Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Munsters: Complete series

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-04-08, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read the review of "The Munsters: the complete series" and the reviewer doesn't mention if the theatrical film "Munster go home" is an anamorphic transfer.

does anyone know??
Old 10-05-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
It's 1.85:1 anamorphic.
Old 10-11-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also I have The Munsters - America's First Family of Fright (Documentary) (2000) that I bought in a recent DD sale. It looks like most of the features have been ported over. Does anyone know if ALL the features have been ported over??? (and what ones are missing)
Old 02-26-14, 12:30 AM

Re: Munsters: Complete series

I know this thread is very old and I'll probably be crucified for this but I just got this set and it has an astoundingly low bitrate. 3.6 GB for 7 or 8 25 min episodes. I am posting this cause the reviews on this site speak of a "consistently high bitrate" and no compression artifacts when just the opposite happens. Night Gallery (by Universal too) isn't much better but it doesn't have the mad dct blocking this set has. I paid $22 for 12 discs so not too mad but this is worse than Mill Creek level compression.

The bottom of the box says dual layer though so maybe I bought a misprint off ebay? I don't think so cause the originals were 3 double sided single layer, right?
Old 02-26-14, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by triste realtà
I know this thread is very old and I'll probably be crucified for this but I just got this set and it has an astoundingly low bitrate. 3.6 GB for 7 or 8 25 min episodes. I am posting this cause the reviews on this site speak of a "consistently high bitrate" and no compression artifacts when just the opposite happens. Night Gallery (by Universal too) isn't much better but it doesn't have the mad dct blocking this set has. I paid $22 for 12 discs so not too mad but this is worse than Mill Creek level compression.

The bottom of the box says dual layer though so maybe I bought a misprint off ebay? I don't think so cause the originals were 3 double sided single layer, right?
It's very possible you have a bootleg set, which are exceedingly common on eBay for complete DVD sets. The single-layer DVDs are very suspicious for a television set.
Old 02-26-14, 02:24 AM

The box looks just like the universal images on amazon. If anyone would be so kind, could you look at any of your discs and see if there is just one layer code on the inner ring of the bottom? Dual layer would usually have to codes, one for L0, one for L1.
Old 02-26-14, 05:24 PM

This is starting to make me sick and I am about to file a claim. I just looked at the provider ID in pgcedit and it says (Fab8130) and there is no copy protection except for some unplayable cells. Also it's region free when the box says R1.

These things look just like Universal factory pressed and the box even has a lenticular Munsters logo.

Fab8130 is dvdfab, a program to rip dvds to computers and remove all copy protection and also to shrink them. I think the seller is clueless based on his reply. Universal gave me a standard "these are dual layer discs" reply. Anybody ever deal with a situation like this?

No wonder these were cheap.
Old 02-26-14, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by triste realtà
This is starting to make me sick and I am about to file a claim. I just looked at the provider ID in pgcedit and it says (Fab8130) and there is no copy protection except for some unplayable cells. Also it's region free when the box says R1.

These things look just like Universal factory pressed and the box even has a lenticular Munsters logo.

Fab8130 is dvdfab, a program to rip dvds to computers and remove all copy protection and also to shrink them. I think the seller is clueless based on his reply. Universal gave me a standard "these are dual layer discs" reply. Anybody ever deal with a situation like this?

No wonder these were cheap.
Yep, it sounds like you got boots. DVD boots are extremely common on eBay for television releases, most people don't know the differences between legit and boot product. Simply file a claim with Paypal or contact the seller and demand a full refund. He likely knows he's selling boots or he picked them up at a swap meet or something.
Old 02-26-14, 08:32 PM

I got an immediate full refund with the seller saying "I'm sorry this happen to you I can offer full refund" and they didn't want it shipped back (I don't want this piece of crap). But I want to alert everyone else about this cause he/she sold a lot of them. I bet ebay doesn't even care. I guess I'll just leave very negative feedback.