Dancing with the Stars -- Week 5 -- 10/20-10/21

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dancing with the Stars -- Week 5 -- 10/20-10/21

Photobucket

Week 5:

In the fifth week of performances, contestants tackle four dances that are new to this competition: the hustle, the salsa, the jitterbug and the West Coast swing.
Old 10-21-08, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, they sure told Lacey. Funny thing is, that is exactly what the judges said to her on So You Think You Can Dance.
Old 10-21-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
To give Sapp an 8 for his dance and Cloris a 7 is perhaps the most absurd I've ever seen on this show.

I did like the new dances added, particularly the jitterbug - both of those were excellent.
Old 10-21-08, 08:42 AM

All of the scores for Cloris are ridiculous. She should be getting 3's, 4's, and 5's, and definitely not 7's. The scoring is really destroying the credibility of the show, not that it had a whole lot of credibility to begin with.
Old 10-21-08, 08:50 AM

Warren should have gotten a 27 for his dance. That hustle was great.

I think Toni and Susan are in trouble. Susan is getting injured a lot and Toni is starting to blend into the background. And with her being part of the same demographic as Brooke (good-looking moms with low-key personalities), it's going to be tough for Toni to gain any more fans.

With the exception the the West Coast Swing, I enjoyed the other dances, too. I hope they consider swapping the jive for the jitterbug next season.

Cloris may be overstaying her welcome, but she does bring the funny. Calling herself a skanky ho was priceless. Lacey and Warren's reactions were hilarious.

But why does Corky insist on grabbing Cloris' breasts all the time? I know they look great to be on an 82-year-old, but Corky is hamming it up more than Cloris these days.
Old 10-21-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue
Warren should have gotten a 27 for his dance. That hustle was great.

I think Toni and Susan are in trouble. Susan is getting injured a lot and Toni is starting to blend into the background. And with her being part of the same demographic as Brooke (good-looking moms with low-key personalities), it's going to be tough for Toni to gain any more fans.

Don't forget - Susan has that devoted soap audience in her corner.
Old 10-21-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, Lacey needs to get Lance to do something. Look at how much work Warren had to do.

Was Lacey supposed to only be around for one season? I hope she improves so ABC won't replace her next season.

I agree Toni is in trouble. Maybe Susan too.
Old 10-21-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think Julianne and Cody have stepped up to look like a team that could be in the last 3 along with Brooke & Derek and Warren & Kym.
Old 10-21-08, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree about Toni or Susan being in the bottom. Susan more but she has many loyal soap fans so Toni is vulnerable. Love Toni so I'd like to see more.

I see people every week do the West Coast swing and what Lance and Lacey did looked nothing like it. Toni's swing was closer but still radically different.

The jitterbug dances looked remarkable good for pros who've never done it before.

Warren's hussle was loads of fun. I was surprised he got mostly 8's considering the judges comments.

Oh, Cloris' "stanky ho" comment had me dying from laughter!
Old 10-21-08, 09:18 PM

Tonight's results show =
Old 10-22-08, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cloris may be overstaying her welcome, but she does bring the funny.
I don't think she even does that any more. Hamming her way into everyone's interviews is getting very annoying. And her little parades around the stage after her performances don't cut it for me, either. Just get over and get your scores, woman! And don't even get me started on her "dancing".

Every time she doesn't go home is just a travesty.
Old 10-22-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, I was correct! I hate when that happens sometimes. Bye, bye Toni.

I'm OK with Cloris moving on. She's entertaining enough though we all know she won't win.
Old 10-22-08, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RoboDad
I don't think she even does that any more. Hamming her way into everyone's interviews is getting very annoying. And her little parades around the stage after her performances don't cut it for me, either. Just get over and get your scores, woman! And don't even get me started on her "dancing".

Old 10-22-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RoboDad

I agree. A few weeks of comedy - okay. This is beyond ridiculous now.
Old 10-22-08, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by astrochimp
I think Julianne and Cody have stepped up to look like a team that could be in the last 3 along with Brooke & Derek and Warren & Kym.
I agree. Lance has underperformed. Susan and Cloris surely ain't going to make it that far. That leaves Maurice, who has a chance because he's paired with Cheryl, who knows how to get an able-bodied dancer to the Top 4. So right now, I'd flip a coin between Cody and Maurice for that last spot in the Final 3.

The outcome is what I expected. Toni may be a better dancer than Cloris, but Cloris is memorable. Memorably bad to be sure, but still memorable. Toni is a decent dancer, but bland in the personality department. It's worse to be boring than bad in any competition. So it's bye-bye, Toni and hello Cloris being part of the old school hip-hop routine.

That said, I wish Cloris had left the kid dancers alone. Let the munchkins enjoy their moment without stepping all over it, lady!
Old 10-22-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So it's bye-bye, Toni and hello Cloris being part of the old school hip-hop routine.
That is the only reason I wanted her to stick around one more week
Old 10-22-08, 07:16 PM

Corky bothers me more than Cloris. He's become insufferable. I am tired of Cloris, but I take sadistic pleasure in seeing her flummox Ms. Dumb Ass.

I don't understand why the judges ganged up on Lacey. Yes, she was dancing around Lance, but Edyta did that last season and the judges praised Jason Taylor even when he stumbled (giving him tens for dances where he stumbled more than once). If you need further proof of that, watch the cha cha face off to see how Jason does when called on to participate more. Julianna put her chest in front of Helio to disguise his awful footwork and she succeeded in distracting the judges and the interested male and female viewers. Of course, these two male celebrities are athletes and the judges' lips are firmly planted on the backsides of all the athletes. Nothing Lacey did compares to the manical, mental patient gyrations Mark Ballas did during the mambo with Kim. Only Len commented on it. I thought Ballas's head was going to spin off; he was a human propeller.

Susan Lucci has her fans, but where is the enjoyment factor for them? Her dances are joyless and she constantly looks like she is going to break in two. I know Lucci fans who want her off because they are embarrassed for her.

I'm not enjoying this season as much because the dancing is so subpar. Brooke and Derek are fine, but they don't wow or involve me. Warren and Kym are probably my faves as they want to entertain and they are so positive and both refused to put down Susan Lucci when that wench Samantha Harris wanted them to say something negative.

I miss Maks and his backside; his frontside as well. I miss Karina. Why can't they have Maks and/or Karina interview or judge?
Old 10-23-08, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
And next week's guests:

Old 10-23-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As luck would have it, I was at tonight's taping of the Jimmy Kimmel show, and Julianne Hough was there to pre-record a singing segment for a November show on Kimmel, and I happen to be within 10 feet of the stage. She's mighty purty from that distance. Too bad most of my Blackberry-cam shot were crap.
Old 10-23-08, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daytripper
And next week's guests:

Good job.

Next week is supposed to involve hip-hop moves. To be more exact, Crazy Cloris meets hip-hop.
Old 10-23-08, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The outcome is what I expected. Toni may be a better dancer than Cloris, but Cloris is memorable. Memorably bad to be sure, but still memorable. Toni is a decent dancer, but bland in the personality department. It's worse to be boring than bad in any competition. So it's bye-bye, Toni and hello Cloris being part of the old school hip-hop routine.
Cloris memorable? Sure, much like a root canal sans anesthetic would be memorable.

I can't wait to see how they butcher the hip hop choreography just so she can "keep up".