Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone remember this movie (80's)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

When I was a kid back in the 80s I used to always watch some movie on HBO. All I can remember is it was SCI-FI and some vague details. The main character was a young woman and one day people of the world start disappearing. She had young children with her that I believe were her siblings. People were taken by the half-human looking things that I believe were bald. I assume they were some sort of aliens. I remember them chasing her. I remember in one scene you see these weird things coming down an escalator in a department store. I think she goes through out the movie with one of her friends. Eventually she managed to get the kids back. The movie ended with them realizing or thinking they were the only humans left in the world. I think they were walking down a deserted street.

It's probably been over 20 years since I have seen this movie and I can only remember little pieces. I would love if someone could tell me the name of this movie. I hope I have given enough details.

Thanks!!
Old 11-09-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. I remember being shocked at the sci-fi turn the series took.
Old 11-09-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6dOoyghxb0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6dOoyghxb0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by E. Honda; 11-09-08 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-09-08, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, thanks so much I didn't think I would get an answer so quick. There are a ton of clips on Youtube of this movie. This has to be it. It seems so different than my memory. Parts of it are jogging my memory.

Thanks again!!