DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WANTED on DVD and Blu-Ray December 2nd!

Old 10-10-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WANTED on DVD and Blu-Ray December 2nd!

From DVDTown.com:

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/angelina...ray-dec-2/5984

Yesterday Universal Home Entertainment provided the first details for their forthcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of WANTED - the summer action stunner from Russian-Kazakh film director Timur Bekmambetov, starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, and Morgan Freeman.

Scheduled to debut on December 2, Universal will release separate single-disc DVDs (for either Widescreen or Full-screen viewing), 2-disc Widescreen DVD Special Edition (w/bonus Digital Copy of the film), and in high-definition on Blu-ray (also includes bonus Digital Copy 2nd disc).

Further, the studio is offering a separate "Collector's Edition Giftset" which includes the same content on either the 2-disc DVD or 2-disc Blu-ray. Available in premium packaging, it includes still-to-be-announced special content (including 4 collectible postcards and a lenticular scene in an acrylic frame). We will provide another update (including retail prices for all editions) once full details are known.

At this time, the added DVD & Blu-ray Special Edition bonus features are not yet finalized, but will include:

* Alternate Opening
* Extended Scene
* DIGITAL COPY (2nd disc)
* Many FEATURETTES:
-The Making of Wanted: The Game
-Cast and Characters
-Stunts on the L Train
-Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible
-Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution
-The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life
-Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov
-Wanted: Motion Comics

The Blu-ray version is BD-Live Enabled, and also includes Universal's U-Control capability with these additional features:
BD Exclusive:
-Motion Comics (U-Control)
-Scene Explorer (U-Control)
-Assassin Profiles (U-Control)
-Picture in Picture (U-Control)
-My Chat (BD-Live)
-My Wanted Commentary (BD-Live)
-My Scenes Sharing (BD-Live)
Old 10-10-08, 09:52 PM

cant wait for this
Old 10-11-08, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Beaten by a week.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/540...12-2-08-a.html

*edit - Cool, I posted the URL and it automatically converted it into a link using the thread title.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 10-11-08 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-11-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Beaten by a week.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/540...12-2-08-a.html

*edit - Cool, I posted the URL and it automatically converted it into a link using the thread title.
Sorry. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes. I did use the search tool for this forum. As usual, it didn't work. It didn't return any results for your thread. Why even have a search tool, if it's totally useless?
Old 10-11-08, 09:00 AM
Banned

^You posted correctly and thank you for the info on this one. Michael Corvin is referring to a thread posted in the HD forum which some people dont give a shit about and dont visit that section of the forum. Thank you for posting the standard DVD info in here.

And in regards to the DVD: No Commentary= No Sale.
Old 10-11-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^You posted correctly and thank you for the info on this one. Michael Corvin is referring to a thread posted in the HD forum which some people dont give a shit about and dont visit that section of the forum. Thank you for posting the standard DVD info in here.

And in regards to the DVD: No Commentary= No Sale.
Are you tired of having bitter beer face?
Old 10-11-08, 12:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by tonymontana313
seriously. i don't support the media as yet, but i do support those who support it and wouldn't hold such feelings just bc i haven't taken the plunge yet. with that sig and those feelings, one thinks you need to relax and breathe actual air once in awhile.
Old 10-11-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I loved this movie, cannot wait to have it to watch anytime I want.
Old 10-11-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
No shit.
Old 10-15-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TheDigitalBits.com has posted more information, including box art:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#black

Scroll down a bit!

Wanted will be available as a single-disc DVD (SRP $29.98), a 2-disc DVD Special Edition (SRP $34.98), a Blu-ray Disc (SRP $39.98), and special Collector's Sets in both DVD ($64.98) and Blu-ray ($69.98) formats. The 2-disc DVD and Blu-ray will include an extended scene, 8 featurettes (Cast and Characters, Stunts on the L Train, Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible, Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution, The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life, The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life, Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov and The Making of Wanted: The Game), as well as Wanted: Motion Comics and The Little Things: Music Video Mash-Up (only available in standard-def). To this, the Blu-ray Disc also adds an alternate opening, U-Control features (Wanted: Motion Comics, a Scene Explorer, Assassins Profile and Picture-in-Picture video) and BD-Live online features (My Chat, My Wanted Commentary and My Scenes Sharing). The Collector's Sets will also include a photo book of assassins, collectible postcards, an acrylic frame motion 3-D film cell and special "bullet-pierced" packaging.

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 10-15-08 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-15-08, 10:06 PM

i'm surprised the movie is getting such an elaborate collector's set right off the bat. was the movie that successful? i'm thinking 2-disc edition, hopefully someone will have a steelbook or maybe some decent exclusive first week out. if not, i might wait to see if the price drops a bit.
Old 10-16-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts
For an R rated action movie released in June, I would call it pretty successful
Old 10-16-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
i'm surprised the movie is getting such an elaborate collector's set right off the bat. was the movie that successful? i'm thinking 2-disc edition, hopefully someone will have a steelbook or maybe some decent exclusive first week out. if not, i might wait to see if the price drops a bit.
It was pretty successful, US box office $134 million, overseas $188 million.
Old 10-16-08, 02:59 PM

the collector's set looks good. pretty pricy not one of my summer favess.
Old 10-16-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No extended scenes of Angelina's bare ass = no sale!!

Old 10-16-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikael79
No extended scenes of Angelina's bare ass = no sale!!

Maybe it'll be an Easter Egg?

Anyway, I'm in for the giftset.
Old 12-02-08, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok...on the 2 disc of Wanted, 2nd DVD. There's at least what I think of is an easter egg. It asks for the "Code of The Fraternity". To access it's on the MAIN menu of Disc 2. Click down from where it says Bonus Features and Subtitles...it then takes you to a page that leads you to put in a code. It's binary code but..what the hell is the code of the fraternity. Did I somehow miss this in the movie? Or is it the one that we see in the film? I'm of no time at the moment to fast forward through the film, but if you find it please do tell details of it.
Old 12-02-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
ok...on the 2 disc of Wanted, 2nd DVD. There's at least what I think of is an easter egg. It asks for the "Code of The Fraternity". To access it's on the MAIN menu of Disc 2. Click down from where it says Bonus Features and Subtitles...it then takes you to a page that leads you to put in a code. It's binary code but..what the hell is the code of the fraternity. Did I somehow miss this in the movie? Or is it the one that we see in the film? I'm of no time at the moment to fast forward through the film, but if you find it please do tell details of it.
How many input slots are there? I don't have the dvd yet but it might be something like Sloan's number that came up or something. I don't know, I've seen the movie twice but both were this summer so I don't remember a whole lot.
Old 12-08-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Found the code. Once you watch a few of the features it pops up. It is for Wanted: The Game. It says to enter 01001111 into the game and it unlocks Super Weapons.