Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Apple Store Sucks!!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Apple Store Sucks!!!

Old 10-13-08, 05:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apple Store Sucks!!!

Am i the only one that hate to go to the Apple store. I was there to get my Iphone adapter replacement and this is what i observed....oh...i have to wait for about 10 mins before i can get any damn help there.....

1) 90% of the people that shop there are dumb!!! They seem to be needing to be spoon-fed buying a case or an earphone!!! And still can't decide what they want!!

2) You don't know who does what there. Who's doing sales and who's doing support??

3) Genius bar...WTF is that?? Do you check out there??

And when i finally got to talk to a Genius...or whatever fuck they call themselves....they told me they are out of the adapter!!!

And my Iphone keeps crashing!!!! F Apple!!!
Old 10-13-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm not a fan of Apple Stores either other then getting to see their new stuff hands on. It's pretty much just a haven for mall people that like to play with stuff that need to be spoon fed, so I understand why.

Genius Bar is where you go for technical support. I'd assume everyone else is there to sell you products. At the ones near me, it's always pretty easy to find someone to help you though.
Old 10-13-08, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
So go to Best Buy or Amazon.com

I find it funny that you call all the other customers dumb yet you waited 10 minutes in line to ask a question if they have an adapter for sale. A smart person like yourself could have just found it on the shelf, right?
Old 10-13-08, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vhgong
Am i the only one that hate to go to the Apple store. I was there to get my Iphone adapter replacement and this is what i observed....oh...i have to wait for about 10 mins before i can get any damn help there.....

1) 90% of the people that shop there are dumb!!! They seem to be needing to be spoon-fed buying a case or an earphone!!! And still can't decide what they want!!

2) You don't know who does what there. Who's doing sales and who's doing support??

3) Genius bar...WTF is that?? Do you check out there??

And when i finally got to talk to a Genius...or whatever fuck they call themselves....they told me they are out of the adapter!!!

And my Iphone keeps crashing!!!! F Apple!!!
I imagine that you are PC then.
Old 10-13-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

I find it funny that you call all the other customers dumb yet you waited 10 minutes in line to ask a question if they have an adapter for sale. A smart person like yourself could have just found it on the shelf, right?
I'm pretty sure he was trying to get it replaced for free since it's defective, not just buy a new one.
Old 10-13-08, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

Its the recall adapter for the Iphone 3G as mentioned in my original post.
Old 10-13-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I work across from one in my mall. I like staring at the line that builds online just to enter the damn place.

I can't imagine how long it will get once the holidays come closer.
Old 10-14-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I remember when Apple Store employees knew how to troubleshoot all their products; I had to go to my local Apple Store a year or so ago to buy Leopard and no one on the floor (mostly dopey looking high school/college students) knew about Boot Camp. The only guy left working there from the old days is now a store manager.

Next time I buy a computer I'm going through Apple's website, since there's no real reason anymore to go the physical store and deal with the useless employees.
Old 10-14-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm an Apple guy. Love the products. I have a Mac and Iphone so going to the Apple store is something that just needs to be done on occasion.... and I hate it there (maybe its just the store thats around me).

It's another example of Apple trying to be too hip for their own good and reinvent the wheel. Why is there no real check out line? Why are there random employees running around checking people out? It is beyond chaotic in that place everytime I go. It's Apple, they will always have a lot of customers, why not try to have some organization?

I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but going to that place makes me feel like an idiot. I'll go there, and when its time to check out and pay for something I will have no idea where to go to pay. One time I waited on a line for 10 mins to talk to someone who was just standing in the middle of the store. I finally get to speak to the person and they say "oh I'm support, go to someone in the [random colored shirt] to check out."
Old 10-14-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have a MAC and an iphone and about 10 iPods and I must say, the Apple store in Ann Arbor is not so bad. I agree, most of the customers tend to be clueless and need their hands held seemingly from the door to the register. Speaking of which, I've noticed that there is no real clear cut "Checkout" locale. You just have to ask an employee, they whip out the handy dandy card reader and then send you on your way...at least that's how it woks in the Grand Rapids/Ann Arbor stores.
Old 10-14-08, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I work across from one in my mall. I like staring at the line that builds online just to enter the damn place.

I can't imagine how long it will get once the holidays come closer.
The reason the lines are so long is because they spend a lot of time with each customer. If they spend 10-15 mins spoon feeding each customer, you can just imagine the lines. I understand that you need to provide customer service, but in end, you end up satisfying 1 customer and pissed off 10 others waiting for service.

And yes....just like the rest of you, i have no idea who does what there, no checkout lines and such. I swear i never want to buy anything from there if i have a choice. When i got my Iphone there, it was one of the most horrible experience i've had. I thought BestBuy or CircuitCity was bad...but Apple store was horrendous!!!

Last edited by vhgong; 10-14-08 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-16-08, 09:17 PM

I hate the apple store. I just get iPods at best buy. my friend was messing around with the iPods at the apple store and the security alarm went off. they kicked him out of the store because they thought he was tryin to steal an iPod that was on display.
Old 10-25-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
My wife treated me to an 80 GB iPod Classic last September. It was defective (iTunes and the iPod agreed that it had synced, but once I ejected the iPod, it said there was nothing on it). I called and discovered that if I wanted to discuss it with a "genius," I would have to schedule an appointment--early the next week. I went online and even called the help number. I was entertained by the guy I was transferred to, who outright told me that all he was able to do was read to me exactly what is on apple.com's support pages. So much for tech support!

The girl at the Apple Store that sold me the iPod was there when I brought it back. I remember she walked right up, just as bubbly as the previous week. The moment I said I had a defective purchase and that I was not there to buy anything else, her face took on the "does not compute" look and she quickly excused herself. Their "genius" tried several times to get my iPod to work, but soon gave up and just exchanged it for another one. That worked fine, and to this day I am still somewhat pleased with the fact that he failed to collect the earlier iPod's earphones from me. They're nothing special, but they retail for $30 at the Apple store. I love the product, but I agree--I did not enjoy my store experience.
Old 05-24-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Apple Store Sucks!!!

Apple Reverses No Cash IPad Purchase Policy

Been itching to walk into an Apple Store and plop down a briefcase full of cash for a brand new iPad? Well, at long last you now can. Apple has reversed its policy of accepting only debit and credit cards for purchases of its latest device

The policy change was prompted by Diane Campbell, a Bay Area woman who tried to purchase an iPad with $600 she had saved up, only to be turned away from the Apple Store because she didn't have a debit or credit card. Picked up by a local news station, the story caught the attention of Apple brass, leading to the reversal.

Best of all, Apple also delivered a free iPad to Campbell, who was amazed and gratified by the offer. "What I would like to say to Steve is thank you," she told the local news.

In an interview with the reporter that broke the story, Apple senior vice president of retail Ron Johnson explained that the previous policy had been enacted to strictly limit iPad purchases to two per customer, ensuring that everybody would have a chance to buy one. He also claimed the policy was not specifically meant to prevent gray-market sales of iPads, but it seems likely that it was at least a consideration, given the long lag time between U.S. and international availability.

So often it seems like Apple doesn't deign to comment on incidents like this, and while the cynical will surely say that this is merely a matter of spin control, it's still nice to see the company make things right. And it's hard to argue with the end result: not only does Diane Campbell get her iPad, but now customers everywhere can actually fork over their piles of cash. And, if nothing else, it means Apple will probably sell a few more iPads.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...se_policy.html

-That had to be the dumbest policy apple store had. I wonder what would happen if you put down the exact cash and walk out with the Ipad? Would they consider that stealing?
Old 06-12-10, 07:33 PM
Cool New Member

verry easy to use
Old 06-12-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vhgong
1) 90% of the people that shop there are dumb!!! They seem to be needing to be spoon-fed
Close 2-year old thread.

Speaking as an iPhone user, seriously, this is a surprise to you, that 90% of Apple consumers need to be spoon-fed and don't know what they're doing? That's why they're Apple consumers in the first place. That 90% bought or is buying their stuff because it is hip, cool, trendy, cute, "easy to use" or whatever. The other 10% chose Apple products for good reasons.
Old 06-13-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheato
Close 2-year old thread.

Speaking as an iPhone user, seriously, this is a surprise to you, that 90% of Apple consumers need to be spoon-fed and don't know what they're doing? That's why they're Apple consumers in the first place. That 90% bought or is buying their stuff because it is hip, cool, trendy, cute, "easy to use" or whatever. The other 10% chose Apple products for good reasons.
The vast majority of people I see in the stores are there because they dont know how to work a real computer and must use a mac.
Old 06-13-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
The vast majority of people I see in the stores are there because they dont know how to work a real computer and must use a mac.
As someone who has been using an Apple computer for over 20 years, it's utterly painful to go to most Apple retailers. Luckily there's one left in my area that employs old school Apple guys.
Old 06-25-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm on my 4th iphone 3GS, and everytime I have to go into the Apple store, I'm amazed at the parade of absolute idiots that have to go to the Genius bar. I'm almost sad for the support people that work there. I was in 2 weeks ago exchanging yet again for cracks around the dock port, and there is a lady with her mini-dog, waiting for the ipod Genius to help her. What was wrong? Her iPod touch was "very dark" and she "tried everything to make it bright again" and even "shook it!". He said "Well, there is a setting for that!" and smiled all smug. I could have vomited...then he proceeded to show her the brightness slider in the menu.

I heard someone say that this generation needs a world war to thin out some of the herd, and I can't say that sentiment is too far off base...
Old 06-25-10, 10:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

USB for the win.
Old 06-25-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
He said "Well, there is a setting for that!" and smiled all smug. I could have vomited...
It could've been worse... he could've said "Well, there is an app for that!"
Old 06-25-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was in 2 weeks ago exchanging yet again for cracks around the dock port
You can exchange for a crack around the dock port? How does it look? I have a crack, but I figured they wouldn't exchange, saying I was just reckless (I wasn't).
Old 06-25-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 378 Likes on 242 Posts

There are no Apple stores in any of the towns where I've lived and had never seen/heard of them, but I happened to be TDY to the Boston area and there was one that my colleagues wanted to go visit. When I walked into the place, I was overwhelmed by the air of "smugness" that the slackers who worked there exuded. Hell, the whole layout of the joint reeked of "see how unique we are?!?"

It was as bad as the time I parked near a pair of Pruises (Priusii? what the hell is plural for "Prius"??) whose owners were chatting to each other about how wonderful each of them felt they were. I walked out and gave the store a wide berth during the rest of my visit. Didn't want to catch any of teh "smug".
Old 06-26-10, 09:30 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm on my 4th iphone 3GS, and everytime I have to go into the Apple store, I'm amazed at the parade of absolute idiots that have to go to the Genius bar. I'm almost sad for the support people that work there. I was in 2 weeks ago exchanging yet again for cracks around the dock port, and there is a lady with her mini-dog, waiting for the ipod Genius to help her. What was wrong? Her iPod touch was "very dark" and she "tried everything to make it bright again" and even "shook it!". He said "Well, there is a setting for that!" and smiled all smug. I could have vomited...then he proceeded to show her the brightness slider in the menu.

I heard someone say that this generation needs a world war to thin out some of the herd, and I can't say that sentiment is too far off base...
If the girl was hot, I'd probably say the same thing. But the problem is no one actually wants to open up the manual or 'search' for information. They just feel everything should be explained to them. I've been 'teaching' people how to use their electronics for years.
Old 06-27-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
There are no Apple stores in any of the towns where I've lived and had never seen/heard of them, but I happened to be TDY to the Boston area and there was one that my colleagues wanted to go visit. When I walked into the place, I was overwhelmed by the air of "smugness" that the slackers who worked there exuded. Hell, the whole layout of the joint reeked of "see how unique we are?!?"

It was as bad as the time I parked near a pair of Pruises (Priusii? what the hell is plural for "Prius"??) whose owners were chatting to each other about how wonderful each of them felt they were. I walked out and gave the store a wide berth during the rest of my visit. Didn't want to catch any of teh "smug".
Yep. It's the same at every apple store you go to. Funny thing is, I have found them to all be exactly the same. There goes that "uniqueness" right out the window.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.