Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Any deals for CH.com (Not ColumbiaHouse, but CH)?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 11-17-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this is a dumb thread, which it may be, but this section of the board can be very cluttered and confusing with the interchangeable Columbia House and CH usage.

I signed up for CH.com last year when they were having their B1G1F sale, and they accepted my membership immediately after it was finished. Aside from the occasional good deal on a single DVD, I haven't really gotten much use out of this account and I haven't seen any good deals going on with it.

Any word on some specials or deals for CH.com, or is this site pretty much useless these days?
Old 11-17-08, 09:29 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH.com (i also have a membership) is really only good for random, single titles. otherwise they never have sales, sporadically update the site... but with cheap titles and free shipping i usually use the account to let other people buy stuff.
Old 11-18-08, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Yea, there used to be codes that work every now and then, but I don't think you can even enter codes anymore on ch.com
Old 11-18-08, 09:27 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
They had an amazing sale/code/glitch last year, but nothing since they revamped the site.

I keep mine open just in case they ever do it again.
Old 11-18-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
Actually if you check out this thread and look at the posts beginning in May of this year, there was a tremendous deal on a bunch of DVDs/Sets that dropped in price. I believe this took place after the site changes. It was completely random...since that time, I log in once every few weeks and look around with my fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-08, 06:51 AM

Yeah, that's the sale I was referring to. Didn't realize it was so recent.

Edit to add: Pretty sure it was before the site revamp.
Old 11-19-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Edit to add: Pretty sure it was before the site revamp.
It was 3 months earlier (if you look at that same thread in February) that they overhauled the site, making all the titles $7.95/$14.95 and changing the membership agreement for new folks requiring them to purchase titles on an annual basis.

Not that I have to be right...
Old 11-19-08, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
It was 3 months earlier (if you look at that same thread in February) that they overhauled the site, making all the titles $7.95/$14.95 and changing the membership agreement for new folks requiring them to purchase titles on an annual basis.

Not that I have to be right...
Not that I have to be right either, but

Are we perhaps talking about two different revamps? I thought I remember them changing the site to not allow code input, after that sale.

But you're probably right, my mind is muddled with all sort of past deals/glitches/clubs.
Old 11-19-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
Not that I have to be right either, but

Are we perhaps talking about two different revamps? I thought I remember them changing the site to not allow code input, after that sale.

But you're probably right, my mind is muddled with all sort of past deals/glitches/clubs.
Since I posted the deal about the box sets I can tell you it went on after the site was changed and you could no longer enter codes. I've checked but haven't been able to spot any other deals. That box set deal was nice. I got a lot of DVDs for me, Christmas gifts and FYE credit out of it before they finally changed the prices,
Old 11-19-08, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Since I posted the deal about the box sets I can tell you it went on after the site was changed and you could no longer enter codes. I've checked but haven't been able to spot any other deals. That box set deal was nice. I got a lot of DVDs for me, Christmas gifts and FYE credit out of it before they finally changed the prices,
Ok, I think I'm beginning to piece the history together now, not that it really matters.

We had that boxset sale back in May, after the revamp.

But that sale was nothing compared to one last year before the revamp. That one had tons of $5 sets and SEs, and allowed a B1G1F code, right?