Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Incredible Hulk: Three-Disc Special Edition'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Thomas Spurlin's DVD review of The Incredible Hulk: Three-Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=35120 and...

Thank god those deleted scenes didn't make it into the final cut, and hopefully they don't make it into an extended cut. Those scenes of Norton and Tyler, and the scenes with Norton, Samson, and Tyler, are some of the sappiest boo-hoo hoo amateurish deleted scenes I've ever seen. If they stayed in the movie, the whole film would be thrown out of wack. These scenes were just embarrasing. These sappy scenes are worse than the ones in the first Hulk. After watching the deleted scenes, it certainly makes me appreciate the director more for making wise cuts that could have easily made this superior Hulk film into an even worse one that the first one.
Old 10-20-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by toddly6666
I read Thomas Spurlin's DVD review of The Incredible Hulk: Three-Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=35120 and...

Thank god those deleted scenes didn't make it into the final cut, and hopefully they don't make it into an extended cut. Those scenes of Norton and Tyler, and the scenes with Norton, Samson, and Tyler, are some of the sappiest boo-hoo hoo amateurish deleted scenes I've ever seen. If they stayed in the movie, the whole film would be thrown out of wack. These scenes were just embarrasing. These sappy scenes are worse than the ones in the first Hulk. After watching the deleted scenes, it certainly makes me appreciate the director more for making wise cuts that could have easily made this superior Hulk film into an even worse one that the first one.
Some of the emotional scenes do push a bit hard and needed toning down, that's very true, but there's a LOT of of continuity rectification, motive support, and overall character aid in the deleted scenes that would've helped the flow immensely.
Old 10-21-08, 01:19 PM

This movie was so much better than the piece of crap from 2003. Not as good as Dark Knight or Iron Man but it was really entertaining. And I really hate this digital copy stuff. Does anyone use it? You think you may be getting a good 2-Disc of something and you get the same Disc as the Single Edition with another copy of the same movie. What is up with that?
Old 10-23-08, 04:33 PM
Cool New Member

I agree with american-pie..this Hulk i would say is 2 times better then the one released in 03' but i dont think it beats Dark night but is very close with Iron Man..i would give Hulk 4 out 5 stars