Reload this Page >

Video games for the troops

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-25-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, in discussions with my son who is currently in the USMC serving in Iraq, he indicated that his unit was bored stiff (good news if you ask me) and said he wanted me to buy him a gaming laptop so he could play games. I ordered him a Dell XPS gaming laptop and will pick up a couple of games for him.

Well, this got me to thinking, his mother and I already belong to an organization that sends care packages to these guys (and gals) stationed in the sandbox, these packages typically include snacks and personal hygiene products, they can't go to the store to get this stuff for themselves and it is a pretty cheap way to make their situation better.

I decided to check around and found gamesforsoldiers.org to donate old and new computer/console games to send over there. I will be sending correspondence to the game publishers seeking donations but I need to bring this to the attention to the DVDTalk gamers as well. If you're interested in a cheap way to make someone's life better, let me know, I can put you in touch with the organizers or can handle your donations myself. I send out a couple of boxes a week to various units stationed over there.

Sports games, FPS and RTS games are the most popular, of course, new games are their favorite but even older games for all platforms (yes, they have PS3s and XBox 360s, weird, huh?) are totally appreciated.

Mods, if you need to delete this, I'll understand.

Cheers
Old 10-25-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This was brought up last year. Didn't get much of a response.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...deo-games.html
Old 10-26-08, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would rather they come home and play games here.