DVD Talk
Rock Band: Official Thread of Everyone is Rocking now (sorry, Wii) [Archive] - Page 4 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Rock Band: Official Thread of Everyone is Rocking now (sorry, Wii)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

superfro
11-04-08, 02:20 PM
And finally, fuck Chop Suey.

Seconded. Actually....fuck System Of A Down.

Mad Dawg
11-04-08, 02:22 PM
But on a better note, I guitar gold-starred Jagged Little Pill on site-read yesterday. My very first site-read gold star.

I don't buy it. Take a pic of your Quickplay menu to prove it.

...oh, wait.

The last part is most definitely Sony's fault. However, knowing that there's no reason why Harmonix couldn't allow the players to disable songs from showing up in the menus.

More than anything else that the game is missing, even more than lack of stars, I just don't get why this hasn't been done. Now with two big all or nothing packs right in a row, and the PS3's lack of deletion ability, I just cannot figure out why this hasn't happened.

That's because they had a much better drummer by the time of that live show than they did on the original record.

Better, sure. More diabolical, absolutely. That guy's got the wrist strength of a 14 year old boy.

jdpatri
11-04-08, 02:24 PM
It is all or nothing indeed. It shows up as AC/DC Pack 01. Enjoy having two versions of Let There Be Rock, drummers! And the Live one makes the studio version look like Polly.

Noooooo! It never ends!

pinata242
11-04-08, 02:32 PM
That guy's got the wrist strength of a 14 year old boy.
:whofart:

rabbit77
11-04-08, 02:34 PM
Seconded. Actually....fuck System Of A Down.

Negative.

I get -other- when Chop Suey pops up in score duel.

devilshalo
11-04-08, 02:34 PM
Anyone not installing the 20 pack? I don't exactly enjoy playing songs I don't really give a shit about, especially when they'll come up often in the randomizer.

I know one band from the list and it's not a song I recognize. The Chevelles - Get It On. I'd rather get The Red, but whatever.

pinata242
11-04-08, 02:36 PM
I know one band from the list and it's not a song I recognize. The Chevelles - Get It On. I'd rather get The Red, but whatever.

Hate to burst your bubble...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chevelles

The Chevelles - Get it On
42Bz7qzn8ho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevelle

Chevelle - The Red
5St4AYcBO7o

rabbit77
11-04-08, 02:37 PM
I won't be downloading it. Just don't care about them. And I don't want songs I don't care about also in score duel.

devilshalo
11-04-08, 02:45 PM
Hate to burst your bubble...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chevelles

The Chevelles - Get it On
42Bz7qzn8ho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevelle

Chevelle - The Red
5St4AYcBO7o

Ack.. hmm.. guess I won't bother then.

Michael Corvin
11-04-08, 02:49 PM
More than anything else that the game is missing, even more than lack of stars, I just don't get why this hasn't been done. Now with two big all or nothing packs right in a row, and the PS3's lack of deletion ability, I just cannot figure out why this hasn't happened.

As a disc based game I can see their stand point. They want you to play through the entire game without being able to disable songs. Problem is that with the RB1 export and all these albums and packs, it is inexcusable for a 'platform.'

They could have their cake and eat it too. They could have made the disable function an unlockable for finishing any one of the four career modes. That way they successfully made you play the entire game and now the user gets to play it their way.

Mok
11-04-08, 03:14 PM
I don't get it why did they wait till the day of release to start sorting through e-mails. At this pace we won't get the songs till tomorrow at best.

El Scorcho
11-04-08, 03:23 PM
As a disc based game I can see their stand point. They want you to play through the entire game without being able to disable songs. Problem is that with the RB1 export and all these albums and packs, it is inexcusable for a 'platform.'

They could have their cake and eat it too. They could have made the disable function an unlockable for finishing any one of the four career modes. That way they successfully made you play the entire game and now the user gets to play it their way.

I can see the argument behind not disabling songs that are on-disc songs for the reasons you state but disallowing the disabling of songs that you chose to add-on is just plain silly.

Furthermore, it's going to severely deter me from buying DLCs with nightmare levels that I would otherwise buy because the last thing I want to do is add more songs that will ruin a 9-song setlist at the end.

For example, I like having Snow DLC in that I enjoy the song and I enjoy playing drums on it. But I never would have come close to purchasing it had I known that in RB2 I'd have no way to turn the thing off for mystery setlist selection.

lordwow
11-04-08, 03:27 PM
I'm in 100% agreement with Corvin on this. After you beat the Endless setlist on an instrument you should be able to disable songs on random play or mystery setlists or whatever.

Arthur Dent
11-04-08, 03:38 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was a bit surprised when I got Rock Band 2 (for PS3) and received a guitar with the same body as the RB1 guitar. I have the redesigned neck, but I thought the body now had a different look to it, too! Mine, however, is just black and white. What happened here?

superfro
11-04-08, 03:51 PM
Negative.

I get -other- when Chop Suey pops up in score duel.

Note to self - if playing score duel against rabbit77 and Chop Suey pops up, disconnect. :lol:

I don't need to be standing there playing against a guy with a boner. :lol:

rabbit77
11-04-08, 04:30 PM
My youtube video of Chop Suey FC:

-Mod note: video removed. Rabbit77, that's just not right.

Liver&Onions
11-04-08, 04:38 PM
My youtube video of Chop Suey FC:

-Mod note: video removed. Rabbit77, that's just not right.

lol - damn, I wish I had seen that before the other mod did.

SexualPudding
11-04-08, 04:40 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I was a bit surprised when I got Rock Band 2 (for PS3) and received a guitar with the same body as the RB1 guitar. I have the redesigned neck, but I thought the body now had a different look to it, too! Mine, however, is just black and white. What happened here?

Did you buy the full band kit or just the guitar+game? They've been using old RB1 guitar bodies for the band bundles, I believe. There was a big uproar about it on the official RB forums a couple weeks ago or so.

flashburn
11-04-08, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone:

The codes for the 20 free DLC on Microsoft will begin to go out this evening for redemption. Due to the volume of emails being sent, these will roll out over a 24 hour period. We appreciate your patience!

Thanks,

Harmonix.

Oh wells, I guess I won't be playing the songs till tomorrow.

Mad Dawg
11-04-08, 04:59 PM
I just put my code into the website today, so back to AC/DC and Presidents! And hopefully I'll see some YouTubes before the email hits.

Arthur Dent
11-04-08, 05:10 PM
Did you buy the full band kit or just the guitar+game? They've been using old RB1 guitar bodies for the band bundles, I believe. There was a big uproar about it on the official RB forums a couple weeks ago or so.

I purchased the full band kit. That's pretty shitty, I must say.

pinata242
11-04-08, 05:16 PM
http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62948&v=rbs2_game_wii

Wii stand-alone & bundle listed as shipping January 5th, 2009 on RockBandStore.com...

vwbeetlvr
11-04-08, 05:39 PM
http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62948&v=rbs2_game_wii

Wii stand-alone & bundle listed as shipping January 5th, 2009 on RockBandStore.com...

as much as I hate wate the wii stands for and all that jazz they are really dropping the ball here. Why release this 11 days after christmas???

SexualPudding
11-04-08, 05:49 PM
I purchased the full band kit. That's pretty shitty, I must say.

I would've been a bit pissed too, but it supposedly does show the black guitar w/ white pickguard on the back of the boxes on the bundles. Also, it's just the "shell" that is old, per se. The components, including strum bar and frets and what not, are all of the new variety. If you were looking forward to the sunburst color, I understand you being upset. I bought the RB2 guitar separately (which was the sunburst color), and it does look really nice in person.

achau9598
11-04-08, 06:33 PM
ok .. I'm lost .. where do I enter the code for the 20 songs?

Mok
11-04-08, 06:35 PM
ok .. I'm lost .. where do I enter the code for the 20 songs?

The web address should be on the back of the manual with the code.

Michael Corvin
11-04-08, 06:37 PM

I would've been a bit pissed too, but it supposedly does show the black guitar w/ white pickguard on the back of the boxes on the bundles.

We got fucked is what happened and when addressed on the rockband forums the corporate response was little more than 'fuck you it's the same guitar.'

Now, YES the box shows the black guitar on the back, but if you browse this past Sunday's ads, BB, CC, Target, Meijer, Kmart & Wal-Mart all have the RB2 bundle and every fucking one of them show the sunburst guitar. It is total bullshit even if it is just cosmetic. What has been promoted for the past six months in regards to the game and even in advertised in the weekly store ads is not what I bought for my $200. Why should I have expected something else in the box enough to warrant pouring over the box?

They knew full well what they were doing so they might have had the balls to own up to it before release. Shit, it's not like they box 'em up the night before release. A little:
hey gang, the bundle is going to have a black strat & not the sunburst. So if you want the sunburst you need to buy the stand alone guitar. -the HMX team
That took all of about five seconds to type up. Real complex stuff right there.

Oh, and if it takes a day to send out emails for the 20 free songs :rolleyes:, then why the hell didn't they start emailing yesterday? It's not like they didn't have the past six weeks to figure this out.

SexualPudding
11-04-08, 06:41 PM
Did you see in the Wal-Mart ad how they showed the RB2 drums with the rest of the GH:World Tour bundle? I got a chuckle out of that.

Arthur Dent
11-04-08, 07:37 PM
I would've been a bit pissed too, but it supposedly does show the black guitar w/ white pickguard on the back of the boxes on the bundles. Also, it's just the "shell" that is old, per se. The components, including strum bar and frets and what not, are all of the new variety. If you were looking forward to the sunburst color, I understand you being upset. I bought the RB2 guitar separately (which was the sunburst color), and it does look really nice in person.

I'm not really PISSED, but I'm disappointed. Oh well, my enjoyment of the game won't be hampered at all.

bunkaroo
11-04-08, 08:00 PM
I'm so glad it wasn't the sunburst in the PS3 bundle - I've hated that look as long as I've been playing.

Big surprise - 5 of 8 instruments are black.

argh923
11-05-08, 03:29 AM
What does "sight-read" mean?

argh923
11-05-08, 03:33 AM
Also, has anyone gotten the code for the free 20 yet? I haven't entered at the website yet...figured I'd wait until people started getting theirs.

flashburn
11-05-08, 06:23 AM
A sight-read just means it is someones first time playing the song.

I don't think anyone has gotten their code yet, at least I haven't seen anyone on any forum say they have.

Mok
11-05-08, 08:11 AM
no codes yet and the Rockband Forums are on fire.

aktick
11-05-08, 09:00 AM
Oh, and if it takes a day to send out emails for the 20 free songs :rolleyes:, then why the hell didn't they start emailing yesterday? It's not like they didn't have the past six weeks to figure this out.

Seriously. This company seems to be run by a bunch of children. Brilliant, but irresponsible, children.

dsa_shea
11-05-08, 09:35 AM
They should have just made the codes the redeem codes in the first place. It is stupid to have to take one code and log online line and input it just to have to wait for someone else to send you another code. This is worse than some Burger King promotion. At least with those you find out the results immediately.

pinata242
11-05-08, 09:42 AM
It's probably a little more complicated than that.

Microsoft and Sony create and distribute the codes for content from the MP/PSN. EA/HMX would have to wait to print the manuals and create the retail packages until those codes were secured.

For all we know, that's impossible until there's actual content on the MP/PSN to apply them to. And I believe this 20-pack wasn't ready by then.

So EA/HMX create their own registration process using their own keys on their own schedule. Ultimately we're all subject to MS/Sony's schedule.

Shagrath
11-05-08, 09:57 AM
I'm also pretty miffed that the codes haven't been emailed yet. I was waiting to input my code until pretty late in the game, due to hiccups in other "code" promotions like the Best Buy Disturbed one. I didn't input mine until Nov. 2nd, so I'm probably near the bottom of the list and probably won't end up getting my code until the weekend at the rate things are going.

On a brighter note, new DLC will be announced in a couple of days. With four announced albums left to be released by the end of the year, I'm thinking we might get one next week. Teasdale has already confirmed in an interview that the Foo album will be next on the plate. I'll have to give the full album a listen, but I know I'll enjoy playing the singles a lot.

pinata242
11-05-08, 10:01 AM
With 43 songs released this week, I just can't see them doing an album next week. Especially if we assume it'll be an 18-track Foo Fighters album.

Admittedly they're running out of time to get them out and it isn't like the 43 we just got* cost very much.

* Disclaimer: As of this writing the count is really only 23 non-free tracks.

mdc3000
11-05-08, 10:24 AM
The Foo Fighters record only has 12 tracks (13 but one of them is Everlong)... I'm crossing my fingers and praying that we see that one in the next two weeks.... I really really really need to play that. NEW WAY HOME!

Rob V
11-05-08, 10:34 AM
I freakin love the Foo Fighters! Bring it on.

pinata242
11-05-08, 10:43 AM
The Foo Fighters record only has 12 tracks (13 but one of them is Everlong)... I'm crossing my fingers and praying that we see that one in the next two weeks.... I really really really need to play that. NEW WAY HOME!

Ah, I guess I have the 10th Anniversary with 6 bonus tracks. Guess that means no chance of Baker Street? :(

Michael Corvin
11-05-08, 11:09 AM
:banana: Just sold my AC/DC for $25 on ebay.

The Bus
11-05-08, 01:49 PM
Hmm, now I'm thinking of picking up the AC/DC disc if I can sell it for $20-$25.

The Bus
11-05-08, 01:51 PM
:dance: I just realized I have a $10 gift card from Wal-Mart from a misprice for Condemned 2. :dance:

pinata242
11-05-08, 02:33 PM
We have hit an unexpected delay with getting the content online with Microsoft and are working diligently with them to get that resolved. We have suspended sending out the token codes until the content becomes available. Sending out the codes before the content is live will just result in more confusion. We hope to have this resolved in the next 24 hours and apologize profusely for the delay.

We're also working with Sony to get the content up on PS3 and the codes out. More on that as information becomes available.

Again, we apologize for the delay and are working our butts off to get the content out to you.

jdpatri! Looks like a possible Locksley Part 2 for you! Congrats!

Kelkee
11-05-08, 03:03 PM
Well dont you just love the carefree attitudes of modern business practices?

I just see some Jeff Spicoli clone typing that blurb up in some smoke enduced haze...

"Oh maaan we forgot to send out the emails! Duuude! Its like we're totally sorry, duuudes!"

pinata242
11-05-08, 03:04 PM
Read between the lines there. It sounds exactly like what I hypothesized on post 787 up above.

Mok
11-05-08, 03:06 PM
Yeah you know how Microsoft hates giving anything away for free when it comes to dlc.

Kelkee
11-05-08, 03:35 PM
Read between the lines there. It sounds exactly like what I hypothesized on post 787 up above.

Yea but this should have been planned to go live weeks ago and any kinks worked ahead of time. Its just looks sloppy and unorganized.

thelwig14
11-05-08, 03:38 PM
Along the lines of the Rush fiasco, I just feel bad for people that care about the 20 DLC.

I am indifferent...but if this type of thing would have happened to Boston, AC/DC, The Who, A7X, etc...I would be furious.

UncleGramps
11-05-08, 03:51 PM
Yeah, HMX and MS had plenty of time to prepare for this. As one of the few people who was looking forward to most of the 20 tracks, this is pretty lame.

Michael Corvin
11-05-08, 03:56 PM
What I find ironic is the incessant bitching the pack received when announced, decrying the tracklist, yet everyone is getting hyper over the postponed release. People bitching about shit they don't want. Gotta love it.

aktick
11-05-08, 04:03 PM
What I find ironic is the incessant bitching the pack received when announced, decrying the tracklist, yet everyone is getting hyper over the postponed release. People bitching about shit they don't want. Gotta love it.

But the customer's always right, duh.

dsa_shea
11-05-08, 04:05 PM
But the customer's always right, duh.

And we've already paid for this promise so they need to move their asses or give me some of my mother f***ing money back..

Shagrath
11-05-08, 04:08 PM
Personally, I am pretty excited for over half of the tracks.

Obviously, my tastes differ from a lot of the general population, but I think there's gonna be some good/fun stuff in there.

aktick
11-05-08, 05:14 PM
:banana: Just sold my AC/DC for $25 on ebay.

Put mine up after I read that, with a Buy It Now price of $24.99, just sold it. :up: Did yours get auctioned or via Buy It Now?

I included shipping in my price, so after eBay, shipping, and PayPal, it will maybe have cost me $22 or so net. Damn good price for 18 better than expected songs.

superfro
11-05-08, 05:48 PM
And we've already paid for this promise so they need to move their asses or give me some of my mother f***ing money back..

Give you money back for what? They're free. Did you not value the game you got with the included 84 tracks @ $60? That's what you bought.

I'm excited to play the new tracks too, but I guess I can get by with what I have for the time being. (Considering I have a ton of other tracks I can play.)

Draven
11-05-08, 06:37 PM

As far as I'm concerned, they can hold them as long as they like. :)

I might have to break down and get the AC/DC disc...just to get some decent DLC in my game again.

Michael Corvin
11-05-08, 08:41 PM
Put mine up after I read that, with a Buy It Now price of $24.99, just sold it. :up: Did yours get auctioned or via Buy It Now?

I included shipping in my price, so after eBay, shipping, and PayPal, it will maybe have cost me $22 or so net. Damn good price for 18 better than expected songs.

BIN and included shipping myself. So after tax on it originally and the free shipping it looks to be about $20 for the 18 tracks. Not bad at all.

dsa_shea
11-05-08, 09:25 PM
Give you money back for what? They're free. Did you not value the game you got with the included 84 tracks @ $60? That's what you bought.

I'm excited to play the new tracks too, but I guess I can get by with what I have for the time being. (Considering I have a ton of other tracks I can play.)

It's not that I would want my money back but would rather hope to be able to rely on a company to be able to deliver what was promised to be part of the deal. They should have had this ready to go before they even released the disc retail and not make the consumers jump through hoops to get the content. They make great games but sure do not steer their ship very well.

Shagrath
11-05-08, 09:40 PM
It's not that I would want my money back but would rather hope to be able to rely on a company to be able to deliver what was promised to be part of the deal. They should have had this ready to go before they even released the disc retail and not make the consumers jump through hoops to get the content. They make great games but sure do not steer their ship very well.
The problem was that they didn't have these songs ready to go before they went gold. The only way to release them for free is through DLC at a later time.

They couldn't put MS or PSN codes on the manual because MS & Sony more than likely require the content to be available when the code is licensed. Otherwise, people would've been entering their codes every day for the past two months and getting pissed that they didn't work.

I wish that they had been a little more forward thinking, but this is a pretty new concept (giving out later DLC for free with purchase) and differs from things like COD, which usually releases a new version of the game with a map pack on disc, or sometimes a code for them. The difference is that that content is already available when the discs are pressed.

GuessWho
11-05-08, 09:57 PM
Why have a code at all? Just throw it up on the system and have a free/open download. Somehow lock it for RB2 only; not RB1. Then, only people with the game can play it anyway yet there's no code or e-mail BS.

RichC2
11-05-08, 10:03 PM
Why have a code at all? Just throw it up on the system and have a free/open download. Somehow lock it for RB2 only; not RB1. Then, only people with the game can play it anyway yet there's no code or e-mail BS.

Used copies.

GuessWho
11-05-08, 10:27 PM
If someone's playing the used copy, then the first owner isn't playing it either since you need the disc to run the game itself. So there's still only 1 user per disc at a time.

shumway
11-05-08, 10:55 PM
If someone's playing the used copy, then the first owner isn't playing it either since you need the disc to run the game itself. So there's still only 1 user per disc at a time.

Rental copies as well. Think how many people could rent the same copy of RB2.

Bigcron
11-05-08, 11:04 PM

But the point is to encourage that new copy sale, and reduce the used market for the game, of which the game-makers see little revenue from.

superfro
11-06-08, 01:56 AM

I hear where you're coming from, but I guess I look at the fact that minus a few hiccups that I can count on one hand, they've been doing DLC every week for almost a year now. I think I can cut them more than a little slack every now and then if things don't happen to go as smoothly as they are planned.

In other news....I rented a copy of AC/DC RB tonight, and have absolutely no desire to ever have these songs on my HD. (Even though the thought of being able to have them for all of $3 is still pretty awesome, but I know others would appreciate it a lot more than me.) I tested the code on the back of the manual, and it's still valid, but I didn't download the songs. Does anyone know if the code would still be valid as long as I didn't actually download? If so, I'd be more than happy to give it to someone here if they want it. First come first serve. (If it doesn't work, I guess you're still not out anything for giving it a shot at least.)

EDIT - The code has been given out.

Kijdhefgi
11-06-08, 02:26 AM
My bandmate showed up last week and I haven't gotten around to taking better pics than this. I look at it and it's so awesome that I want to eat it and sew my ass shut

http://i33.tinypic.com/jb3ivp.jpg

It's grainy when you get close to it, and the skin color's a bit off, but there's some fantastic detail in it. It's got my finger ring (Talonted) and the robot face on the crotch that says "your clothes, give them to me" to the ladies. It's not gonna be for everyone at $80 since it doesn't do anything, but it's a figure of your character! I wanna build a shelf with a combination of the new Rock Band 2 venues and place him on a bomber on a castle in a cage surrounded by functioning Tesla coils, with a mini-Stage Kit providing lights and fog and strobes.

I'm thinking of getting my drummer made as a Christmas present since he's got some pretty sweet cape art and a tattooed-on monocle (images from RB1 as I haven't made the cape art in 2 yet and the monocle is a little awkward) http://i27.tinypic.com/f494g.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/aloql2.jpg

The problem with getting him is that the drummer bandmates don't have full drumkits to play on, so I'd need to craft my own scale model drumkit, but even then the bandmate is standing so it's weirding me out. Maybe I'll just give my Big Daddy figure some sticks and have him play drums...

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 07:36 AM
I tested the code on the back of the manual, and it's still valid, but I didn't download the songs. Does anyone know if the code would still be valid as long as I didn't actually download? If so, I'd be more than happy to give it to someone here if they want it. First come first serve. (If it doesn't work, I guess you're still not out anything for giving it a shot at least.)

I think by inputting it you activated it, but if you still have it, I'd love to hook my brother up. PM me if you don't mind.

Rob V
11-06-08, 08:28 AM
Got my ION drums last night. I hope to have them setup and trialed this weekend. The best part... I paid only $220!

redbill
11-06-08, 08:34 AM
The problem was that they didn't have these songs ready to go before they went gold. The only way to release them for free is through DLC at a later time.

I don't believe this is true. 20 more bonus songs on the disc would have upset alot of people. Especially, since there's no difference between the bonus and "regular" songs in RB2 like there was in RB1.

superfro
11-06-08, 09:32 AM
I think by inputting it you activated it, but if you still have it, I'd love to hook my brother up. PM me if you don't mind.

Yeah...I'm sure you're right. I'm a tard. Either way, I guess it won't hurt to give it a shot.

Mok
11-06-08, 09:57 AM
Well if this problem with the 20 free songs is really Microsofts fault. Then PS3 users should receive there codes today, since HMX never said anything about a problem with Sony.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 10:42 AM
http://www.edge-online.com/news/viacom-pays-ex-harmonix-owners-150m
This week, Viacom reported a $150 million earn-out paid to former shareholders in Rock Band maker Harmonix following strong performance of the franchise.

Looks like a little more money going into some HMX pockets!

Also, 17 million copies shipped worldwide. Not too bad!

Shagrath
11-06-08, 10:48 AM
I don't believe this is true. 20 more bonus songs on the disc would have upset alot of people. Especially, since there's no difference between the bonus and "regular" songs in RB2 like there was in RB1.

And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.html

pinata242
11-06-08, 10:51 AM
But those 20 tracks aren't on the PS3 version that shipped over a month later.

Not ready by then?

They won't be on the Wii version that isn't shipping until 2009 and hasn't even gone gold yet.

They were never intended for the disc and rightfully so. They would have diluted the appeal for the mass market.

Mok
11-06-08, 11:02 AM
I think if they had put those 20 songs on the PS3 disc, it would have pissed off a lot of 360 users.

pinata242
11-06-08, 11:05 AM
I think if they had put those 20 songs on the PS3 disc, it would have pissed off a lot of 360 users.

I don't know about that. At least the 360 owners would have a way to avoid those 20 and the PS3 folks wouldn't.

But it certainly wouldn't help with fighting the used market as is a widely-assumed reason for the code in the first place.

redbill
11-06-08, 11:10 AM
do you believe everything they say?

No way they would put 30 songs on the disc that 90% of the users have never heard of, and hate without anyway to not play them in random sets.

lordwow
11-06-08, 11:15 AM
I am so disappointed in Harmonix... how am I supposed to play these songs I've never heard and don't care about?

Shagrath
11-06-08, 11:47 AM
No way they would put 30 songs on the disc that 90% of the users have never heard of, and hate without anyway to not play them in random sets.
I just wanted to put out there that that was their written statement as to why the songs weren't on the disc.

There are a number of songs in both RB and GH that I could do without. However, I can look a song from each instrument and find at least one that is enjoyable to me, more than likely. Some people play these games to play the songs that they like/know. Others, like myself, like to play pretty much anything and get introduced to new songs/bands/genres that we may not have searched for on our own.

I'm sad that the "axe a specific song from random setlists" feature got taken out. Although I would never use it, it would definitely cut down on the whining. I hear so many complaints of "Man, I got Snow in my random setlist and had to quit out!" or "Every fucking set's got some Megadeth song in it!" (which happens to me quite often). But you know what? I suck it up and get through the fucking song.

chuckd21
11-06-08, 11:49 AM
There are a number of songs in both RB and GH that I could do without. However, I can look a song from each instrument and find at least one that is enjoyable to me, more than likely. Some people play these games to play the songs that they like/know. Others, like myself, like to play pretty much anything and get introduced to new songs/bands/genres that we may not have searched for on our own.

I'm sad that the "axe a specific song from random setlists" feature got taken out. Although I would never use it, it would definitely cut down on the whining. I hear so many complaints of "Man, I got Snow in my random setlist and had to quit out!" or "Every fucking set's got some Megadeth song in it!" (which happens to me quite often). But you know what? I suck it up and get through the fucking song.

This.

People take their fun way too seriously.

pinata242
11-06-08, 11:50 AM
People put too much serious into their fun.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:00 PM
I put just the right amount of serious into my fun.

I don't really go for maximum scores (although I do strive for 5-stars). Therefore, I don't spend a lot of time examining charts for optimal overdrive paths or anything. I just try to do the best I can on the song and take what I get.

I stand while playing, I tilt the guitar instead of using select, I headbang. These are all ways of having fun and getting into the music. Complaining is not.

redbill
11-06-08, 12:07 PM
exactly, so instead of complaining about getting 20 songs I don't like in my random setlists, I'm not downloading them. I'd like to try them, but not at the expense of watering down my set list.

The mystery setlist is an issue though. I can beat probably 97% of my songs on expert guitar, but those 5% are an issue if they come up in a setlist. I feel like every set is GGaHT roulette. Same thing with Snow, it sounds like a fun song, but I doubt I could beat it on expert, so I'm not gonna buy it.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:09 PM
There's a reason they're called "Random Setlist". It's because you don't know what you're gonna get. You take that chance when you enter into any of those, and if you can't comfortably beat every single song on that instrument, you might think about dropping it down a difficulty, or struggling hoping to beat one of those 3 songs that gives you trouble.

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 12:10 PM
But you know what? I suck it up and get through the fucking song.

If you play these games for fun a lot of people would consider that not being fun.

redbill
11-06-08, 12:16 PM
There's a reason they're called "Random Setlist". It's because you don't know what you're gonna get. You take that chance when you enter into any of those, and if you can't comfortably beat every single song on that instrument, you might think about dropping it down a difficulty, or struggling hoping to beat one of those 3 songs that gives you trouble.

I play for fun. struggling for 3 months to beat snow or GGaHT isn't fun for me. Neither is playing songs on hard. So, I don't download (and pay) for songs I don't like. and I have to quit a random setlist if I get 1 of the 3-4 songs I can't beat. They'd get more money out of me if I could turn off songs, because I'd buy the harder songs...

FusionX
11-06-08, 12:19 PM
I love random setlists, even if they're hard songs. Makes it feel more like a live showdown or the like. I have never heard of most of the 20 free songs, but I do want to play them and find out how the charts are, before I decide to complain. Most of the songs that are the most fun for me to play are ones I wouldn't listen to under normal circumstances. But in a party situation, I do agree the familiar ones are more popular.

redbill
11-06-08, 12:24 PM
I am very happy to announce here (before anywhere else) that next week's DLC offering will be the Foo Fighter's The Colour and the Shape album (one of my favorites). With “Everlong” already featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack, the DLC album will include the following tracks:

1. "Doll"
2. "Monkey Wrench"
3. "Hey, Johnny Park!"
4. "My Poor Brain”
5. "Wind Up"
6. "Up in Arms"
7. "My Hero"
8. "See You”
9. "Enough Space"
10. "February Stars”
11. "Walking After You”
12. “New Way Home”

The Colour and the Shape will be available for download starting November 11, 2008, for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and November 13, 2008, for the PS3. Pricing will be $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points) for the album, or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. All tracks are masters.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:28 PM
I play for fun. struggling for 3 months to beat snow or GGaHT isn't fun for me. Neither is playing songs on hard. So, I don't download (and pay) for songs I don't like. and I have to quit a random setlist if I get 1 of the 3-4 songs I can't beat. They'd get more money out of me if I could turn off songs, because I'd buy the harder songs...
So if you had the ability to turn off songs, you'd buy harder songs because you want to buy them and not play them? Or are you saying that Snow is awesome on vocals (which is true), but fuck-hard on guitar? And therefore you wouldn't mind it showing up on a vocals Random Setlist, but fear the guitar one?

Out of the 300+ songs I've got, there are just a couple I can't beat on guitar. Do I "fear" them showing up in Randoms? Maybe subconsciously, but I would at least give them a couple shots before giving in. And I'd have fun doing it! Seeing if I could make it further than before or whatnot. Even getting 1% further in a song is a small accomplishment, and can make you happy, even if it is only a split second later when you fail.

thelwig14
There are a lot of slow songs on this album so I will wait for the charts, but I will definitely get 4 for sure.

discostu1337
hmm, Ill grab 2 of those songs for sure.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:29 PM
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape
Source?

And oh yeah.. I CALLED IT! :)

xmiyux
11-06-08, 12:31 PM
Cool for those who are into them. I will have to listen to the youtubes since i don't remember many of those titles.

One more album down brings me a little bit closer to Nothings Shocking. :D

rabbit77
11-06-08, 12:35 PM
Monkey Wrench and My Hero for me. It'll be my first double dip in these types of games.

Draven
11-06-08, 12:38 PM

Good lord. What fun is there in playing through crappy songs?

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 12:38 PM
Source?

You can't be fucking serious. -ohbfrank-

Edit to add - I'd trust redbill a little more seeing as he's at least in the same state as HMX....unlike Florida! ;)

Copper Blue
11-06-08, 12:45 PM
Question: I've just started playing Rock Band. I'm using my GHIII LP Guitar. I find it almost impossible to activate overdrive by tilting the guitar. On GHIII, I just give it a little nudge up and star power kicks in, but on RB it seems I need to lurch and jerk and practically dislocate my shoulder to activate it. Does anyone have this problem? Is there a nuanced difference in how GHIII and RB activates this?

pinata242
11-06-08, 12:46 PM
Or the fact that redbill merely re-posted what hmxsean did over at the official RB forums.

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 12:47 PM
Or the fact that redbill merely re-posted what hmxsean did over at the official RB forums.

:lol: even better.

I just love that Shag was asking for a source when he refuses to comply with the same requests.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:51 PM
Good lord. What fun is there in playing through crappy songs?
If they're crappy, why do you have them?

*This does not account for stuff on disc that some people may have not learned to love yet (ie, Visions and Welcome to the Neighborhood).

Shagrath
11-06-08, 12:53 PM
I didn't think to check RockBand.com because it's Thursday. Most of the time, people will post the announcement in quotes with where they got it from. I thought that maybe there was a PR on IGN or GameSpot or something, perhaps, and didn't want to dig for it.

pinata242
11-06-08, 12:55 PM
Monkey Wrench and My Hero will be purchased. I think I'll be passing on the rest.

devilshalo
11-06-08, 12:56 PM
monkey wrench and my hero for me.

+1

rabbit77
11-06-08, 12:56 PM
Question: I've just started playing Rock Band. I'm using my GHIII LP Guitar. I find it almost impossible to activate overdrive by tilting the guitar. On GHIII, I just give it a little nudge up and star power kicks in, but on RB it seems I need to lurch and jerk and practically dislocate my shoulder to activate it. Does anyone have this problem? Is there a nuanced difference in how GHIII and RB activates this?

I've noticed that, too since I'm almost LP exclusive. In GH, if I'm in a pre-tilt position, the star power automatically kicks in, whereas in RB, the same position doesn't. I have to bring the neck parallel to the floor and then back up to activate overdrive.

I just use hit the back button with my pinky. It's less fun, but more accurate.

Mad Dawg
11-06-08, 01:01 PM
Full FF album purchase for me. This one is the one I was most looking forward to (along with SRV).

UncleGramps
11-06-08, 01:03 PM
If they're crappy, why do you have them?

*This does not account for stuff on disc that some people may have not learned to love yet (ie, Visions and Welcome to the Neighborhood).
You could wait 100 years and that still wouldn't be enough time for me to "learn to love" Visions. Different strokes for different folks...

UncleGramps
11-06-08, 01:06 PM
Full FF album purchase for me.
Same here. It's an excellent album in my opinion - not a bad song on there - and it's probably the only album out of the six that were announced a while back where I'll be getting the entire thing. I'm getting at least a few tracks from each of the six, but this is the only one where I feel compelled to get the complete album. :rock2:

pinata242
11-06-08, 01:08 PM
No Doubt is the only one I considered getting the whole thing. And that'll probably be due to the discount bringing it close to what I would have spent individually anyway.

devilshalo
11-06-08, 01:20 PM
So if you had the ability to turn off songs, you'd buy harder songs because you want to buy them and not play them? Or are you saying that Snow is awesome on vocals (which is true), but fuck-hard on guitar? And therefore you wouldn't mind it showing up on a vocals Random Setlist, but fear the guitar one?
Hey, if it's a party and it's a popular song that's played on the radio often and people enjoy it, then I don't mind it showing up and activating No Fail. But to go thru your Tour and have it pop up sorta sucks. If anything blame the achievement part of the game. I'm almost done with completing every venue's sets, but guess which ones I have avoided because I know some shit like Battery or Painkiller will undoubtedly show up to slap my ass down to Hard when I can Expert the other songs they throw at me. Sorry if some of use aren't as skilled as you.

superfro
11-06-08, 01:20 PM
The Colour and the Shape will be available for download starting November 11, 2008, for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and November 13, 2008, for the PS3. Pricing will be $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points) for the album, or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track. All tracks are masters.

Fuck yes. The Colour and the Shape is one of my all time favorite albums. It's pretty much an unbelievable dream for me to get it in the game, and it's awesome that it's finally here.

I'm pretty sure I'll be hit by a bus or some such this weekend.

redbill
11-06-08, 01:27 PM

actually, I found the LP much more sensitive than the Strat for overdrive. I can't rock out as much with the LP for fear of setting it off.

mdc3000
11-06-08, 01:30 PM
There are a lot of slow songs on this album so I will wait for the charts, but I will definitely get 4 for sure.

4 out of 13 songs that are 'slow' isn't a lot IMO (doll, my hero, february stars, walking after you). I'm buying the whole album for sure (if I were to skip any tracks, it'd be Walking After You...but since it's pretty much free at the whole album price, I'm getting the whole thing)...glad it's coming... figures since I'm having a huge rock band party THIS weekend and this will be out just after - me and most of my friends are pretty big Foo fans (me especially).

Anyone just getting Monkey Wrench and My Hero - seriously check out samples of Hey Johnny Park, My Poor Brain and New Way Home - all are pretty kick ass IMO.

redbill
11-06-08, 01:31 PM

OR . . . MAYBE I'm from the same same state as HMX . . . maybe I WASN'T quoting anyone but myself...!

or maybe, I'm too lazy to use the quote tags if I'm not replying to an existing post...

superfro
11-06-08, 01:34 PM
Anyone just getting Monkey Wrench and My Hero - seriously check out samples of Hey Johnny Park, My Poor Brain and New Way Home - all are pretty kick ass IMO.

The final 60-90 seconds of New Way Home is going to make me break my goddamn drum kit. It's gonna be awesome.

thelwig14
11-06-08, 01:50 PM
4 out of 13 songs that are 'slow' isn't a lot IMO (doll, my hero, february stars, walking after you). I'm buying the whole album for sure (if I were to skip any tracks, it'd be Walking After You...but since it's pretty much free at the whole album price, I'm getting the whole thing)...glad it's coming... figures since I'm having a huge rock band party THIS weekend and this will be out just after - me and most of my friends are pretty big Foo fans (me especially).

1/3 of a Rock album to be slow is a lot to me.

I am just going to wait for the charts and check out the undecided one for me.

Mok
11-06-08, 02:15 PM
Anybody still watching Hal Sparks makes a special guest appearance.

<div style="margin:0; background-color:#212121; width:423px;"> <embed src="http://www.vh1.com/video/player/videos/player/embed/" width="423" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="CONFIG_URL=http://www.vh1.com/video/player/videos/player/embed/configuration.jhtml%3Fid%3D1597080%26vid%3D315303%26allowFullScreen%3Dtrue" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" base="." allowScriptAccess="always" ></embed> <div style="background-color:#4D4D4D; margin:0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 2px 0; width:423px; text-align:center; overflow:auto; min-width:423px; color:#FDEF35;"> <ul style="margin:0; padding:0; list-style:none; line-height: 12px;"> <li style="margin:0px 4px 0px 0px; display:inline;"> <a style="padding:0px 4px 0px 10px; font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:10px; color:#FDEF35; text-decoration:none;" href="http://www.vh1.com/shows/ " ***********="this.style.textDecoration='underline'" **********="this.style.textDecoration='none'" target="_blank">VH1 TV Shows</a> </li> <li style="margin:0px 4px 0px 0px; display:inline;"> <a style="padding:0px 4px 0px 10px; font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; color:#FDEF35; font-size:10px; text-decoration:none;" href="http://www.vh1.com/video/music.jhtml" ***********="this.style.textDecoration='underline'" **********="this.style.textDecoration='none'" target="_blank">Music Videos </a> </li> <li style="margin:0px 4px 0px 0px; display:inline;"> <a style="padding:0px 4px 0px 10px; font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; color:#FDEF35; font-size:10px; text-decoration:none;" href="http://www.vh1.com/photos/ " ***********="this.style.textDecoration='underline'" **********="this.style.textDecoration='none'" target="_blank">Celebrity Photos</a> </li> <li style="margin:0px 4px 0px 0px; display: inline;"> <a style="padding:0px 4px 0px 10px; font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-weight:bold; color:#FDEF35; font-size:10px; text-decoration: none;" href="http://www.vh1.com/news/" ***********="this.style.textDecoration='underline'" **********="this.style.textDecoration='none'" target="_blank">News &amp; Gossip</a> </li> </ul> </div> </div>

clintilona
11-06-08, 02:21 PM
Anyone know if the guitar charts will be nonstop chords like Everlong (RB2) & Monkey Wrench (GH2)? Playing either of those bores me to tears. Any songs have decent solos? Possibly fun HO/PO sections?

I am not interested in singing or drumming any of the songs, so a decent guitar chart would be the only reason for me to download.

chuckd21
11-06-08, 02:27 PM
Oh, what has Hal Sparks done to his head...

shumway
11-06-08, 02:32 PM
Anyone know if the guitar charts will be nonstop chords like Everlong (RB2) & Monkey Wrench (GH2)? Playing either of those bores me to tears. Any songs have decent solos? Possibly fun HO/PO sections?

I am not interested in singing or drumming any of the songs, so a decent guitar chart would be the only reason for me to download.

Have you already broken your buying all DLC anyway streak now?

clintilona
11-06-08, 02:46 PM
Have you already broken your buying all DLC anyway streak now?

Yep. Last thing I bought was the Nevermind pack. I never intended to kill the streak, but that Siouxsie and the Banshees pack changed everything. I am now trying to be selective in my DLC.

I'm sure it has alot to do with all the new stuff that came out recently (GH:WT, ACDC). I've been pretty busy playing through all of those. I may go back and download everything I miised once I've got my fill on all that and am looking for something new to play. I do want to pick up the Hinder & Fallout Boy songs from this week...Those look kinda fun and they're only $1 each.

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 02:53 PM
A Thursday announcement can only mean one thing... gotta keep peoples' minds off the 20 pack. :lol:

Mok
11-06-08, 03:10 PM
A Thursday announcement can only mean one thing... gotta keep peoples' minds off the 20 pack. :lol:

Yeah that's what I figured Damage Control. ;)

pinata242
11-06-08, 03:38 PM
Hey everybody,

This is just an alert to let you know that as of this posting our email machine is cranking overtime shooting codes for BOTH PS3 and Xbox 360 for the 20 free DLC to your inbox. I imagine this will take a few hours given the number of emails needing to be sent but in the mean time check your email client (including your junk mail folder just in case your client is a jerk and thinks we're selling you cheap pharmaceuticals, dates with Russian ladies, or ways to get rich quick off of our super-great Nigerian Prince money-gold).

Enjoy,
Sean

Source: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97887

pinata242
11-06-08, 03:46 PM
Just got my email :)

shumway
11-06-08, 03:52 PM
Guess I'll submit my code tonight when I get home!

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 03:53 PM
Guess I'll submit my code tonight when I get home!

Ditto!

vwbeetlvr
11-06-08, 03:58 PM
Just got my email :)

me too at the same time. 3:46 eastern.

i wonder what song i should play to be number 1 on the leaderboards for once in my life???? lol

superfro
11-06-08, 04:06 PM
My email arrived safe and sound as well.

Fantastic! Finally we can get back to everyone crying about the list being a bunch of "unknown shitty bands".

Larry C.
11-06-08, 04:07 PM
Just got my code!!!!

Arthur Dent
11-06-08, 04:15 PM
Just got my code!!!!

Got mine at 3:48 pm (PS3).

Mok
11-06-08, 04:15 PM
Got mine can't wait to get home and download.

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 04:19 PM
Well you guys suck. :lol: No code here.

pinata242
11-06-08, 04:21 PM
For those about to enter your RB2 codes to HMX, make sure you ask for awesome shit in the "request a song" box.

I asked for The Beatles when I did mine and look what happened. You have the power now, make it count.

Kijdhefgi
11-06-08, 04:22 PM
Got my code; gonna go home soon and download that and the Left 4 Dead demo to play tonight. Let me know if you're up for songs

superfro
11-06-08, 04:24 PM
For those about to enter your RB2 codes to HMX, make sure you ask for awesome shit in the "request a song" box.

I asked for The Beatles when I did mine and look what happened. You have the power now, make it count.

Oh yeah? I sent mine in on a Thursday night and one of the things I asked for was Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees. 12 hours later it was announced as DLC. Boo-yah! :)

pinata242
11-06-08, 04:25 PM
Can I get an Amen!?!

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 04:26 PM

Lol - yeah, thanks dude.

I'm requesting this one because it sounds fun on drums.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/szr9YAUJPQA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/szr9YAUJPQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

clintilona
11-06-08, 04:29 PM
Got my code for the 360 and am DLing now. Be sure to check your Bulk/Spam folders. That's where my message was at.

dsa_shea
11-06-08, 04:32 PM
I asked for songs from Snakes & Arrows (Rush).

SexualPudding
11-06-08, 04:34 PM
I'd be happy to hook someone here up with my 20 free song code who doesn't feel like waiting for their e mail (if that will work).

Edit: Code has been given out.

freakjae
11-06-08, 04:41 PM
Got my code...I survived the wait! :)

CKMorpheus
11-06-08, 04:55 PM
Just got my code, now I just gotta wait till I move and hook up my 360 again!

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 06:14 PM
Can I get an Amen!?!

Harmonix must hate me then because we still don't have anything from Queensryche, Live, Collective Soul, Silverchair, Nightwish or Pain of Salvation.

Music
11-06-08, 06:31 PM
Harmonix must hate me then

I don't know why they would... I mean, you have always been so positive...

Mok
11-06-08, 06:52 PM
Bounce Bounce Baby Bounce Back to Me, When you use your lips they better be on me -eek-

thelwig14
11-06-08, 07:31 PM
Just finished going through the songs.

Some are good, some are decent, some are terrible.

I would have kept about 5 or so, but I am just going to delete the whole file.

I think I would jump out the window if I ever got some of the girl songs or Magnetic Baby in a mystery setlist.

Demontooth
11-06-08, 07:49 PM
That's quite the shitty list of songs.

flashburn
11-06-08, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to 'superfro' for the AC/DC code. I just tried it and it worked! Grabbing that and the 20 free songs right now.

Also, to anyone who drums, I've played about half of the pack so far, and most of them are fun as hell. For anyone who plays this game for the "fun factor", I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised with a lot of songs in this pack. For the rest of you music snobs, you might as well not bother.

Commence bitching in 3...2....1... NOW!

Mok
11-06-08, 07:53 PM
Oh no here we go again now there is some big stink on the RB forums about a song being cut short. Prequel to the Sequel was cut by 3mins, and everyone is throwing a fit. Can't we just all get along.

thelwig14
11-06-08, 07:54 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to 'superfro' for the AC/DC code. I just tried it and it worked! Grabbing that and the 20 free songs right now.

Also, to anyone who drums, I've played about half of the pack so far, and most of them are fun as hell. For anyone who plays this game for the "fun factor", I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised with a lot of songs in this pack. For the rest of you music snobs, you might as well not bother.

Commence bitching in 3...2....1... NOW!

Music snobs? Yawn...

Michael Corvin
11-06-08, 07:57 PM
I don't know why they would... I mean, you have always been so positive...

:lol: Hey, when you have to replace a set of drums and then are sold a guitar you didn't want, it can get to ya.

flashburn
11-06-08, 07:57 PM
Music snobs? Yawn...

Music snobs... yawn.

flashburn
11-06-08, 07:58 PM
Oh no here we go again now there is some big stink on the RB forums about a song being cut short. Prequel to the Sequel was cut by 3mins, and everyone is throwing a fit. Can't we just all get along.
I was a little disappointed by that, but the song is still a fucking blast to play, so whatever. Just seems like an odd decision, I wonder if its some sort of radio edit?

thelwig14
11-06-08, 08:01 PM
Music snobs... yawn.

It is really simple. Everyone has different music tastes. And Harmonix has done an unbelievable job of allowing consumers to customize Rock Band and the songs to fit their particular tastes. But, they have gone against their custom with the AC/DC and 20 song pack by not allowing individuals downloads.

Since you either like AC/DC or not, it is understandable.

But releasing 20 songs and now allowing consumers to pick and choose to meet their needs is not very bright and against Harmonix's norm and the motto they have stated and adhered to from Day 1. And to drop "music snobs" and other moronic verbage because some people don't want some of the songs on their game is childish and ignorant.

flashburn
11-06-08, 08:02 PM
It is really simple. Everyone has different music tastes. And Harmonix has done an unbelievable job of allowing consumers to customize Rock Band and the songs to fit their particular tastes. But, they have gone against their custom with the AC/DC and 20 song pack by not allowing individuals downloads.

Since you either like AC/DC or not, it is understandable.

But releasing 20 songs and now allowing consumers to pick and choose to meet their needs is not very bright and against Harmonix's norm and the motto they have stated and adhered to from Day 1. And to drop "music snobs" and other moronic verbage because some people don't want some of the songs on their game is childish and ignorant.

Then call me childish and ignorant, I don't give a fuck. I'll call you the same. I'll also laugh at you while I'm having a blast with TWENTY FREE SONGS! :lol:

thelwig14
11-06-08, 08:04 PM
Then call me childish and ignorant, I don't give a fuck. I'll call you the same. I'll also laugh at you while I'm having a blast with TWENTY FREE SONGS! :lol:

Exactly the response I expected.

flashburn
11-06-08, 08:05 PM
Exactly the response I expected.

Glad I didn't disappoint. ;)

Kijdhefgi
11-06-08, 08:12 PM

Aw man, when'd you PM him? I sent mine like 10 mins after he posted that thing at 1:50 and this forum is usually dead around then. I guess people need their beauty sleep so they can bitch about songs during the day

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 08:15 PM
No more bitching about free songs, music snobbery, implied bitching, expected bitching, anticipation of bitching, etc, etc, etc.

Please.
/me heads home from work to get his 20 free songs.

beavis69
11-06-08, 08:23 PM
So i just spent an hour playing with online with a medium player and earned no band points. I usually play on hard/expert so i figured it was because of the medium player i didnt get any points. Is there a way to find out what level you have to play at to keep getting points.

flashburn
11-06-08, 08:24 PM
No more bitching about free songs, music snobbery, implied bitching, expected bitching, anticipation of bitching, etc, etc, etc.

Please.

So can we bitch about bitching? Please? Or can we bitch about not being allowed to bitch?

thelwig14
11-06-08, 08:26 PM
Aw man, when'd you PM him? I sent mine like 10 mins after he posted that thing at 1:50 and this forum is usually dead around then. I guess people need their beauty sleep so they can bitch about songs during the day

No, we were actually all up waiting for your next amazing vocal pics.

flashburn
11-06-08, 08:28 PM

Doh, that sucks man... sorry. I sent him a PM around 6AM EST.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 08:29 PM

Please.
I hate the bitching, but you seem to let it run for quite some time before you bring your "mod" fist down a little bit.

I remember at one point, you made mention in one of the threads (part 6 or something) to not overly bitch about stuff, and just say things like "Not my cup of tea, passing this week", instead of "What the fuck is this happy horse shit?"

Why aren't those rules in effect all of the time? I don't mind constructive criticism of DLC/artists, but just saying "These suck" and "They're not well-known" is not conducive to positive conversation.

Shagrath
11-06-08, 08:37 PM
So i just spent an hour playing with online with a medium player and earned no band points. I usually play on hard/expert so i figured it was because of the medium player i didnt get any points. Is there a way to find out what level you have to play at to keep getting points.

It doesn't matter what level you're playing with, you just need to get a higher score than your previous score. The points per note are going to be the same (for everything except vocals) for every difficulty.

aktick
11-06-08, 08:39 PM
Why aren't those rules in effect all of the time? I don't mind constructive criticism of DLC/artists, but just saying "These suck" and "They're not well-known" is not conducive to positive conversation.

I would imagine just to piss you off Shag. ;)

Shagrath
11-06-08, 08:43 PM
I would imagine just to piss you off Shag. ;)
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.. :) Admittedly, the thread would be a lot less active if there wasn't all the bickering.

On an unrelated note, what would people think about doing a main thread for RB (to keep the DLC info and stuff in one place), and then a weekly thread to talk about the DLC? It could contain polls and other such stuff. Just an idea.

flashburn
11-06-08, 08:48 PM
Can we bitch in said weekly DLC thread?

Shagrath
11-06-08, 08:50 PM
Weekly DLC threads would also further our movement towards a Rhythm Game Subforum. :)

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 09:16 PM
I hate the bitching, but you seem to let it run for quite some time before you bring your "mod" fist down a little bit.

I remember at one point, you made mention in one of the threads (part 6 or something) to not overly bitch about stuff, and just say things like "Not my cup of tea, passing this week", instead of "What the fuck is this happy horse shit?"

Because I have a job and I can't always read each and every thread @ all times, so when I get around to seeing what's been going on, I do it.

Liver&Onions
11-06-08, 09:18 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.. :) . bah. Whatever.

On an unrelated note, what would people think about doing a main thread for RB (to keep the DLC info and stuff in one place), and then a weekly thread to talk about the DLC? It could contain polls and other such stuff. Just an idea.

Keep it all contained in one. This has been working well.

superfro
11-06-08, 11:19 PM

Well, now I feel like an ass. I guess that's what I get for doing it in the morning when I get to work. I probably clicked on the wrong one or something. My apologies. I just wanted to make sure I could share them with someone in the community, honestly I wasn't even counting on it working. Glad someone got the use out of it, but I didn't mean to short you in the process. Sorry man. :blush:

Kijdhefgi
11-07-08, 12:00 AM
Well, now I feel like an ass. I guess that's what I get for doing it in the morning when I get to work. I probably clicked on the wrong one or something. My apologies. I just wanted to make sure I could share them with someone in the community, honestly I wasn't even counting on it working. Glad someone got the use out of it, but I didn't mean to short you in the process. Sorry man. :blush:

It's all good! It's not like you took my mother out on a date and made her pay and ate five steaks. I think I'll be fine with my 20 free that are pretty damn fun on guitar so far. Can't forget to sing some more so I can post vox pics for thewag to be impressed by

lordwow
11-07-08, 12:05 AM
I'm picking up Monkey Wrench and My Hero. Those two seem like the "big hits" and I think they'll be popular with my friends, and I loved Monkey Wrench on GH2 and can't wait to get the master.

superfro
11-07-08, 12:27 AM
It's all good! It's not like you took my mother out on a date and made her pay and ate five steaks.

About that....if she says anything about it...she's a liar.

SexualPudding
11-07-08, 01:52 AM
Monkey Wrench, My Hero, and probably Hey, Johnny Park for me. I really wish the Baker Street cover from the remastered version of the cd was going to be included.

jdpatri
11-07-08, 09:57 AM
No Foo for me. Not necessarily because I don't like them, but because they played a fucking awful set when I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers during their Californication tour. Awful. Dreadful set. No energy.

And no, I'm not able to overcome my petty grudges. Also, I'm too busy playing Pretty In Pink. Yeah I said it.

shumway
11-07-08, 10:06 AM
And no, I'm not able to overcome my petty grudges. Also, I'm too busy playing Pretty In Pink. Yeah I said it.

But are you wearing pink while playing it? ;)

jdpatri
11-07-08, 10:25 AM
But are you wearing pink while playing it? ;)

Does a faded red Wilco tour shirt count?

shumway
11-07-08, 10:27 AM
Only if you want it to.

cerial442
11-07-08, 12:32 PM
I'm a little disappointed that the Between the Buried and Me song is cut short, but I'm also ecstatic that the is even in Rock Band.

pinata242
11-07-08, 01:20 PM
Just watched all of Npeaen's charts for the free 20. Spoilered because no one cares at all what I think.

The 88 - Sons and Daughters - Boring chart, but a song I can get behind.
Authority Zero - No Regrets - This looks like a keeper to me.
Between the Buried and Me - Prequel to the Sequel - I love the music in this song, but fuck the vocals ruin it for me.
The Cab - Bounce - Poppy hipster shit, but I can see it growing popular at parties.
The Chevelles - Get It On - I like this! But I like Locksley too and it feels similar. And holy solo, Batman!
The Cocktail Slippers - Give It To Me - Eh... it's neither horrible nor special.
Dealership - Database Corrupted - Apparently Lazy Eye still hasn't ended... Forgettable and annoying.
Endeverafter - I Wanna Be Your Man - WOW! I think this is going to be the stand-out track all around. Very nice.
The Ghost Hounds - Ashes To Fire - Seems pretty easy. Not a bad song either.
Hollywood Undead - Young - It can stay.
Kutless - The Feeling - I like it! I can't believe I like as many as I do so far.
The Len Price 3 - If I Ain't Got You- Another poppy song that doesn't offend me. Also makes me want to drink ;)
Lesley Roy - I'm Gone, I'm Going - Sounds like a mix between Paramore and Pink to me. It'll work in our house.
Opiate for the Masses - Burn You Down - Seems kinda boring for the most part, but it's something that would be on my iPod so it's in. WHOA there's the solo. Nice!
Semi-Precious Weapons - Magnetic Baby - Shit, this makes me want Sponge so bad. So perfectly glam.
Shaimus - Like a Fool - I dig the song a lot and it looks to have interesting riffs on it.
Thenewno2 - Crazy Tuesday - Thank you for playing with Harmonix, Dhani! Even if this is one of least interesting songs in the set...
Tickle Me Pink - The Time Is Wrong - Again, nothing special or horrible. I like songs like this, but it sort of just gets lost in a sea of similar.
Underoath - Desperate Times, Desperate Measures - Ok, the first song I truly hate. If there was more melody in the vocals and less screaming it would be tolerable.
X Japan - I.V. - Not bad, but it doesn't go anywhere. Waiting for a solo... There it is... and it's boring too.
I can't believe I liked/tolerated as many as I did. 17.5 out of 20 (0.5 for the BtBaM song). I'll be keeping the entire pack, obviously. Thanks HMX!

steebo777
11-07-08, 01:41 PM
I'm thinkin about picking this up tonight, and have a couple quick questions because I'm too lazy to read all 120 pages of this thread :)

1. Does all of the RB hardware work with GH:WT?
2. Can I just rent a copy of RB1 to rip the songs into RB2 for $5?
3. Do I have to give 150% of my ability to rock out every time I play?

pinata242
11-07-08, 01:42 PM
Yes, yes, and it depends on your baseline 100% effort, I suppose.

Imprint
11-07-08, 01:47 PM
No Foo for me. Not necessarily because I don't like them, but because they played a fucking awful set when I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers during their Californication tour. Awful. Dreadful set. No energy.

I saw that tour here in Nashville, and Foo Fighters were great. Peter Frampton (lived here at the time) came on stage and played a song with them ("Show Me the Way" I think). FF blew RHCP out of the water that night.

chaz k
11-07-08, 01:48 PM
Im trying to put in the cheat code to unlock all the songs. But when i go to the "modify game" screen it only gives the "performance mode", select venue screen", "breakneck speed" and "no fail mode"...The other 4 options are locked. Any ideas?

jdpatri
11-07-08, 01:53 PM
I saw that tour here in Nashville, and Foo Fighters were great. Peter Frampton (lived here at the time) came on stage and played a song with them ("Show Me the Way" I think). FF blew RHCP out of the water that night.

That would have been pretty cool. I went to the Atlanta show and honestly, both FF and RHCP seemed to be going through the motions. RHCP barely played anything from BSSM and pretty much just went down the Californication CD and then left the stage.

pinata242
11-07-08, 02:00 PM
Im trying to put in the cheat code to unlock all the songs. But when i go to the "modify game" screen it only gives the "performance mode", select venue screen", "breakneck speed" and "no fail mode"...The other 4 options are locked. Any ideas?

There's an "enter code" option or something on that screen you need to select.

GuessWho
11-07-08, 02:16 PM
I'm picking up Monkey Wrench and My Hero. Ditto.

pinata242
11-07-08, 02:22 PM
It might not mean anything for upcoming DLC, but HMX posted an interview with Kansas (http://www.rockband.com/zine/kansas_interview) in case you're interested.

Walker Boh
11-07-08, 02:43 PM
I can't believe I liked/tolerated as many as I did. 17.5 out of 20 (0.5 for the BtBaM song). I'll be keeping the entire pack, obviously. Thanks HMX!Agreed ... I like more than I expected; I'll be downloading it.

superfro
11-07-08, 02:45 PM
The Cab - Bounce - Poppy hipster shit, but I can see it growing popular at parties.

I stand by the fact that this overproduced radio/MTV/Hot Topic engineered sound is arguably some of the best stuff to play in RB. I can't stand to listen to the music outside of the game, but there's something about playing along that just really immerses me in the moment. Especially if you have multiple people playing. I have the same response to the Paramore stuff.

And yes...that Chavelles song kicks 12 kinds of ass!

Overall a pretty awesome mix of songs that I'm more than happy to have in my collection.

Michael Corvin
11-07-08, 03:55 PM
With all the semi-recent cross compatibility talk with the instruments, it had me jazzed to pop in GHIII and try and pass a few of the faster songs with the RB2 Strat. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed to find out GHIII still won't recognize the Strat. :sad:

AsmodeusVice
11-07-08, 03:57 PM
I personally thought Lesley Roy's "I'm Gone, I'm Going" was the most fun to play on drums (on hard) from the 20. I got so into it that I thought I was going to pound a hole in my green pad. I'd say it's in my top 10 favorite songs to play on RB.

I can't for the life of me figure out how Prequel to the Sequel goes from awesome to suck in roughly 1 1/2 minutes. The intro kicks all kinds of ass and then the singer comes in and it devolves into typical growling metal crap all around (my opinion of course). I'm pissed cause it had such promise and then blew it... HARD (again, to each his own). Count me as one of the few who's glad they cut the song short. Same goes with I.V. ... I like the song for the most part (especially the chorus), but the drums kill the song. It sounds like Lars Ulrich pissing in chocolate cake.

I'm surprised that alot of the songs that I listened to and thought sucked were pretty fun to play despite their sucktitude. All in all I'm fairly pleased with the 20. I'd only get rid of maybe 3-4 if I could.

BTW, has anyone found out what that Awesome Detection cheat really does?

Liver&Onions
11-07-08, 04:17 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out how Prequel to the Sequel goes from awesome to suck in roughly 1 1/2 minutes. The intro kicks all kinds of ass and then the singer comes in and it devolves into typical growling metal

I listened to that the other day and the intro had me smiling, then BAM - the vocals kicked in and my disappointment grew.

My code was emailed to me within 20 seconds of submitting last night, so they are ready for me to play... next week sometime :(

naitram
11-07-08, 04:19 PM
Won't bother with the free-20 but probably getting "Colour and the Shape" next week...of course I'm down with some evil strepthroat shit or something right now, the music career is on hold just in time for the weekend. :mad:

Jeremy517
11-07-08, 04:59 PM
Young Man Blues has some competition for Song Least Likely to be FC'd on Expert Drums.

Skip ahead to about 2:30.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6vLFFlcf2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6vLFFlcf2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dsa_shea
11-07-08, 06:13 PM
Young Man Blues has some competition for Song Least Likely to be FC'd on Expert Drums.

Skip ahead to about 2:30.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6vLFFlcf2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D6vLFFlcf2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was insane.

Supermallet
11-07-08, 06:55 PM
That's Keith Moon for ya.

Speaking of drums, I found the cymbal attachments at Gamestop today. Can't wait to get home and try them out.

mdc3000
11-07-08, 07:13 PM
I can't believe how many people on ebay are buying the AC/DC disc without the export code... not that it's a bad thing, my own copy that I'm selling is up to $26us with a day left...but damn...ends up making the 18 songs WELL WORTH the cost I will have paid for them!

dsa_shea
11-07-08, 08:25 PM
Can't you download the AC/DC songs on more than one PS3 as long as you log in with the master account? I know you can download RB dlc more than once.

pinata242
11-07-08, 08:47 PM
That's Keith Moon for ya.
rotfl

I'll take commenting without watching the video for $1000, Alex.

bdshort
11-08-08, 09:44 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, but I found this video on YouTube while looking for videos of people singing along with RB rather than just playing the guitar or drums, and thought it was worth sharing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYBDa1wufk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYBDa1wufk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not sure what the song is but I enjoyed the dancing! ;)

SuperBatMan
11-08-08, 09:48 AM
So my yellow pad is busted, and it makes it nearly impossible to play decently now since it seems to drop notes randomly. If I bought the silencers, would that make it somewhat better, or would I be better off buying a new drum set?

Shagrath
11-08-08, 09:53 AM
Speaking of drums, I found the cymbal attachments at Gamestop today. Can't wait to get home and try them out.
Would you be able to try them out on lefty flip for me? The red is my crash cymbal and there is no red input, so I'm wondering if they map the green cymbal input to red while lefty-flipped.

I've heard conflicting reports on this. Some people say they work, and other say they don't. Also some people say they work, but you don't get the cymbal sounds.

It would be awesome if you could give this a shot. It's the only thing holding me back from buying them. Because obviously if they don't work for me, why would I waste the money? :)

Michael Corvin
11-08-08, 10:00 AM

Took me a while to figure it out but it sounds like All American Rejects' 'Move Along.'

Did anyone pick up the POTUSA pack this week? I really enjoyed them, just some great fun little tunes. Didn't strike me as too complex, but they were definitely fun.

I've been too busy with Gears to bother with the HMX20 so far.

xmiyux
11-08-08, 11:12 AM
I picked up the PTotUS pack and i agree - the songs weren't difficult but they were fun to play.

FusionX
11-08-08, 11:20 AM
I can't find the three pack of cymbals locally, just a two pack. Anyone have an on-line sales link?

shumway
11-08-08, 11:54 AM
3-pack streets on 11/30 per Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G57Y02/ref=s9subs_c6_63_at1-rfc_g1-frt_p-3237_g1_si1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0WZXTC2A0E6PQSRST4T2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=461886001&pf_rd_i=507846

FusionX
11-08-08, 12:52 PM
3-pack streets on 11/30 per Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G57Y02/ref=s9subs_c6_63_at1-rfc_g1-frt_p-3237_g1_si1?pf_rd_m=&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0WZXTC2A0E6PQSRST4T2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=461886001&pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks! I'll wait for that then, even though I was wanting to pick them up for a party tonight.

freshticles
11-08-08, 12:53 PM
So my yellow pad is busted, and it makes it nearly impossible to play decently now since it seems to drop notes randomly. If I bought the silencers, would that make it somewhat better, or would I be better off buying a new drum set?

I bought the new Rock Band 2 set and it makes a huge difference. The pads are quiet, and you just have to tap them instead of slam on them. Mine doesn't drop any hits and the pads also have quite a bit of bounce so fills and quick beats are way easier to pull off.

thelwig14
11-08-08, 12:54 PM
After playing the GH WT drums, that RB expansion kit is an absolute essential for any drummer. Raised cymbals totally changes the experience.

Michael Corvin
11-08-08, 01:01 PM
I bought the new Rock Band 2 set and it makes a huge difference. The pads are quiet, and you just have to tap them instead of slam on them. Mine doesn't drop any hits and the pads also have quite a bit of bounce so fills and quick beats are way easier to pull off.

Actually with all the talk like this I was a tad disappointed in the RB2 drums. I expected them to be quieter than they are. They're definitely an improvement, but I think they are on par with the RB1 set with the silencers on 'em.

Bigcron
11-08-08, 02:47 PM
I have a question about the cymbal expansion for RB2. I am in no way a drummer and hardly know what anyone is talking about when mentioning hi-hats and rides and all those official words, but I love playing some drums on Rock Band, and anything to make the experience more immersive would be great.

So, my question is, will the game recognize the expansion cymbals and give you some kind of indicator in-game that you should hit the "green cymbal" as opposed to the "green drum"?
I wouldn't know the appropriate times just listening, but would utilize them if the game told me to.
Or does it matter, and there is something to drumming that makes my question totally irrevlevant?

Thanks.

Mad Dawg
11-08-08, 03:45 PM
I have a question about the cymbal expansion for RB2. I am in no way a drummer and hardly know what anyone is talking about when mentioning hi-hats and rides and all those official words, but I love playing some drums on Rock Band, and anything to make the experience more immersive would be great.

So, my question is, will the game recognize the expansion cymbals and give you some kind of indicator in-game that you should hit the "green cymbal" as opposed to the "green drum"?
I wouldn't know the appropriate times just listening, but would utilize them if the game told me to.
Or does it matter, and there is something to drumming that makes my question totally irrevlevant?

Thanks.

There actually isn't an indicator in game. The cymbals will give you cymbal sounds during fills, the drum trainer, and freeplay, and the pads will trigger tom sounds. When you're playing, though, in most songs, the cymbals would be what you would be playing most of the time. Toms are used primarily during fills. There are exceptions, but a good rule of thumb is that if you're hitting a steady stream of yellows or blues, those are cymbals.

outcastja
11-08-08, 04:50 PM
I rarely play the drums, but would like to start trying to play them again. What would be the best option to get to play both GHWT and RB2? RB2 with the cymbal expansion or GHWT drums?

Tarantino
11-08-08, 04:57 PM
The RB2 drums.

Stay far, far away from the World Tour set.

= J

Michael T Hudson
11-09-08, 12:11 AM
Sorry if this is a repost, but I found this video on YouTube while looking for videos of people singing along with RB rather than just playing the guitar or drums, and thought it was worth sharing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYBDa1wufk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYBDa1wufk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Very nice.

devilshalo
11-09-08, 12:30 PM
She has the sock mod on her drums :lol: And I used my sock for something different :o ;)

CKMorpheus
11-09-08, 12:43 PM

Hot video! But how are her lyrics scrolling upwards rather than moving to the left?

Michael Corvin
11-09-08, 01:05 PM
Hot video! But how are her lyrics scrolling upwards rather than moving to the left?

Good catch. I thought something looked weird. I figured I was just distracted by the scantly clad chick. Is that a setting somewhere?

DVDChris
11-09-08, 01:40 PM

You can have "static" lyrics instead of scrolling in the options menu.

dsa_shea
11-09-08, 06:19 PM
I found out that you can download the AC/DC songs to multiple PS3s. Instead of going through the hassle of selling the disc on Ebay or elsewhere it would seem to be easier (and maybe a bit cheaper) to find a couple of buddies to split the cost with and go that route.

Draven
11-09-08, 11:49 PM
You can have "static" lyrics instead of scrolling in the options menu.

Holy crap. I did not know that. I'll have to mess with that setting and check it out.

Centurion
11-10-08, 03:12 AM
I understand that if you have the RB1 disc, that you can export most (all but 3) songs onto the Xbox 360 harddrive for play on RB2. There is also a fee of something like $5.
My question is for those of us that still do not have our Xbox 360 hooked up to the internet, can this still be done? Perhaps by paying with a CC over the phone?

Thanks.

REL77
11-10-08, 06:53 AM
no, you have to purchase the license online, which is then transferred to your xbox, and then you can xport them. So your 360 needs to be connected to the XBL

Liver&Onions
11-10-08, 12:25 PM
locking since the community started taking on tasks themselves. In the future, please don't "close" and start new threads until requested. Mods aren't always around to do it when it's done willy-nilly.