Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA Live 2008 vs NBA 2k8

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBA Live 2008 vs NBA 2k8

So I'm seeing these on ebay for pretty cheap. Well cheaper than Gamestop, and I currently have NBA 2k7. I personally hate the menu options and nav, but the gameplay is cool. I'm used to NBA Live but last one I had was 2002 for PS2. (yea mad old). So I wanna get a better one and debating on these two. The reviews I've read all point towards 2k8 being better. The only thing I care about is creating online seasons and leagues.
Old 10-07-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldnt suggest either one cuz your eyes arent good enough.
Old 10-07-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by astrochimp
I wouldnt suggest either one cuz your eyes arent good enough.
Why do you say that? Since he's looking on ebay i'm pretty sure he meant 2k8 and not 9

I'd say 2k8 is probably better, but I actually liked 2k7 more gameplay wise with everything else being pretty much the same.
Old 10-07-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Why do you say that? Since he's looking on ebay i'm pretty sure he meant 2k8 and not 9
Zoinks.I guess its not his eyes that are bad
Old 10-07-08, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kidflavor
So I'm seeing these on ebay for pretty cheap. Well cheaper than Gamestop, and I currently have NBA 2k7. I personally hate the menu options and nav, but the gameplay is cool. I'm used to NBA Live but last one I had was 2002 for PS2. (yea mad old). So I wanna get a better one and debating on these two. The reviews I've read all point towards 2k8 being better. The only thing I care about is creating online seasons and leagues.
Personally, if you want the game for online play, I suggest that you purchase the 09 versions of either 2k or nba live. You aren't going to find to many games online with the 08 versions since most of the people move on with the newer games. Also, I don't know if the companies keep their server open for older games.
Old 10-08-08, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
Personally, if you want the game for online play, I suggest that you purchase the 09 versions of either 2k or nba live. You aren't going to find to many games online with the 08 versions since most of the people move on with the newer games. Also, I don't know if the companies keep their server open for older games.
Since that's just the thing. I'm not heavily into the NBA like that. I have a friend that I'd like to play this game with online. I don't want to spend $50 on a game I don't particularly care if anyone else is online with it. I know the rosters won't up exactly up to date but close enough to have fun for a game under $10.

Thanks for your input everyone!
Old 02-11-09, 10:54 AM

Re: NBA Live 2008 vs NBA 2k8

So I bought both NBA 2k7 and 2k8 and both of them suck. Local play isn't bad at all, but getting to play online on either one didn't work. I think I managed to successfully play one person on 2k7 - but both kept giving me messages about "reading the manual". It couldn't be my internet connection because I'm using a LAN line to the PS3 and not wireless.

Anyone play NBA Live 2008? How is the online leagues? Can you start one with just two human teams and still play a league/season?