Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Earthlings Welcome Here" -- 12/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-08, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Terminator

This is the "Fall Finale." The series moves to Friday's and will return Friday February 13th for the beginning of it's last 9 episodes.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Sarah tracks down a blogger who's familiar with the three-dots symbol. Elsewhere, Riley's bond with John begets a clash with Cameron.

Old 12-15-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Going into the gov facility alone sure was smart. Glad the future of the human race rests in such capable hands.
Old 12-15-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Enjoyed the Riley/Cameron scenes tonight. Cameron can be perfectly freaky when she wants to.

But I can't say I "got" the premise of this one. I thought they pretty well established two things in the last couple episodes:

1. Sarah came to the conclusion that the three dots obsession didn't necessarily mean anything because it's too generic--certainly not worth going to a UFO convention to chase unwarranted leads.

2. The 1920s episode showed that the three dots DID mean something: a specific lining up of stars to reveal the date of an assassination, and Cameron rectified that.

So, given those conclusions, this episode started out of nowhere for me.
Old 12-15-08, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode went nowhere too. What a disappointing episode. The whole 3 dots thing is a horrible story line. OMG wut r teh d0ts?!?!1
Old 12-15-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sarah's seems to be having hallucinations. Perhaps its the early stages of the brain tumor that ends up killing her. Thats the only way the 3 dots obsession makes sense and even then its still a bad storyline. Show needs more Emerson and Cameron. Less Riley and her weird looking handler.
Old 12-15-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
God, this episode was boring! Let's hope Riley bleeds out. Maybe this will send John over the edge ala Anakin Skywalker losing his mother, and John will finally grow a pair.

Why did Jesse need Riley to come back in time to distract John? Was she the only hope of distracting John from Cameron? Really? She's not even hot.

So Abraham was a man pretending to be a woman. Why didn't the show use an actor instead of an actress to play this part? When Abraham took her wig off, she still looked and sounded like a woman. How dumb do they think the audience is?

Where the hell was Derek? He's so underused this season.
Old 12-15-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thrush
Sarah's seems to be having hallucinations. Perhaps its the early stages of the brain tumor that ends up killing her. Thats the only way the 3 dots obsession makes sense and even then its still a bad storyline. Show needs more Emerson and Cameron. Less Riley and her weird looking handler.
Maybe Sarah and Riley will both bleed out and mole face will kill herself for being so mean to Riley and the urinator will get stuck as a toilet.
Old 12-15-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I kept going in and out during this episode. It just failed to engage me at any level. So, in the end, what is the point of Riley? Just to keep John away from Cameron. Wouldn't destroying Cameron like she were any other Terminator have had the same effect?

Even though the episode was somwhat Sarah-centric, it still felt like she wasn't the main character (of her own show, no less).

This wasn't seriously orginally conceived as a fall finale, right? It feels too much like a regular episode and not an "event" like you'd expect from a finale.
Old 12-15-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think what really hurts this episode is the delay; if they were coming back in a week, things would seem clear as opposed to being a cliffhanger.

The three dots are something, it's the drones and they are real. The 1920's guy was found by accident unless there's a convoluted way of looking at Cameron going to the Library because she was handed laundry duty.

I think what they are going at is two-fold; just by building an AI, they don't have the mechanized units and the drones are that entry point. But they are also trying to touch on the perpetuity of defeating Skynet. And that whole scene with the Waitress-Sarah and Asylum-Sarah is that she had two choices, either stay in the building or go out the door.

But less Riley will be awesome and Glau is easily the best thing about the show, she's just perfect in her creepy mannerisms and tone.
Old 12-16-08, 02:55 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
this show is going a bit over the place. needs some solid direction and linear storylines
Old 12-16-08, 05:05 AM
Banned

Did they seriously show in the preview that
Spoiler:
Kyle Reese
is in future episodes?
Old 12-16-08, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I made liberal use of the FF button when watching this. I'm not a fan of Riley but the episode would have worked much better if they had fleshed out her story with a couple more flashbacks and made it the 'A' story. Not that the flashbacks were that great, but they were a lot more interesting than Sarah's storyline.

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Why did Jesse need Riley to come back in time to distract John? Was she the only hope of distracting John from Cameron? Really? She's not even hot.
I guess hot chicks are in short supply after judgment day. It's funny the "temptress" here is the least attractive chick on the show. EDIT: Scratch that. After I submitted I spotted the promo pic at the top of the thread and remember the Urinator.

Last edited by wmansir; 12-16-08 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-16-08, 06:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I'm not sure I've ever seen so many face-moles on characters during one single episode of television in my entire life.
Old 12-16-08, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
To me, the best part of the ep was the Ellison/John Henry subplot. I'm ready to explore that more.
Old 12-16-08, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
So this show is coming back to a Friday lineup??? The kiss of death
Old 12-16-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I'm not sure I've ever seen so many face-moles on characters during one single episode of television in my entire life.
I noticed that too. It was almost to the point of distraction. I somehow thought the three points were somehow linked to that or was going to show up on someone's face.

There was so much wrong with this show. What was the deal with the paiting in the background when Sarah is scanning the dinner changing behind that woman's head? Was that just bad continuity? Also those goofy t-shirts Cameron and John were both wearing - all gears and stuff like the UFO. Either bad coincidence or just pointless costuming.

It is really sad that this show is slowly de-railing after starting so strong. I wouldn't be surprised if FOX simply cancels it after this season. As it is they only have 9 episodes to go and limited primetime scheduling available once American Idol returns (considering they already have Dollhouse, 24, Bones, House and a handful of Prison Break episodes).
Old 12-16-08, 08:52 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah this episode was DRY!!

So is this X-Files now?

Question: How did Sarah get the entire recording of the hypnotist session? I thought they were killed shortly after it started?

Derrick's Chick is the WORST actress! no emotion, nothing... the Riley sub-plot was boring!

Why are they doing this filler episode when you have the more interesting Cramortie / John Henry story line?
Old 12-16-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
So Abraham was a man pretending to be a woman. Why didn't the show use an actor instead of an actress to play this part? When Abraham took her wig off, she still looked and sounded like a woman. How dumb do they think the audience is?
Yeah, that was really bizarre and distracting. I didn't realize until he actually came out and said "I'm a man living as a woman" that he was supposed to be male because he so clearly wasn't.
Old 12-16-08, 10:10 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GoVegan
Yeah, that was really bizarre and distracting. I didn't realize until he actually came out and said "I'm a man living as a woman" that he was supposed to be male because he so clearly wasn't.

The minute I saw him/her I thought of

Old 12-16-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
To me, the best part of the ep was the Ellison/John Henry subplot. I'm ready to explore that more.
Yeah! Gotta wonder if teaching a machine the concepts of God is a good thing or bad thing.
Old 12-16-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
Ellison is the best part of EVERY episode he's in. That character needs a better show.

Simple enough reason though - Richard T. Jones can act circles around his co-stars.
Old 12-16-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cracksky
Did they seriously show in the preview that
Spoiler:
Kyle Reese
is in future episodes?
or it's a terminator made to look like john or kyle
Old 12-16-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It wasn't that bad. I mean, yeah most of the season has been really good, so this episode couldn't keep the level. But compared to the rest of TV, it wasn't that bad.

I'll be watching on Fridays. I think it's a good thing. I've too many shows to watch on Mondays.
Old 12-16-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Raul3
It wasn't that bad. I mean, yeah most of the season has been really good, so this episode couldn't keep the level. But compared to the rest of TV, it wasn't that bad.

I'll be watching on Fridays. I think it's a good thing. I've too many shows to watch on Mondays.
I'll follow it too. But my whole week's viewing gets lightened up once American Idol starts. Between that and Leno on at 10 - I'll have loads of freed time.
Old 12-16-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob V
So this show is coming back to a Friday lineup??? The kiss of death
Yeah, I remember when Fox started a new series on a Friday and ran it there for a few years - too bad X FILES never caught on ....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.