A new episode airs tonight at 10/9 Central! Here is the summary:

You Get What You Need

* Series Episode: 44
* Season: 3
* Episode: 5
* First Aired: 10/26/2008
* Prod Code: 305

Spoiler:
Rebecca's trust in her mother is put to the test when she discovers something about Holly; Kevin meets Scotty's conservative parents.
Old 10-26-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good episode! I can't believe that Scotty's mother is so cold towards Kevin. I was very proud of him for saying something. Sure, he could have been more straight forward about the fact that he was passed over for partner, rather than saying that he quit his job.

Rebecca and Justin finally did the deed. Hopefully that relationship will actually develop into a meaningful one. It looks like it will, judging from the end of the episode.

I can't believe Kevin is going to go to work for Robert. Talk about two different worlds colliding!

Nora really made her point about running a household, and I LOVE that she said, "...running a corporation should be a cake walk!" Great stuff.

If I were Nora, I would take Holly's suggestion about contacting Ryan before she does. Holly is bound to do anything! At least she gave a warning to Nora.

Next week looks to be very interesting!
Old 10-27-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin is a doofus. He rightfully blew up at that dinner, but one has to wonder if he wasn't mostly mad at himself for the current screw ups in play in his life:

Lost Ojai job which cost him the partnership
Changed the Wandells' pre-set dinner reservations to later to accommodate his schedule but failed to get them the outdoor seating which was the reason they had wanted to eat there
Promised Scotty he'd get bourbon for his dad and instead got scotch (wtf?!)
Promised he'd get Scotty's mom an autographed photo of the McAllisters (which he covered for by dragging the McAllisters to the dinner where he got all jealous because Mrs. Wandell was fawning over her idols and ignoring him - like duh that wasn't likely to happen!)
Promised Scotty to book them in the W then neglected to get them ANY hotel reservation

Sorry, Kevin was just a mess. Seems to be very unlike the character, but they wrote it that way. Just have no sympathy for him. The new job will undoubtedly give Kevin and Kitty more to bicker about as she'll be probing Kevin for the inside scoop on Robert's office while he gripes about Robert's choices on political issues. (I have to wonder if this wont also involve Kevin having additional encounters with Robert's gay brother Jason who they wrote out last season so Eric Winter could be on the failed Moonlight.)
Old 10-27-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Kevin is a doofus. He rightfully blew up at that dinner, but one has to wonder if he wasn't mostly mad at himself for the current screw ups in play in his life:

Lost Ojai job which cost him the partnership
Changed the Wandells' pre-set dinner reservations to later to accommodate his schedule but failed to get them the outdoor seating which was the reason they had wanted to eat there
Promised Scotty he'd get bourbon for his dad and instead got scotch (wtf?!)
Promised he'd get Scotty's mom an autographed photo of the McAllisters (which he covered for by dragging the McAllisters to the dinner where he got all jealous because Mrs. Wandell was fawning over her idols and ignoring him - like duh that wasn't likely to happen!)
Promised Scotty to book them in the W then neglected to get them ANY hotel reservation

Sorry, Kevin was just a mess. Seems to be very unlike the character, but they wrote it that way. Just have no sympathy for him. The new job will undoubtedly give Kevin and Kitty more to bicker about as she'll be probing Kevin for the inside scoop on Robert's office while he gripes about Robert's choices on political issues. (I have to wonder if this wont also involve Kevin having additional encounters with Robert's gay brother Jason who they wrote out last season so Eric Winter could be on the failed Moonlight.)
Didn't Eric Winter leave for that musical Vegas show produced by Hugh Jackman? That lasted only two episodes I think.
Old 10-27-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Yeah he left for Viva Laughlin and then joined Moonlight late last season. I believe he joined Moonlight on the last 4 episodes (post-strike)
Old 10-28-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty's parents deserved Kevin's wrath. Maybe not there but not going to their Son's Wedding and telling them they shouldn't adopt. It's mentalities like that that we do not need....anywhere.
Old 10-28-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Didn't Eric Winter leave for that musical Vegas show produced by Hugh Jackman? That lasted only two episodes I think.
Oops. You're right. How could I have forgotten Viva Laughlin after it only aired two episodes?!?!

Perhaps Eric Winter is the kiss of death.
Old 10-29-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Scotty's parents deserved Kevin's wrath. Maybe not there but not going to their Son's Wedding and telling them they shouldn't adopt. It's mentalities like that that we do not need....anywhere.
Amen! I agree, 100%!