Old 09-25-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25% off SecondSpin.com on all DVD's and Cd's

For one week ends 10-2-08. Code is 25SEP8
Old 09-25-08, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny how they raised their prices on everything. I purchased American Psycho blu ray 2 weeks ago for $13.99 and now it is $15.99. No bargain at all if they throw a coupon but raise their prices.
Old 09-25-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Funny how they raised their prices on everything. I purchased American Psycho blu ray 2 weeks ago for $13.99 and now it is $15.99. No bargain at all if they throw a coupon but raise their prices.
Quite an exaggeration, and an incorrect statement.

I check my list there every day, since I have some rare OOP things on there I'd like to get, and I'm always looking to see if they've suddenly appeared.

I have about 80 things in my "Personal Favorites" list that are pretty consistently in-stock, and I just skimmed the list and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The same ones that I've been on the fence about getting are the same prices they were yesterday and last week. The same ones that are way too high are still way too high.

The prices fluctuate frequently. For example, I routinely see things go from 7.99 to 9.99 and then back again in a couple of weeks. It couldn't possibly be that they're changing prices based on supply and demand, could it? Bastards. How dare they! It must be a massive conspiracy, just like DD and their fake 20%-off sales.

Two weeks ago when the 20%-off+FS "heynow" code was active, I ordered a bunch of things that were exactly the same price they had been the week prior.

There's no reason to try to damage SecondSpin's reputation with blatantly false accusations.

In the future, don't go carelessly throwing around "they raised the prices on EVERYTHING" while providing one example. I'll provide 80 to counter yours, including:
24 Season 3 (both versions)
Ben-Hur (4-disc)
Equilibrium
Fantastic Four (Extended Edition)
Forever Knight Trilogy 1 and 2 (I think these actually dropped in price since two weeks ago, since now they're only $20, and I would have ordered them during the last 20%-off+FS sale if they were that low)
Kids in the Hall Season 3
Patriot (Extended Cut)
Rome Season 1
SNL (a bunch of Best ofs)
some Three Stooges movies
Old 09-25-08, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheato
Quite an exaggeration, and an incorrect statement.

I check my list there every day, since I have some rare OOP things on there I'd like to get, and I'm always looking to see if they've suddenly appeared.

I have about 80 things in my "Personal Favorites" list that are pretty consistently in-stock, and I just skimmed the list and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The same ones that I've been on the fence about getting are the same prices they were yesterday and last week. The same ones that are way too high are still way too high.

The prices fluctuate frequently. For example, I routinely see things go from 7.99 to 9.99 and then back again in a couple of weeks. It couldn't possibly be that they're changing prices based on supply and demand, could it? Bastards. How dare they! It must be a massive conspiracy, just like DD and their fake 20%-off sales.

Two weeks ago when the 20%-off+FS "heynow" code was active, I ordered a bunch of things that were exactly the same price they had been the week prior.

There's no reason to try to damage SecondSpin's reputation with blatantly false accusations.

In the future, don't go carelessly throwing around "they raised the prices on EVERYTHING" while providing one example. I'll provide 80 to counter yours, including:
24 Season 3 (both versions)
Ben-Hur (4-disc)
Equilibrium
Fantastic Four (Extended Edition)
Forever Knight Trilogy 1 and 2 (I think these actually dropped in price since two weeks ago, since now they're only $20, and I would have ordered them during the last 20%-off+FS sale if they were that low)
Kids in the Hall Season 3
Patriot (Extended Cut)
Rome Season 1
SNL (a bunch of Best ofs)
some Three Stooges movies

It is not an exageration or an incorrect statement either. Almost every Blu Ray is $1-$2 more expensive and the same goes for the WWE DVDs i have in my wish list.
Old 09-25-08, 09:50 PM

It is not an exageration or an incorrect statement either. Almost every Blu Ray is $1-$2 more expensive and the same goes for the WWE DVDs i have in my wish list.
They lowered the price on all the Six Feet under Sets I have been watching.
Old 09-25-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything I've had my eye on is still the same price.
Old 09-25-08, 10:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Actually, by saying "they raised the prices on everything" when others have just shown it to be untrue then it is truely an exaggeration and incorrect statement.

Now if you had just stated what you put in your response "Almost every Blu Ray is $1-$2 more expensive and the same goes for the WWE DVDs i have in my wish list", that would have been perfectly fine.
Old 09-26-08, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
does this include HD's and Blu's?
Old 09-26-08, 03:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I wasn't even aware of the "Personal Favorites" list function! If nothing else, this thread has clued me in to that, and now I can track the stuff I want and check it during sales.
Old 09-26-08, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by cinemaphile
I wasn't even aware of the "Personal Favorites" list function! If nothing else, this thread has clued me in to that, and now I can track the stuff I want and check it during sales.
Also, at wherehouse.com (same company, same used inventory) there is a wishlist feature where you can be notified when they get a used item in stock.
Old 09-26-08, 07:07 AM

About half of the WWF/E items I've been looking at rose ~$1 in price.

I can still get excellent deals there...just picked up WWF Divas Tropical Pleasure for $12.21. Now if they ever get any of Vengeance 2002 or Divas in Hedonism in.
Old 09-27-08, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nearly everything in my Personal Favorites remained the same price. Though they did lower the sale price for the Escape From New York Collector's Edition even further. Appears to be heavily overstocked.
Old 09-27-08, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
Also, at wherehouse.com (same company, same used inventory) there is a wishlist feature where you can be notified when they get a used item in stock.
Technically secondspin.com also has the same wishlist feature (although the "notify" function of it doesn't seem to work). If you use the same urls for adding items and accessing the wishlist as you would on wherehouse.com, you can do exactly the same things on secondspin.

It's kind of interesting how secondspin.com, wherehouse.com, and spun.com are all pretty close to the same site, just with different portions enabled or disabled.
Old 09-27-08, 09:45 PM
Web
Cool New Member

I'm pretty sure they're all drawing from the same stock of used merchandise.
Old 09-27-08, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Web
I'm pretty sure they're all drawing from the same stock of used merchandise.
Not quite -- secondspin.com and wherehouse.com have the same stock. Spun.com (and fye.com as well) differ in stock (and often price) as well.