Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Ex-List

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ex-List

I am always excited about the Fall because of all the new shows that are gearing up to start. As much as I love my reality television, its nice to see this new show "The Ex-List" which will be premiering on October 3rd. It stars Elizabeth Reiser (Grey's Anatomy) and Rachel Boston (American Dreams) and it looks hilarious. The show is about a girl named Bella, who is trying to find her soul mate. The only catch is – she’s already met him sometime in her past. Glad to see some good, old-fashioned comedies coming back on television!

Last edited by fernsita; 09-22-08 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-04-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So did anyone watch the premiere on Friday? I honestly wasn't expecting much from this show, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed the pilot.

I adored Rachel Boston as her sister, and I thought the subplot about her other friend's shaved pubic hilarious.

It doesn't seem like this show is getting much attention and it is on Friday night so I am afraid it won't last. Definitely my favorite new show of the season so far!
Old 10-04-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
even if it is a good show will the Friday time slot kill its chance of surviving cancellation?
Old 10-04-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate the lead chick...she has such a sharp nose, weird teeth and manly voice that I only lasted half an episode... I didn't like her much on Grey's but she wasn't in every scene... this was just charmless and pretty terrible. out.
Old 10-04-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have it on my Tivo as my buddy is a series regular, but I haven't gotten around to watching it as I still need to play a lot of catchup as I was out of the house for over a week.
Old 10-05-08, 12:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I , too, was not expecting much but I gotta say I was thoroughly entertained. It was smart, funny (the pubic hair scene was hilarious) and actually held my interest. But yeah, it being on friday's does not bode well.
Old 10-05-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Definitely better than I thought it would be. The dialog was good, it had a sharp tinge to it, though the lead said SHUT UP way too often.
Old 10-05-08, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was great and it isn't the type of show I would normally watch. The comedy was hilarious. The actor that played the singer (Eric Balfour) was a riot and the lyrics had me laughing out loud, which is rare.
Old 10-06-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
My wife enjoyed this quite a bit, so I watched it last night.

Not bad.

Me likey Elizabeth Reiser.

Rachel Boston is still hot as hell, but she needs to eat a BLT or two.
Old 10-06-08, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
So did anyone watch the premiere on Friday? I honestly wasn't expecting much from this show, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed the pilot.

I adored Rachel Boston as her sister, and I thought the subplot about her other friend's shaved pubic hilarious.

It doesn't seem like this show is getting much attention and it is on Friday night so I am afraid it won't last. Definitely my favorite new show of the season so far!

I LOVED Racehl Boston too! She plays that role of her sister so great! Not too ditzy, but fun! When she was doing those stretches/exercises in the lawn, I was cracking up!
Old 10-10-08, 05:20 PM

BUMP*** Anyone going to tune in tonight? I can't even imagine who she is going to be running into this time from her past...
Old 10-11-08, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eps have been pretty good so far.. Writing is pretty good and the cast works really well together, no one seems really out of place..

judging from the lack of posts about it here, I'm guessing it's been pitched too much as a chick tv show and not finding that many viewers? The theme is a female dating but it's not your typical whiny "Why doesn't he like me?!??" stuff like you find on say Greys Anatomy.
Old 10-11-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
"B!tch ! Left me on my birthday..."

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
Eps have been pretty good so far.. Writing is pretty good and the cast works really well together, no one seems really out of place..
Agree...for me a surprise fave of the new crop of shows. Love Reaser, and the supporting cast clicks.

This show and LIFE is making for a good nite for TV viewing.
Old 10-11-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Nice concept. I had no idea who this lady was until....EVA!...ugh. That crosses it off for me right there. If this show gets cancelled hopefully that doesn't mean the psych ward will be missing a patient...
Old 10-11-08, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Solid second episode. I really like that the writers show little mercy on the characters. The volleyball game with the mouth full of sand had me laughing.
Old 10-11-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed the second episode, although the writing/dialogue did not seem as sharp as the pilot. I did find the Googling exes subplot to be entertaining.

One thing that struck me as odd was in the previous episode in 1999 she looked the same in the flashback when she was dating the punk guy, but in this episode in 1996 she looked punk when she was dating the normal guy. That just seemed odd that her look would change so much in 3 years and did not seem to jibe continuity-wise.
Old 10-11-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jadzia
One thing that struck me as odd was in the previous episode in 1999 she looked the same in the flashback when she was dating the punk guy, but in this episode in 1996 she looked punk when she was dating the normal guy. That just seemed odd that her look would change so much in 3 years and did not seem to jibe continuity-wise.
Eh, she was in college - still learning who she was.

Surprisingly, this is one of the best new shows of the season.

Cast has very good chemistry for a new show - always a good sign.
Old 10-15-08, 02:32 PM

I really enjoyed the second episode too! I was afraid it wouldn't be as funny, but I found it even funnier! Elizabeth is definitely growing on my more and more. There is just something about her... My roommate told me that tomorrow is National "Ex-Day:. I guess CBS is teaming up with 1-800-Flowers and you are supposed to send flowers to your ex...haah! How awkward, but I am secretly so tempted to do that!
Old 10-28-08, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/10/...ust-in-cb.html

The Ex-List has been cancelled.
Old 10-28-08, 01:00 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Teaches them right for canceling Moonlight.
Old 10-28-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

But if this show lasts like 5 years...wont people start to realize that this woman was extremely slutty?

D
Old 10-28-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My wife is going to be pissed. She loves this show. I didn't think it was half bad, mostly because I liked the cast.
Old 10-28-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I gave the first two episodes a shot. I liked everything about it except the premise. To start with it's just about dating and even if it's not typical over dramatic dating BS that's not really something I find innately interesting. They can dress it up with interesting characters and ironic twists all they want but seeing her hook up with an old flame and get dumped/dump the guy got old after one and half episodes.
Old 10-28-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really adored the pilot but found the subsequent episodes not quite as engaging. Something that bugged me is the way she would randomly run into all these Exes every single week. I can see it happening once, but it started happening every week. Even the stray cat she found belonged to an EX (and i don't think she ever met him because she was dating a different Ex that week.)

Would have been more interesting if she actually had to seek them out. Would have liked at least one to be happily married and tell her to go away.
Old 10-28-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WOO HOO! I don't usually flat out root for shows to fail, but I hated this one and the lead...so I'm happy...and I loved Moonlight so it serves CBS fucking right.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.