DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/13/08

Title:
Spoiler:
The Brains Behind Everything

Description:
Spoiler:
Conflict abounds when a hard fought reward challenge threatens to cause an upset, and a heated tribal council where dirty laundry is aired.
Old 11-13-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
I don't know if they tried this or not, but if I was trying to convince Sugar the person I would have try talking to her is Bob. The others just seem shady.

Speaking of Bob, his fake idol was awesome.
Old 11-13-08, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bob's idol was great. Hope it comes up in the future.

Smart to get rid of Charlie. Corrine's true colors will really start coming out now (that she's a complete bitch). Hopefully Bob can somehow stick around. Couldn't care less about Randy, Crystal, or Susie.

Charlie's infatuation with Marcus is a *bit* disturbing.
Old 11-13-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another fun blindside!! Now Charlie can spend 100 % of his time lusting after a guy he will never have. Pathetic.

Yeah, Corrine is a real asshole. I hope she gets the boot soon.

Right now I like Kenny, Bob, and Sugar.
Old 11-13-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love tonight. The look on Corrine's face says it all. I think Bob's HII is better than the real one.
Old 11-13-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Randy's comment when he held up his "C.C" vote was LOL funny.

Hope Marcus doesn't need to get a restraining order now that Charlie is in the jury house with him, just the two of them.
Old 11-13-08, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Bitch......

I think Charlie was the real winner of Survivor tonight
Old 11-13-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Should make for some interesting camp life w/ Randy and Crystal. The two biggest mouths in the game and they HATE each other.
Old 11-14-08, 01:24 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
so glad charlie is gonzo
Old 11-14-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Bob's idol was much better than Ozzie's!

I think Matty winning the immunity challenge last week really turned the game around.
Old 11-14-08, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, what turned the game around was the stupid tribe switch that effectively punished the successful players and rewarded the sucky players. It's the same thing that got Michelle eliminated a few seasons ago. Everyone on Fang from day 1 was a bad, irrational player, and now those people are rewarded instead of picked off one by one.
Old 11-14-08, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I think Charlie was the real winner of Survivor tonight
Old 11-14-08, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by wewantflair
No, what turned the game around was the stupid tribe switch that effectively punished the successful players and rewarded the sucky players. It's the same thing that got Michelle eliminated a few seasons ago. Everyone on Fang from day 1 was a bad, irrational player, and now those people are rewarded instead of picked off one by one.
Meh. Survivor has been doing this for years and if they were such good players they would have anticipated it and planned for it. How about not alienate Susie until you are merged and have the obvious advantage. They made it obvious that she was the bottom of their group and she had no incentive to stay loyal. That is on them. They got too arrogant, especially Corinne and Randy, and acted like their group was untouchable, entitled, and a lock for the final 5. So fuck 'em.

Bob needs to make a move and cut ties with the 2 assholes. I think he still has a shot if he can get in with some people, maybe Matty and Sugar.
Old 11-14-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The golf challenge looked fun.

Bob did a great job with that fake idol. It will be interesting to see if he can use it in some way.

They got too arrogant, especially Corinne and Randy, and acted like their group was untouchable, entitled, and a lock for the final 5. So fuck 'em.
And now that arrogance will likely flip to the other side. I really don't care who wins at this point as long as it isn't Crystal.
Old 11-14-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
And now that arrogance will likely flip to the other side. I really don't care who wins at this point as long as it isn't Crystal.
That's how I feel about Corrine.
Old 11-14-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Meh. Survivor has been doing this for years and if they were such good players they would have anticipated it and planned for it. How about not alienate Susie until you are merged and have the obvious advantage. They made it obvious that she was the bottom of their group and she had no incentive to stay loyal. That is on them. They got too arrogant, especially Corinne and Randy, and acted like their group was untouchable, entitled, and a lock for the final 5. So fuck 'em.

Bob needs to make a move and cut ties with the 2 assholes. I think he still has a shot if he can get in with some people, maybe Matty and Sugar.
Amen. Actually, that tribe split should have helped the tribe with the numbers if anything. That's if their group was a solid group, which it was not. I loved Kenny's response to Corinne saying that Marcus didn't deserve to go. I don't get why they didn't get Randy out this week. Old Fang knew Sugar didn't like him so that would be the easiest sell. I guess Kenny really is running things because he's the only one that would rather have Charlie out. I think Bob should just lay low right now. Randy and Corinne should be the next to go and then it would be 6 left. At that point he can start talking to whomever he trusts most and try to end up being a swing vote. There's a good chance he will be in the final 3.

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Another fun blindside!! Now Charlie can spend 100 % of his time lusting after a guy he will never have. Pathetic.

Yeah, Corrine is a real asshole. I hope she gets the boot soon.

Right now I like Kenny, Bob, and Sugar.

I just watched the Ponderosa footage on cbs.com, and their relationship is odd. At one point Marcus says its like sharing a dream experience with your best friend. I know a straight guy and a gay guy can be friends but I can't really see them being that close. That's basically like a guy and girl being best friends. 99% of the time that doesn't work out. Someone always develops feelings and it gets in the way of the relationship.
Old 11-14-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree. Not to mention, Kota treated Sugar like dirt until they needed her vote. Don't you think Sugar was probably holding a bit of a grudge for them sending her to exile 6 or 7 straight times? Randy is stupidly burning bridges right and left (if there ever were any bridges to begin with). He's so abrasive and insulting, there's virtually no way he'd ever win a jury vote. I actually thought Corinne (even though I hate her) was smart enough to hide her bitchiness. Not so. Charlie at least keeps his mouth shut, but obviously isn't smart enough to see any danger coming his way. The only 2 really good players from Kota are Bob and Marcus, although Marcus was dumb coming at Crystal with his guns blazing for Ken. For me, the most likeable players are still in the game: Sugar, Matty, Ken and Bob.

OK, Randy is an ass. We already knew this, but every episode it gets more painfully obvious. The reward challenge incident with Matty was beyond absurd. Then he continued to beat the dead horse at tribal.
Old 11-14-08, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The golf challenge looked fun.

Bob did a great job with that fake idol. It will be interesting to see if he can use it in some way.

Kenny seems to getting a big head over the last couple of episodes. I think Matty is in a pretty good spot to win the thing. He can let Kenny piss everyone off and then swoop in late and take control.
Old 11-14-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, now that Sugar made her move, I think the power has completely shifted to her side. I imagine Randy is next since 1) Sugar wants him out and 2) He's on the team with fewer numbers.

Sugar has a strong chance of being in the final 3 now since she has the numbers AND the immunity idol. I agree with those above that Bob could still get far if he plays his cards right...and his fake idol. :P
Old 11-14-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Kenny seems to getting a big head over the last couple of episodes. I think Matty is in a pretty good spot to win the thing. He can let Kenny piss everyone off and then swoop in late and take control.
He has. Plus Crystal always has that smirk after votes that you just want to smack off her face.
Old 11-14-08, 08:52 AM

How do you expect him to use his fake idol? Matty, Kenny, and Crystal knows that Sugar has the HII. The only people he can fool with that fake idol are Randy and Corrine.

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Well, now that Sugar made her move, I think the power has completely shifted to her side. I imagine Randy is next since 1) Sugar wants him out and 2) He's on the team with fewer numbers.

Sugar has a strong chance of being in the final 3 now since she has the numbers AND the immunity idol. I agree with those above that Bob could still get far if he plays his cards right...and his fake idol. :P
Old 11-14-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by patrix
How do you expect him to use his fake idol? Matty, Kenny, and Crystal knows that Sugar has the HII. The only people he can fool with that fake idol are Randy and Corrine.
Well, he can convince Randy and Corinne that it is real and then use that to fool them and make a move to the other side.
Old 11-14-08, 09:10 AM

Well, he can convince Randy and Corinne that it is real and then use that to fool them and make a move to the other side.
Randy and Corrine will never try to vote him off, so why would he need to show them his fake idol? Do you expect Randy and Corrine to try to convince the other side to vote for Bob to fish out the idol or the blind-side the other team? The other team is controlling the game right now.

I just don't see any benefit Bob would get from the fake idol. The other team will be gunning for Corrine and Randy next. So the best move for him is to lay low and try to form an alliance with matty and sugar.

I'm surprised that it never occurred to Bob that Sugar's got the idol.

Last edited by patrix; 11-14-08 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added more text
Old 11-14-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by taa455
For me, the most likeable players are still in the game: Sugar, Matty, Ken and Bob.
Agreed.
Old 11-14-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by patrix
I'm surprised that it never occurred to Bob that Sugar's got the idol.

I thought he said that was a possibility after he couldn't find it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.