DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season 5 premiere 9/25/08

Patman
09-27-08, 01:43 PM
(I looked for an existing thread, but didn't find it in the past 4 pages, and used the Search function, but please merge if previous thread exists)

This 2-hour season premiere was merely enjoyable in spots, though I did enjoy the McSteamy toying with Lexi, but her devoting to George is tough to watch because I'm not sure George is worthy of much attention from anyone in the cast at this point.

Hahn and Torres - lesbians on training wheels. Whee!

Christina is so hot and cold, though I sort of enjoyed her icicle impalement. Perhaps the military triage surgeon will return later in the season, will Meredith have the patience to listen to Christine blather about her longings for the military doc?

Meredith and Derek are snooze-worthy nowadays, even if the jilted nurse got in one final jab.

Chief's got a new mission, and everyone has to step up their game, let's see how they spruce up the routine surgeries this season. Bailey's also on notice.

Alec and Izzie are so awkward because Alec still can't accept letting his guard down and letting anyone in emotionally, and Izzie is still haunted by Denny's view of her.

DJariya
09-27-08, 01:55 PM
I really liked Christina's meltdown on Meredith. I think her sentiments are right on the money with what many fans think about the Mer and Derek saga.

Everytime I hear Meredith yack on and on about her and Derek, I want to kill her.

I actually think Derek is an idiot for going back to Mer. Rose is alot hotter and not as fucking annoying. I actually chuckled when she cut him.

I can't believe that Jeffrey Dean Morgan agreed to return as Denny once again. Shona Rhimes needs to move on and stop writing flashbacks/dream sequences to bring him back.

It was good seeing Kevin McKidd again, but personally I would rather see him as Dan on Journeyman.

It was a decent premiere. Up next Addison's antics on Private Practice.

PS: Jesus, how much plastic surgery as Bernadette Peters received?

Jadzia
09-27-08, 05:01 PM
It was good seeing Kevin McKidd again, but personally I would rather see him as Dan on Journeyman.

I kept imagining his character came from the future to save that guy he trached. :D

So Christina gets impaled by a falling icicle and Merideth leaves her laying there? When there were a bunch more icicles that could fall on her?
"I'll go get help!" Yeah, Merideth, maybe you should go find someone who can help, like an ER doctor or someone! What a ditz.

Giantrobo
09-27-08, 10:17 PM
OH snap!!! This premiered already???!?!?!

Off to Hulu to catch it.

DJariya
09-27-08, 11:58 PM
OH snap!!! This premiered already???!?!?!

Off to Hulu to catch it.

Off to ABC.com you mean. ABC shows aren't on Hulu.

kiddk1
09-28-08, 04:46 AM

Man I miss journeyman

Brack
09-28-08, 08:09 PM
I enjoyed it. I think the surgery subplots are the best thing about the show, but I still like the shenanigans that all the characters manage to get into.

MrX
09-28-08, 08:17 PM
ok episode

I liked McKidd's character

I wish they would have kept Rose around.

redskull
09-28-08, 11:09 PM
Wow, serriously, impaled by an icicle? I'm sure that happens all the time. She'll be getting an arm chopped off by a helicopter blade next.

Giantrobo
09-29-08, 03:55 AM
Off to ABC.com you mean. ABC shows aren't on Hulu.

Oh ok. Thanks. :lol:

DJariya
09-29-08, 05:24 AM
Oh ok. Thanks. :lol:

Just wanted to be sure you were looking in the right place...:)

ANDREMIKE
09-29-08, 12:03 PM
I really like that military doctor. I was hoping they would cast him permanently on the show.

mdc3000
09-29-08, 01:15 PM
^I'm pretty sure they're going to bring him back...I've heard rumours of them wanting to bring him in for at least a few more eps, possibly more and judging by fan reaction, they definitely should. Kevin McKidd was easily the best part - that guy kicked ass on Rome, Journeyman and now on Grey's.

kiddk1
09-29-08, 01:24 PM
Damn, I was hoping they would bring back journeyman

magiccmom
09-29-08, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty ignorant about icicle impaling but wouldnt it have melted?

ANDREMIKE
09-29-08, 04:16 PM
The icicle was melting. It just seemed like it took forever for it to do so.. I would think being inside of a body at 98degrees and the ambient air being 74 I would of expected it to melt in less then 30 minutes(just a guess).

Patman
09-29-08, 04:22 PM
It just confirms what everyone suspected: Christine's a cold-hearted beyotch.

Superman07
12-12-08, 04:17 PM
Just catching up. Overall I thought it was pretty good.

Can't they just get on with Alex growing up? I'm getting tired of his BS asshole persona. However, that chick at the end looked attractive. Well, what we saw of her. ;)

I'm good with the Meredith and Derek storyline. She still has issues and is working through them. I'm glad it wasn't a magic switch fixed everything through 5 therapy session last year.

Cold hearted icy bitch was good.

Denny::wtf:

McKidd: :up: :up: (I miss Journeyman too :( )

Badass Chief: :up:

aktick
12-12-08, 05:04 PM
EDIT: I love you too, Superman07. ;)

Superman07
12-13-08, 10:50 AM
WTF?!? Thanks for the spoiler a$$. Why would you even put that in the S5 premier thread?? Thank you for throwing out my efforts over 4 months to stay spoiler free.

Brack
12-13-08, 11:17 AM
^^^ ha, that's some funny stuff.

aktick
12-13-08, 01:32 PM
WTF?!? Thanks for the spoiler a$$. Why would you even put that in the S5 premier thread?? Thank you for throwing out my efforts over 4 months to stay spoiler free.

Sorry. :(

It was spoiled for me just having CNN on the other day when the news came out. I didn't really give a shit with this show being the joke it is.

It's not like I told you something like Sawyer dies in the S5 premiere of Lost...oops! Sorry.