DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABC making new version of 'V'

Written by Scott Peters of '4400'

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
Old 10-10-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Bizarre since Kenneth Johnson, creator of the original, has been trying to do a remake and/or sequel for several years.
Old 10-11-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Bizarre since Kenneth Johnson, creator of the original, has been trying to do a remake and/or sequel for several years.
Yeah, but that was originally for the Sci-Fi channel, and given their track record I was rather scared about that idea. I'd rather see ABC take charge of the project.
Old 10-11-08, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
From Kenneth Johnson's website:
Update 10/9/08 -- You may hear reports that Warner Bros TV is attempting to “reimagine” V as a television series. This is relatively old news. Last fall their new concept, which Kenny in not involved with, was passed on by all four networks. Though ABC is again considering the possibility of developing a TV pilot project, this does not in any way affect Kenny’s ongoing efforts to remake his original classic as a major motion picture.

Kenny’s prime desire is to bring big-screen production values to the new movie while protecting the quality, integrity and substance that made his original V such a critically acclaimed, international landmark.

More soon. Ignore all other rumors -- the real deal will always be announced here as soon as possible.
I've heard he's been working on a script for a motion picture of V since all four networks passed on his pilots for V: The Second Generation. Interesting that ABC is considering remaking it without his involvement.

I don't know anything about the guy, but I get the idea he is very protective of his work which is why he stepped out when the network tried getting involved in the sequel to the first miniseries. I know he's said he didn't like V getting into comics, etc. He wanted it to stay a "pure" allegory of our times instead of a generic sci-fi show.