DVD Talk
Price Mistake? Entourage: The Complete Fourth Season $1.49 at Circuit City [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Price Mistake? Entourage: The Complete Fourth Season $1.49 at Circuit City

kazel
11-27-08, 09:43 AM
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/addToCart.do?CatNum=HBO1000040965DVD

Happy Thanksgiving!

starman9000
11-27-08, 10:01 AM
Thanks! In for that and the 2 season Venture Bros deal for $18.07 shipped.

aktick
11-27-08, 10:02 AM
Ordered one as well...we'll see if it ships. :p

bearkiss
11-27-08, 10:06 AM
I decided to try for one - thanks!

vedderone
11-27-08, 10:11 AM
no longer available

starman9000
11-27-08, 10:16 AM
Ordered one as well...we'll see if it ships. :p

Yeah, it's split out in mine as a "Special Order" so I doubt it'll ship.

I'm sure someone ordered 500 copies of it and it went bye-bye from the site.

kyle
11-27-08, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it's split out in mine as a "Special Order" so I doubt it'll ship.

I'm sure someone ordered 500 copies of it and it went bye-bye from the site.

It's still there if you search for entourage. Link just doesn't work.

pcdoctor
11-27-08, 10:22 AM
I can still get it to work by cutting and pasting this link but I'm sure that means nothing.

11-27-08, 10:28 AM
Still not worth it. Have you guys seen this show?

Trevor
11-27-08, 10:32 AM
Have you seen most of the reviews?

pcdoctor
11-27-08, 10:38 AM
I've never seen the show but I figured for $3.69 I could resell it. Too bad it wasn't "The Sopranos" or "Weeds". It probably won't ship anyway.

starman9000
11-27-08, 10:39 AM

hilarious.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
11-27-08, 10:46 AM
meh, gave it a shot!

dtcarson
11-27-08, 10:49 AM
Ordered it (after searching), Venture Brothers, and Simpsons S10 for 14.99. Even if I don't get Entourage (blind buy, only because it is allegedly insanely cheap) the others will be worth it.

diggerbeast
11-27-08, 10:52 AM
I wish I had gotten on this! I really love this show and need SS4. It now says unavailable :(

pcdoctor
11-27-08, 10:54 AM
I wish I had gotten on this! I really love this show and need SS4. It now says unavailable :(

Try cutting and pasting this link:

felcher
11-27-08, 10:59 AM
ya i did your copy paste thingy and it loaded into cart as special order item. i confirmed order and let's see if www.circuitcity.com will ship these. they don't charge card until it ships so no loss. happy thanksgiving and thanks .........again.

Torchur317
11-27-08, 11:13 AM
I ordered it also....

JAYARE
11-27-08, 11:49 AM
very niiice!

diggerbeast
11-27-08, 12:12 PM
Still doesn't find the page for me :( Thanks anyways though!

laserdogg
11-27-08, 12:18 PM
Ordered 1

Link worked for me

shyguy1083
11-27-08, 12:39 PM
link worked for me right now. taking a chance. been waiting for a price drop on this season since i wasn't thrilled with it (too much billy walsh)... this definitely works! let's hope it goes through. it'd be a nice thanksgiving gift :)

dx23
11-27-08, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the unnecessary thread crap. Don't like, don't post. Cant to criticize the show, got to TV Talk forum.

dlinke01
11-27-08, 01:26 PM
I took the chance too.

Matthew Chmiel
11-27-08, 04:36 PM
Since I'm buying the first three seasons tomorrow, I took a chance. Circuit City needs the money, right? ;)

aktick
11-27-08, 04:50 PM
Some people at Slick Deals think this may actually be some sort of Circuit City exclusive that they gave away when S4 was released, like a T-shirt.

aktick
11-27-08, 04:51 PM
Since I'm buying the first three seasons tomorrow, I took a chance. Circuit City needs the money, right? ;)

FYI, Amazon has seasons 1-3 at $10 now.

Anono
11-27-08, 04:53 PM
Worth a shot. I bit.:)

TimeandTide
11-27-08, 05:26 PM
Gave it a shot.

starman9000
11-27-08, 05:33 PM
Some people at Slick Deals think this may actually be some sort of Circuit City exclusive that they gave away when S4 was released, like a T-shirt.

Yeah, it said exclusive. My guess is it is probably the package they had with the T-shirt and that means there is likely no real stock and none of us will get it.

amd555
11-27-08, 05:49 PM
this should be the dvd. I googled the upc and one of the sites that came up was http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/release/DVryhvrAStCjvr

It says that this is a 3 disc exclusive dvd. Hopefully thats what we get.

felcher
11-27-08, 11:05 PM
i got a 15 off 100.00 coupon from circuitcity in my email after this purchase. either way if i use this online coupon i came out i feel ahead.

melih69
11-27-08, 11:29 PM
If we get this it will be the BEST BF deal for this year :)

NiCK Crush
11-27-08, 11:43 PM
Hope this works out for you guys... i already have this set, but wow, what a deal.

Trevor
11-28-08, 05:51 AM
i got a 15 off 100.00 coupon from circuitcity in my email after this purchase. either way if i use this online coupon i came out i feel ahead.
Those coupons have always been available. They hand them out in stores like candy on Halloween and in emails monthly once you give them your email.

In the past two years I've been handed or emailed at least 100 of them.

jiggawhat
11-28-08, 05:58 AM
Thanks OP. Worth a try.

SPiRAL
11-28-08, 06:21 AM
In for 1, thanks OP.

BambooLounge
11-28-08, 06:37 AM
Just gave it a shot...we'll see.

Bobaray
11-29-08, 11:34 PM
Just received e-mail from Circuit City. First paragraph states:

This is to inform you that a product you have ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.
Please visit www.circuitcity.com if you would like to select another item.

Oh well....

Nugent
11-29-08, 11:35 PM
Just received this e-mail from CC. Geez at least be honest and just admit you made a mistake.

"This is to inform you that a product you have ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.
Please visit www.circuitcity.com if you would like to select another item."

Double_Oh_7
11-29-08, 11:35 PM
Just got this e-mail:

This is to inform you that a product you have ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.
Please visit www.circuitcity.com if you would like to select another item.

Your order confirmation # is XXXXXXXX received on 11/27/08.

Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Item # Cancelled Title
1 0 HBO1000040965DVD ENTOURAGE: COMP FOURTH (CC)

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

FangsFirst
11-29-08, 11:37 PM
Just received this e-mail from CC. Geez at least be honest and just admit you made a mistake.

If someone above was correct about the "with t-shirt" part it's probably automated--and correct

leeta
11-29-08, 11:41 PM
Got the same email.

dago2727
11-29-08, 11:43 PM
Got the same e-mail as well...

runner001
11-29-08, 11:47 PM
HA! oh well. they really can't afford mistakes like this so I don't blame them.

Arthur Dent
11-29-08, 11:48 PM
Got the email as well. Can't say I was surprised.

dlinke01
11-30-08, 12:15 AM
We all knew that CC was going to do this. CC is the worst store... I hope they completely close down.

Anono
11-30-08, 12:21 AM
Oh well it was worth a shot.:) Nothing gained/nothing lost.

melih69
11-30-08, 12:29 AM
Didn't even get an email.

Double_Oh_7
11-30-08, 12:33 AM
HA! oh well. they really can't afford mistakes like this so I don't blame them.

Ah, they're going out of business anyway. What have they got to lose by honoring it?

cinemaphile
11-30-08, 12:39 AM
I'm going to SUE them! They HAVE to give it to me for $1.49!!!! I'm filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau!!

I'm also full of shit. I'm just anticipating all the angry posts that are sure to follow. rotfl

pcdoctor
11-30-08, 04:09 AM
Ah, they're going out of business anyway. What have they got to lose by honoring it?

Two stores in GA are staying open because they are doing well. (supposedly)
The Rome and Columbus GA stores are still open but the other stores are now owned by the liquidator.
Go here to see which stores are still open in your state.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=154701
I guess the next closest store outside of GA is TN.

Rome
2700 Martha Berry Highway Northeast, Rome, GA 30165 Details & directions

Columbus
5555 Whittlesey Boulevard, Columbus, GA 31909 Details & directions

Chattanooga
2208 Hamilton Place Boulevard, Chattanooga, TN 37421 Details & directions

pcdoctor
11-30-08, 08:47 AM
I got a 2nd email from Circuit City.
I thought they weren't supposed to charge our credit cards until an item is shipped?

"Your credit card was automatically charged for your order. Circuit City will issue a refund within 2-3 business days. Please understand that some financial institutions may take 5-7 business days to process the refund to your credit card account.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you still have questions, please feel free to call our Customer Support Center at 1-800-593-4361.

Circuit City Stores, Inc.
9950 Mayland Drive
Richmond, VA
23233-1464"

Trevor
11-30-08, 08:56 AM
I hope they completely close down.

Why? So Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Fry's can raise their prices? Competition is good. Buying things at BB for 10% less than CC's advertised prices is good.

I agree that CC stinks and don't like to shop there, but we should all want them to stay in business.

dtcarson
11-30-08, 12:55 PM
Yeah, charging before it ships is a little sneaky. If you paid with debit, you're out the cash; if you paid with credit and run a balance, you've now increased your 'average daily balance'. Granted it's only a buck and a half, but still.
Maybe they did that if you ordered other things as well, that were in stock? (speaking of which, I'm going to have to return my Simpsons S10 in the same order.)

shyguy1083
12-01-08, 09:21 PM
so i got another e-mail today:

"Dear valued customer,

We're sorry to tell you that due to a technical error, the Entourage Season 4 DVD set you recently ordered was listed at the incorrect price. We have cancelled your order. Your credit card has not been charged.

If you would like to reorder the item at the correct price, just click here. We appreciate your business and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Wishing you a happy holiday,
circuitcity.com"

i'm just curious why they didn't just say that in the first place instead of sending out the e-mail claiming the item had been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Arthur Dent
12-01-08, 09:23 PM
^I got that email as well. I clicked to see the correct price. No thanks. :)

I'll add it to the collection NEXT black friday!

big whoppa
12-01-08, 09:36 PM
They cancelled my 100 orders!

;)

MAH4546
12-03-08, 02:25 AM
I'm going to SUE them! They HAVE to give it to me for $1.49!!!! I'm filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau!!

Actually, Circuit City, by law, actually has to sell them for $1.49. If anybody actually sued, they would win in just about any court of law. Circuit City is breaking the common law UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) by trying to renege on a legally binding agreement. No "we reserve the right" clause can get them out of it.

It is not illegal for them to cancel the order. If a customer does not demand the order is enforced, the customer ratifies the cancelation by his inaction.

If a customer insists that CC sell the item at the advertised price, CC must sell it or they are breaking the law.

A store does not reserve the right to change a sales price after it was sold.

hindolio
12-03-08, 02:49 AM
^ i am not a lawyer and have very little legal knowledge, but ill take a swing at (shudder!) defending circuit city just for the sake of curiosity...

Errors on our website
Despite our efforts to ensure that the information on our website is accurate, complete and current, there may be instances when information about a Product contains inaccurate or incomplete data, including data about the Product's price or availability. We make no warranty or guarantee that the information on our website is error-free, complete, or current. We reserve the right to correct errors and/or update the content on our website at any time without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order containing any error or inaccuracy, including after the order has been submitted, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your order is canceled after your payment has been processed, we will issue a full refund to the original pay type.

so is the above not good enough?

Trevor
12-03-08, 11:46 AM
^^ That post isn't true. No company can be held responsible for pricing errors. Sure they cave sometimes, but lawsuits have gone both ways when people are silly enough to take them that far.

dlinke01
12-03-08, 11:56 AM
Being offered at that price means they have to sell it at that price. By offering that price it is binding. Just because technology makes it easier to make mistakes, it doesn't change the fact that it is a contract between the seller and the buyer. Bad business is what brought CC down to bankruptcy. I say good riddance. Now I'm not saying to sue them, but they did take my money first. So that is a binding contract. The company is just hiding behind technology and the internet. Shame on them.

muggsy
12-03-08, 12:26 PM
Being offered at that price means they have to sell it at that price. By offering that price it is binding. Just because technology makes it easier to make mistakes, it doesn't change the fact that it is a contract between the seller and the buyer. Bad business is what brought CC down to bankruptcy. I say good riddance. Now I'm not saying to sue them, but they did take my money first. So that is a binding contract. The company is just hiding behind technology and the internet. Shame on them.

Chances are they didn't take your money. I ordered one, just to give it a shot, and got the email saying that I've been charged and it'll take a few days to process the refund, but my card was never charged. As a legal matter, advertising a product for sale at a particular price does not preclude the seller from fixing a mistake in the ad, whether it's a print ad, a TV ad, or an internet ad. CC has a lot of problems, but this was clearly a mistake and if somebody took them to court they'd lose. Plus, they'd spend a lot more than the corrected price of the Entourage set in legal fees. :)

dlinke01
12-03-08, 12:56 PM
If you complained enough they would just sell you the season for the 1.50 it was offered at. By law it is still being offered at that price. It was a mistake but that still means it was false advertising. They would never let something like that go to court. They would make it go away before that would ever happen.

Cheato
12-03-08, 01:51 PM
A bunch of fake lawyers, wannabe lawyers, or just plain bad lawyers in this thread.

You think you have a legal basis? Call a real lawyer, take it to court, and then get laughed out as the judge socks you with fines or jailtime. Otherwise, shut up.

Every time there is a pricing mistake that a company doesn't honor, people jump in with the "if I pushed it, I would win in court." No, you wouldn't.

What it *always* comes down to is "reasonable behavior." How did you hear about this price?

An advertised sale that led you to their doors to wait for an hour in a line in the freezing cold, only to be told that it was a misprice and you could have it for the regular, higher price?

A forum on a website that is based on posting DVD deals (which more often than not these days people seem to confuse with website ordering glitches), which then had a link to a product that was no longer available that hacked the website into adding it to your cart?

If the former, you would probably win. If the latter, you're liable to wind up in jail overnight on contempt. You lost absolutely nothing by ordering this. You agreed to their terms by ordering from their site. THAT is your legally binding contract. If you don't agree to their terms, don't place your order. Simple. It's not widows and orphans time anymore.

A judge would almost undoubtedly see Circuit City's position as serving a better good than bad (e.g., online ordering reduces the Black Friday rush in the stores that causes a lot of traffic, wastes gasoline, and can lead to violence, injury, and death), and your lawsuit as being greedy and selfish (you didn't want to pay the reasonable price--or even a real Black Friday sale price--you wanted to pay a glitch price). In other words, an easy decision and an early drive home for the judge.

Stop watching TV shows and reading forums like these for your legal advice.

Double_Oh_7
12-03-08, 01:59 PM
If you complained enough they would just sell you the season for the 1.50 it was offered at. By law it is still being offered at that price. It was a mistake but that still means it was false advertising.
But they weren't "advertising" it at that price. Someone just happened to find the mistake on the website and posted it here. Unless you have an actual ad that says "Entourage on sale for $1.49" you're out of gas.

dlinke01
12-03-08, 09:49 PM
That's not true. It is still considered advertisement on the net. It's like if you found that in the store for that price, you brought it up to the counter, and it rang up at that price; then the cashier looked at it and told you that it's worth more than that. They cannot do that.

MAH4546
12-04-08, 12:01 AM
A bunch of fake lawyers, wannabe lawyers, or just plain bad lawyers in this thread.

You think you have a legal basis? Call a real lawyer, take it to court, and then get laughed out as the judge socks you with fines or jailtime. Otherwise, shut up.

Every time there is a pricing mistake that a company doesn't honor, people jump in with the "if I pushed it, I would win in court." No, you wouldn't.

What it *always* comes down to is "reasonable behavior." How did you hear about this price?

An advertised sale that led you to their doors to wait for an hour in a line in the freezing cold, only to be told that it was a misprice and you could have it for the regular, higher price?

A forum on a website that is based on posting DVD deals (which more often than not these days people seem to confuse with website ordering glitches), which then had a link to a product that was no longer available that hacked the website into adding it to your cart?

If the former, you would probably win. If the latter, you're liable to wind up in jail overnight on contempt. You lost absolutely nothing by ordering this. You agreed to their terms by ordering from their site. THAT is your legally binding contract. If you don't agree to their terms, don't place your order. Simple. It's not widows and orphans time anymore.

A judge would almost undoubtedly see Circuit City's position as serving a better good than bad (e.g., online ordering reduces the Black Friday rush in the stores that causes a lot of traffic, wastes gasoline, and can lead to violence, injury, and death), and your lawsuit as being greedy and selfish (you didn't want to pay the reasonable price--or even a real Black Friday sale price--you wanted to pay a glitch price). In other words, an easy decision and an early drive home for the judge.

Stop watching TV shows and reading forums like these for your legal advice.

I am a lawyer.

Circuit City violated the UCC, simple as that, especially since it appears they charged credit cards and sealed the deal.

Yes, if somebody took advantage of the offer in a way you describe, a court would side with the retailer.

Though a buyer who saw it on the website and purchased it in good faith thinking they were getting a good BF deal? The buyer will win.

MAH4546
12-04-08, 12:04 AM
^ i am not a lawyer and have very little legal knowledge, but ill take a swing at (shudder!) defending circuit city just for the sake of curiosity...

so is the above not good enough?

The disclaimer can go either way. It does not absolutely protect Circuit City.

There is a reason why in many famous "price error cases" that are publicized by the media (mostly with airline ticket pricing mistakes), the price mistakes are honored, and it's not just to avoid bad publicity. The consumer will typically win.

melih69
12-04-08, 12:09 AM
i smell a class action lawsuit :)

CmC918
12-04-08, 01:53 AM
Everyone should of known going in that it was a price mistake so getting anything out of the deal would be a bonus. As long as you get your money back it's time to move on and maybe one of these days you will get lucky on an obvious price mistake.

tigerwin
12-04-08, 12:31 PM
Damn that was cheap sorry I missed out on that one

drmoze
12-19-08, 07:43 PM
I am a lawyer.

Circuit City violated the UCC, simple as that, especially since it appears they charged credit cards and sealed the deal.

Yes, if somebody took advantage of the offer in a way you describe, a court would side with the retailer.

Though a buyer who saw it on the website and purchased it in good faith thinking they were getting a good BF deal? The buyer will win.

You are? :lol: :lol: Wow.

3 letters: T T T

melih69
12-19-08, 11:12 PM
I wonder why we bring back dead threads like this. I guess there is no deal worth to talk about now.