Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The WORST thing that [insert super villain] has ever done

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The WORST thing that [insert super villain] has ever done

I thought that this thread might be a nice companion to the severe punishment topic. Pretty simple really - you pick a random villain, and name the worst thing that they have ever done. I'm looking for some truly vile, disgusting, revolting, and despicable acts from the history of DC, Marvel... whatever!

There's obviously going to be some spoilers in here somewhere, but I'll start off with one that I had just recently read about that I thought was pretty damn terrible.

BLACK MASK - He tortured Catwoman's sister and brother in law, and then killed him and made her eat his eyeball (WTF !?!)

Your turn!
Old 10-02-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
In "The Killing Joke," The Joker
Spoiler:
shot Barbara "Batgirl" Gordon, stripped her naked, raped her, and took pictures of the whole thing. He then took Jim Gordon, her father, captive and showed him the pictures in an attempt to drive him insane. The attack left Barbara paralyzed.

I've heard it claimed that the story implies that the Joker raped Barbara in the bullet hole, but I never picked up on that at all. The story seems to strongly imply that she was raped, though it doesn't directly say it.
Old 10-02-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ahh, I was curious if the Killing Joke would be someone's choice for Joker, or if it would be the whole Jason Todd thing.
Old 10-03-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Kid Miracleman destroying London.
Old 10-03-08, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ytrez
Kid Miracleman destroying London.
Yeah. This wins my vote.
Old 10-04-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Joker. It's not The Killing Joker or NML's Baby Hostage taking, but this.

Such a bastard.
Old 10-04-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn Joker is a bastard.

Random dadaluholla challenge: What's the worst thing Lex Luthor has ever done?
Old 10-05-08, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought that the rape of Sue Dibny by Dr. Light in IDENTITY CRISIS was pretty disturbing. Her eventual murder (including burning) within the same storyline was equally gratuitous, but made for some compelling reading.

The Kid Miracleman story was also frightening, but didn't have the same impact because it's far easier to imagine the way Sue Dibny was violated than to think of some superhuman character randomly causing mayhem.
Old 10-05-08, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In some early Superman comic, some random mad scientist use gas(?) that would turn anyone that moved in the city into glass. If people moves, they would start to turn and if they kept moving they'd start to break apart.

There was a factory and they guys there started moving and the running equipment caused them to all shatter into tiny pieces.

From what I remember, the reason for doing this was to scare people and I think he went back and helped fix things at the end.
Old 10-06-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't read enough Superman to say the worst thing Lex has done, but I thought he was a super dick in his Lex miniseries where he manipulates that young Super Heroine.
Old 10-06-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doctor Doom = tryin' to keep a brotha down.
Old 10-06-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, but did Doom ever take 40 cakes?!? LEX LUTHOR - Grabbin' them cakes.

New challenge! WHAT IS THE WORST THING THAT THE GREEN GOBLIN HAS EVER DONE?
Old 10-06-08, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When Peter Parker wasn't looking, the Green Goblin knocked up Gwen Stacy. She had twins. That's as many as two ones. And that's terrible.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 10-06-08 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-24-09, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The WORST thing that [insert super villain] has ever done

Joker in the Killing Joke

He crippled Babs, took pictures of her in one of the most vulnerable positions possible, may or may not have raped her. He think kidnaps Commisioner Gordon has him stripped, and then has him go through a ride where he sees pictures of his crippled daughter. All that to prove a point that all it takes is one terrible day to drive a sane stand up man insane as Mister J.

Another of that includes Mister J as the evil mastermind.

Joker giving Lois Lane a harmful doll. It mislead Superman into believing Lois was in grave danger, and he nearly killed him out of rage. Bats stepped in, Lois wakes up, and it's a atrocious joke. What a piece of trash lowlife atrocious savage Joker is.
Old 04-24-09, 01:57 PM

Cyborg Superman The Destruction of Coast City. What a savage barbarian.

Norman infecting Peter's toothpaste so he has goblin delusions that contain some of the goblin formula. Norman attempts to make Peter accept darkness the same way he accepted it. So he kidnaps Peter, tortures him so Peter's spirit will be broken, and Peter will accept darkness which what appears to be happening for weeks. Pete solid as a rock overcomes the mind games and rejects being a heir to the Osborne Legacy, and accepting darkness. Norman is such a nefarious swine. A bitter sore loser that doesn't seem to accept rejection.
Old 04-25-09, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lemmy
I'd like to read this one....where did it happen? What issues, I mean?
I posted it comicvine of the Superman section, and I will tell you when I get the answer.

Jay Jonah Jameson Issue, after issue, after issue he continues to slander Spider Man each time like it's I hate Spider Man day. I would amaze if he would do the same to Superman who is perfect in almost every way, and represents pretty much everything admirable in a individual.

Joker Killing a fast food worker for getting his order wrong. That's as delorable as a womanbeater that beats the woman over a trival thing such as a spill.
Joker fooling Harley Quinn In their interview. Not only that he corrupted her, and has beat her like she's atrocious appaling rotten savage scumbag trash swine which is ironic when that's exactly what Joker is. I would like to see him attempt to do the same to Gigantica, Fatality, or Circe for that who would maime him with absoltue ease.
Joker putting himself in hot water situations so Batman will save the Lord of Abject Rotten Scumbag trash Mister J. I loved watching Punisher about to kill the deplorable swine in the exact way as what he is a common brutal savage criminal with no strings attached because he didn't get corrupt people, or prove some point.

Thanos misleading Silver Surfer to do his nefarious Evil Bidding. Add in he killed him, and then brought him back as a insult. What a nefarious swine.
Old 04-25-09, 05:20 PM

(DC) Dark Angel She looks like a Demon, and it's pretty much what she is. A pure evil demon that corrupts those foolish enough to summon her. She is the Bringer of Doom.

Dark Angel tortured Donna Troy by making her live multiple dismal abomidable lives including being married to a womanbeater that on a regular basis beat her.
Old 05-06-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by Firestorm
(DC) Dark Angel She looks like a Demon, and it's pretty much what she is. A pure evil demon that corrupts those foolish enough to summon her. She is the Bringer of Doom.

Dark Angel tortured Donna Troy by making her live multiple dismal abomidable lives including being married to a womanbeater that on a regular basis beat her.
The real crime was in forcing yet another, even more convoluted origin story onto Donna... as if she hasn't been through enough.
Old 05-10-09, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is pretty bad.

I have no idea what the comic writers are supposed to be showing here. I'm pretty sure a villian shoving his fist up Spidey's ass wasn't in the script. What is exploding?
Old 05-22-09, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I know Magneto has done much worse, but I really enjoyed it when he pulled all of the adamantium out of Wolverine. I know Wolverine is crazy sometimes, but what was he thinking would happen? "Let's see, I have an adamantium laced skeleton and I'm fixing to throwdown with the master of magnetism, what could possibly go wrong?"
Old 05-22-09, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And, really, isn't Sandman about the absolute last guy you'd want to be fisted by?
Old 05-23-09, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I have a hard time believing the artist didn't know what they were doing when they drew that.
Old 05-24-09, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
And, really, isn't Sandman about the absolute last guy you'd want to be fisted by?
I'm thinking this guy would be a little worse...

Old 05-25-09, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

The new hardbound book "Joker" tops The Killing Joke.

Basically The Joker is "released" from Arkham Asylum and finds out his empire has been stolen and divided. He and a "new henchman/driver" spend ONE night doing what the Joker does best...oh, and repair his broken kingdom.

Spoiler:

The first person he reunites with is tricked by The Joker at a strip club. The man goes to the special area and emerges minutes later skinned alive! Worse still, he is stumbling around the stage in plain view of everyone.

The story gets even more wicked when Two-Face literally begs Batman to help since Two-Face believes that The Jocker will actually kill one of the members of Batman's colorful rogues gallery.

Come to think of it, The Joker allows writers and artists to act out some pyschological issues.
Old 05-25-09, 02:02 PM

Norman Osborne sending out a imposter Hawkeye, Spider Man, and other super hero imposters featured in Dark Reign. Such a deplorable swine.
He's a piece of trash ghastly b@stard that continues to top himself in the last malicious sinister thing he did.

Black Manta He killed the son of Aquaman who was just a baby. So he went after a target that was young, and defenseless in every way. He showed no remorse for his savage act, and cleary shows how nefarious Black Manta even though he's been underused.

Sinestro He caused the destruction of Kilowog's homeworld. So Sinestro did exactly what happened to Superman's homeworld Krypton, however he had a choice to not destroy the Planet but still decided to blow up Kilowog's homeworld.

Kingpin He ordered the Hit of Aunt May which was successful. Such a brutal barbaric act that cleary shows Kingpin has no problem going after targets that have no chance.

Agent Orange of the Orange Lantern Corps
Agent Orange, keeper of the orange light of greed. This individual is a force to be reckoned wth. He has a ring as potent as others, but his corps consists of only one living member, himself. His "corps" are energy constructs of his victims. He commits the ultimate identity theft

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.