist and pulling out 2 of T-Bag's teeth. That shit was really hardcore.

I wonder where they are going with Alex's escape from FBI custody.

So, is Sucre heading back to Chicago to be with Maricruz? Isn't he still technically a fugitive?

It was cool seeing Westmoreland aka DB Cooper again. Even though it was only a hallucination.

Looking forward to the Fall Finale next week.
Old 12-16-08, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great episode. Slow paced but done very well. Everyone is pretty much split up at this point so I wonder what will happen to bring them back together.

What a HUGH spoiler in next week's preview, wish I didn't see it.
Old 12-16-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88
What a HUGH spoiler in next week's preview, wish I didn't see it.
Yeah, stupid FOX does it again, but I already guessed it when...

Spoiler:

...they said that they had done one successful operation before and I remembered his mom had the same affliction.
Old 12-16-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The best quote was the buyer referring to Gretchen as a pretty "box" Man Gretchen is hot as shit!
Old 12-16-08, 09:33 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Self is such a bungling fool but ruthless at the same time

E.g. when the buyer came in with the case, he allowed the buyer to open the case with the lid in his way. He should have patted down the buyer for weapons, then ensure the case was opened so he could see what was in it.

I think it's a lock that Self dies by the end of the season. Gretchen probably not
Old 12-16-08, 11:10 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
This is shaping up for a good Fall finale.
Old 12-16-08, 12:22 PM

Can we just assume that the General is related to Michael and Linc. And the buyer is the General's daughter.

(I didn't see the scenes for the upcoming episode)

Last edited by crow121; 12-16-08 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^
I'm not sure they're related. But clearly their family is intimately involved with the company as both their father and mother worked for them. And as for the General's daughter, yes that occurred to me too.

Spoiler:
Surprised no one's commented on the fact that their mother is alive. Has her history ever been addressed on the show?

Last edited by Flave; 12-16-08 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 12:46 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if they keep the show for another year now. They just keep leaving too mnay open plot lines.

What else did I miss with scenes for next week? Is there a link? Feel free to use spoiler tags. Thanks!!!
Old 12-17-08, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's what I don't get. Once Gretchen's family is safe, why doesn't she turn on Self and kill him and take Sylla for herself?? Wasn't her family being held hostage the only reason she went along with Self in the first place??
Old 12-17-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I thought it was mentioned that their mother died when she was in her mid
30's because of the tumor.
Old 12-17-08, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob V
I thought it was mentioned that their mother died when she was in her mid
30's because of the tumor.
"Allegedly." Sort of how
Spoiler:
Pa Petrellia
"allegedly" died on Heroes.
Old 12-17-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
This show has been piling on the ridiculous this season...most of it is fun but there are a few groan inducing moments.

The one moment or moments, is they spent a lot of time talking about Michael getting his tattoos taken off and yet his brother has his on full display, not worried about anyone noticing. UGH! That is just plain sloppy. And Dominic Purcell has all of his kids birth dates on his arm which conflicts with the show's time line. Come guys we aren't that dumb.

Oh well, at least it isn't all bad...nice to know there is some fine looking tail on this show. It certainly doesn't hurt.
Old 12-17-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The one moment or moments, is they spent a lot of time talking about Michael getting his tattoos taken off and yet his brother has his on full display, not worried about anyone noticing. UGH! That is just plain sloppy. And Dominic Purcell has all of his kids birth dates on his arm which conflicts with the show's time line. Come guys we aren't that dumb.
Michael had tattoos covering his entire upper body that pretty much laid out his plan for escape in season one. That could be used against him if it came down to it.
Linc's tattoos have nothing to do with anything, why would he need to get them removed? it's not like someone will recognize him because of his tattoos.

I'm not sure I understand your complaint.
Old 12-17-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I've never noticed the tattoo's on Lincoln, let alone be able to identify them. I guess they don't stand out, like say a big giant GI Joe tattoo on the forearm.
Old 12-18-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Just caught up with this. Is it just me or is this easily the best season since the first? I'm loving it.
Old 12-18-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think this is the best season of PB.
Old 12-18-08, 02:55 PM

They should have skipped right past Seasons 2 & 3 and moved onto this. I mean seriously, run a short summer season of 6 eps after Season 1 which covers them getting caught and move right on to this season's plot line. As others have said, Gretchen is about the only good thing to come out of the middle seasons. (I don't give a crap about Mahone's whole storyline.)

Now where they really screwed up was not spinning off Heywire into his own half hour variety show for the insane.
Old 12-19-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What was in next week's preview that was a spoiler? I haven't seen it yet.
Old 12-19-08, 08:02 AM

There are still some things from the middle seasons that I prefer to this one. The manhunt from Season 2, at least the first half, had that tension where it always felt like Michael and Linc were this close to getting caught. Plus I liked the money & Kellerman plotlines and "WTF is up with this psychotic Mahone guy?". S2 did get pretty shitty in the second half though.

I liked S3 because of how we had to see Michael try to break out of an even bigger shithole than Fox River, this time without a magic plan. There were some weak spots, but it still had that PB feel.

I do like this season, but it doesn't quite have the tension or that "let's see Michael think his way out of this impossible situation" quality that I liked from previous seasons. I just want to see how it all ends, and I'm ready to move on.
Old 12-19-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mytzplyx
Here's what I don't get. Once Gretchen's family is safe, why doesn't she turn on Self and kill him and take Sylla for herself?? Wasn't her family being held hostage the only reason she went along with Self in the first place??
I agree - but I think she was just "playing along" with Self. I have a feeling she is working for the General's Daughter or is working with the "buyer"