Desperate Housewives -- "There's Always A Woman" -- 11/2/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "There's Always A Woman" -- 11/2/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Lynette suspects that Tom is having an affair; Susan tries to surprise Jackson; Mrs. McCluskey enlists her sister (Lily Tomlin) to dig up dirt on Dave; one of Carlos' clients makes him an offer; and the bond grows between Bree and Katherine.

Old 11-02-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, or did Edie look hot as hell in that little orange/red number she was wearing? WOW!

I love Karen! She's such a sneak! I believe Karen can outsmart Dave, even on her worst day!

LOFL! Karen knocking off a beer with her sister, while she's in a hospital bed! LOVE IT!

OH MY GOD! The scene with Susan stripping down, thinking she's going to get into the shower with Jackson, only to find another woman in there! The reaction from the other woman was freaking hilarious! Susan deserved to get squirted with that shampoo! Freaking HILARIOUS! That has to be one of the best scenes of this entire series!!!

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 11-02-08 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-02-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like how they include Carlos in the band by letting him play the tambourine
Old 11-02-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, so Dave's brother was killed in prison! Looks like fingers are pointing to either Mike, or Orson.
Old 11-02-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, now, that was interesting. The wheels are in motion for some major drama. Carlos and Gabby are being set-up by the very manipulative Virginia Hildebrand (played very well by Frances Conroy). Lynette believes Tom is cheating on her with Anne Schilling, who turns out to be having an affair with Porter! Finally, we learn the motivation behind Dave's desire for revenge. Now, to find out if it is Mike or Orson, both of whom have been to prison. This season is turning out quite nicely.
Old 11-02-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Is it just me, or did Edie look hot as hell in that little orange/red number she was wearing? WOW!
Maybe just you. She is not hot in any way.
Old 11-02-08, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Maybe just you. She is not hot in any way.
Hmmm. Maybe I need to take a cold shower, then. I thought she looked hot!
Old 11-03-08, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode was chock full of guest stars.

Frances Conroy!
Gail O'Grady!
Lily Tomlin!
The dad from Kyle XY!
Old 11-03-08, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spoiler:
I'm actually feeling it might be Orson who killed the brother. They harped on getting Mike in the band so much, it makes me think Dave wants Orson out of the picture and is gonna use Mike's record to frame him
Old 11-03-08, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Okay - I can buy hot Gabby banging John, the garden-boy, back in S1, but a MILF like Gail O'Grady banging that ugly ass Porter? C'mon.

Loved the Gabby and Carlos indecent proposal storyline.

I wouldn't miss Susan at all at this point. Her storyline is completely uninteresting.
Old 11-03-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I usually refrain from making sarcastic comments. But wow, Lynette is insecure and thinks Tom is cheating....haven't seen that storyline before!

Porter banging the cougar as well as the appearance of the Six Feet Under mom were good though.
Old 11-03-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Ah, so Dave's brother was killed in prison! Looks like fingers are pointing to either Mike, or Orson.
Yeah, and since we're supposed to believe it's Mike, I'm more inclined to think it's actually Orson. Then again, it could also be Carlos. Is every woman on Wisteria Lane married to a former felon?
Old 11-03-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rennervision
Yeah, and since we're supposed to believe it's Mike, I'm more inclined to think it's actually Orson. Then again, it could also be Carlos. Is every woman on Wisteria Lane married to a former felon?
Ah, that's true! I forgot about Carlos. LOL. That's funny, but, it does seem every woman on Wisteria Lane, with the possible exception of Lynette, has been married to a former felon.

The thing is, did Orson or Carlos kill anyone, in self-defense, while they were in prison? I can't recall. Of course, this could be a detail that has been left out, which would be revealed just as Dave was about to kill his victim.
Old 11-03-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I appreciated the reference to:

Old 11-03-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where did that cat start out. I have seen him on The Soup but I thought they were referencing the cat from something else.
Old 11-03-08, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Okay - I can buy hot Gabby banging John, the garden-boy, back in S1, but a MILF like Gail O'Grady banging that ugly ass Porter? C'mon.
You are a guy, right?
Old 11-03-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
So is it 2013 on the show if this season is supposed to be 5 years later than last season? Haven't seen much new in the way of technology, inventions, clothing styles, etc.
Old 11-03-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i figured it was mike too but they haven't really talked about orson's time in jail.

the lynette/tom cheating line does seem rehashed from before if memory serves. the porter/cougar seems a little far fetched but i guess that's why they are called cougars. they go after 17 year olds
Old 11-05-08, 09:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
So is it 2013 on the show if this season is supposed to be 5 years later than last season? Haven't seen much new in the way of technology, inventions, clothing styles, etc.
What, you didn't see the hovercraft Mike was driving?
Old 11-06-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude

Where did that cat start out. I have seen him on The Soup but I thought they were referencing the cat from something else.
The Soup pulled it from some morning show clip (hence "The Morning Show" title in the capture) where they inexplicably flashed to a cat eating spaghetti in the middle of their broadcast.

Frances Conroy is a welcome addition even if she isn't looking so well. Was there something wrong with the left side of her face? Lily Thomlin even MORE SO! Bravo!