Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me price this?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a MINT Pioneer Elite CRT 53" Projection Tv. Its the PRO 530HD. It has been ISF calibrated. I have a few ppl interested. Can some direct me to where I can find a fair value/price for it. I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone or vise versa so if anyone can direct me to some info it would really help me. I tried ebay and craigs list and nothing.
Old 09-23-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Larry C.
I have a MINT Pioneer Elite CRT 53" Projection Tv. Its the PRO 530HD. It has been ISF calibrated. I have a few ppl interested. Can some direct me to where I can find a fair value/price for it. I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone or vise versa so if anyone can direct me to some info it would really help me. I tried ebay and craigs list and nothing.
I have no idea, really, and I'm not sure if this helps, but I did a Google search for that model number and found a place that's selling that unit for ~$3100. I'm assuming theirs is either new or a refurb, but almost certainly hasn't been ISF calibrated.

Don't know if you have already, but you might try asking around at AVS, too.
Old 09-23-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks bud. Yea I gonna go to AVS. But $3100 thats crazy with all the new technology out now. I have a friend that was interested but un sure and I thought $1000 was borderline. hmmm time to keep searching...
Old 09-23-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Thanks bud. Yea I gonna go to AVS. But $3100 thats crazy with all the new technology out now. I have a friend that was interested but un sure and I thought $1000 was borderline. hmmm time to keep searching...
Yeah, that's the trouble with looking for prices online. I've got an old Toshiba projector that I think I picked up for, like, $1500 new -- over 6 years ago. There are still sites out there which list it for $16-1700!

Honestly, $1000 sounds like a pretty fair price. The new tech is your big competitor, sure, but an ISF'd 1080i Elite series set? I think people would still be hard pressed to find a better picture that size and with the build quality of your set, for the same amount.
Old 09-23-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I think you're correct about your $1000 borderline price. Most people willing to buy older tech probably won't care it's been ISF calibrated. You might get lucky and find someone who prefers CRT.

I got rid of my Toshiba 57H83 RPTV this year and I was lucky to get $400 for it, and it had been meticulously cared for and re-calibrated regularly. The person that bought it just wanted a "big screen".
Old 09-23-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I think you're correct about your $1000 borderline price. Most people willing to buy older tech probably won't care it's been ISF calibrated. You might get lucky and find someone who prefers CRT.

I got rid of my Toshiba 57H83 RPTV this year and I was lucky to get $400 for it, and it had been meticulously cared for and re-calibrated regularly. The person that bought it just wanted a "big screen".
Yep. Exactly why I'd stay away from trying to sell it on a site like CraigsList. People generally go there with the express intention of getting something for nothing, so it's next to impossible to sell things for their actual value. I guess most people are like that anyway, though. Hopefully the folks who are already interested will appreciate its actual value and pay what it's worth.
Old 09-23-08, 01:14 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I had a poor college kid looking for a TV come to my garage sale that wouldn't take a CRT set off my hands for free, it might as well have been a typewriter.
Old 09-23-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Tell me about it. I have an 8 year old 36" tube tv I want to get out of my basement and I can't even give it away. And with the digital thing coming I might as well put it out by the curb.