Ted McGinley

Photobucket

Toni Braxton

Photobucket

Warren Sapp
Old 09-22-08, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I haven't watched since season 2, but I am actually really looking forward to this.
Old 09-22-08, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yay!!!! My favorite show is back. Next week is supposed to be a double elimination which sucks.
Old 09-22-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seriously, if the ratings go on the wane, it's all due to them casting Ted McGinley for this season.
Old 09-22-08, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally! I was suffering Photoshop lens flare withdrawals.
Old 09-22-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I caught a funny commercial on ESPN yesterday that was clearly tailored to the male demographic. It was of Edyta, Karina, Kym, etc. all gyrating slowly while "Girls, Girls, Girls" played. At the end of the commercial it was a shot of Cloris Leachman blowing kisses to the camera
Old 09-22-08, 02:53 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched and voted for season 5, I just don't see myself doing it ever again. But maybe they will pick another celeb some day that will make me watch and vote again.
Old 09-22-08, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go Julianne
Old 09-22-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

With Toni Braxton's heart condition and Cloris Leachman's age..they better keep an ambulance close by.

82 is just too old...unless of course she does a split or a death drop, in that case I will be impressed!
Old 09-22-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I was actually lucky enough to see Toni's Las Vegas show a few months before she was diagnosed with her heart condition and forced to quit. I'm sure she will do just fine with whatever medication she's taking.
Old 09-22-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have no interest in this show. I'm only posting here to say that when I read the thread title, it said "Danzig with the Stars". Now, THAT is a show I would watch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-22-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I was actually lucky enough to see Toni's Las Vegas show a few months before she was diagnosed with her heart condition and forced to quit. I'm sure she will do just fine with whatever medication she's taking.
I'm a big fan of hers too. The person here who called Toni a has-been should be shot! Her last album went gold with little airplay and she has one of the biggest songs of all time (Unbreak My Heart), multi-platinum albums, Grammy wins, etc.

I like the pic above of Karina. Clearly, she's saying I'm the star here.
Old 09-22-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Surprise in a good way---- Warren Sapp
Surprise in a bad way------Susan Lucci (I expected way better from her)
Everyone else was about what I would expect...really enjoyed Lance and Lacey, and Toni Braxton and Alex.

Oh and these women's bodies? Makes me feel like a different species.
Old 09-22-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What is it about them always giving Maksim physically imposing female partners? Misty has a remarkable physique (you can't really tell while she's on the beach doing her thing, but on the dance floor, it's another story).

Susan Lucci looked like she was dancing on rice paper, that wasn't fun to watch. Tony seems to be paired with such women of middle age.

Brooke got overscored on her hip moves because she didn't really move well on the floor, just her hips.

I fear for Cloris's health, but loved her segment all the way through to her reaction to the scoring.

Warren's a big teddy bear who can dance. Finally Kym gets a partner who's got lots of strength to do the tough moves and tricks.

Ted won't fare as well on the latin dances, I suspect.

Lance will focus on razzle-dazzle, but his eyes were always looking in the same direction, which was off-putting.

Jeffrey will be going home this week, too bad for Edyta.

Kim seemed to be playing clumsy in her vid segment, but wasn't as clumsy during her dance, but still a bit stiff on the floor. Mark has his work cut out for him.

Will check out Toni, Cody, Maurice, Rocco later.
Old 09-22-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mmmmmm, Lacey (Lance's partner) is all kinds of hot.
Old 09-22-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's probably killing Lacey that Lance is not into her...in that way.
Old 09-23-08, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lance learning chereography for N' Sync definitely puts him in an advantage despite what he says. I didn't care for Lacey's cha cha and I knew they would get hit for straying too far from a traditional cha cha.

Toni looked really good. Hope she lasts a few weeks.

Mark always has very interesting chereography. His partner, Kim, is very attractive but seems as shallow as Paris Hilton.

Love that Cloris. She had me laughing hysterically I was crying. I wish she was my grandmother. She's gotta stay in the competition.

Not good for Jeffrey getting a scratched cornea by being poked in the eye by Edyta. OUCH!

Susan Lucci was just too stiff. If she doesn't get eliminated right off the bat, I know she going to improve a lot.

Watching Warren dance was loads of fun. He'll be interesting to watch for sure.

Forget about Lance dancing with a man. I thought Maks was dancing with a man tonight.

OK. Great start. The playing field looks more even this year.
Old 09-23-08, 08:35 AM

As soon as I saw Lance/Lacey's cha cha, I knew Len would hate it. And I wish she would have worn high-heeled boots. However, I thought it was a good dance.

Jeffrey Ross is a worse dancer than Adam Corolla, and not nearly as funny. Poor Edyta for being stuck with him, but hey, at least she got an eye scratch in!

I think Rocco got robbed a bit on his scores. He wasn't that bad. He some little leaps and turns that were pretty good.

This Cody kid isn't long for this competition. He's a decent dancer, but he's boring as drywall.

Ted McGinley was OK, but looked scared out of his mind.

Susan Lucci is munchkin small! She looked like she would snap in half out there. I was worried more for her than Toni or Cloris.

Keep Cloris Leachman on for at least a month. Knowing that the censor guys are fretting over what she'll say is fun! She's hilarous.

Kim Kardashian may be a vapid thing, but she is pretty. Her dancing was fair.

Misty May and Maurice Greene were solid. If Maurice cand channel his energy, he could go far. He has lots of personality going for him.

Both Toni Braxton and Brooke Burke looked good. I'll give Toni the edge because of her musiciality and having a bigger fanbase. Brooke will need to bring it up in the charm department, but she's a good dancer.

If Warren Sapp can drop 15-20 lbs. over the next few weeks to improve his overall frame, he wins this contest. The man can move! He reminds me of Emmitt Smith--a cute teddy bear of a man with a great smile, charming personality, and solid dance moves.

Last edited by Burgundy LaRue; 09-23-08 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-23-08, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Toni Braxton is so beautiful. I didn't even know she had a heart condition. Is it serious?
Old 09-23-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
Toni Braxton is so beautiful. I didn't even know she had a heart condition. Is it serious?
Originally Posted by Toni Braxton Wiki
It was announced by Associated Press on May 29, 2008 that the remaining dates for Toni Braxton Revealed have been cancelled. The show was scheduled to end August 2008. A hotel official said that doctors advised Braxton to take the rest of the time off to concentrate on her health. The singer suffered from heart aggravated problems resulting from the birth of her second child, which endangered the walls of her heart. Braxton was confirmed to be doing well later next month, when TMZ cameras caught her outside a restaurant. Braxton says she is doing much better and thanks the support of her fans.
Along with:

She suffers from pericarditis, an inflammation of the lining of the heart. Because of the pericarditis, her heart flutters now. Also, last year Braxton found out that she also had high blood pressure: 160/105 without medication. Now she takes a beta-blocker to lower it and walks on a treadmill at least 20 minutes a day. She also tries to resist her salty favorite foods, like burgers with bacon. Instead she opts for "vinegary salads," asparagus and low-sodium chicken and jambalaya soups.

Apparently pericarditis is treatable and she is most likely fine by now.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-23-08 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-23-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue
I think Rocco got robbed a bit on his scores. He wasn't that bad. He some little leaps and turns that were pretty good.
I agree. I was surprised his scores were that low. At first I though they were just going to be grading everyone hard since it is the first episode, but then later people who were much worse than him got higher scores. I am not even a Rocco fan, but I ended up voting for him due to this. I think it would be unfair if he got eliminated right away. I am actually looking forward to seeing him improve over the next few weeks.

Susan Lucci looked like she was going to break a hip out there. I thought it was hilarious when Carrie told her to put on some weight, as I was thinking the same thing.

On the other side of the coin, Cheryl Burke needs to step away from the craft services table. She got huge! And I wonder why they keep dressing her in those unflattering outfits that always show her lower back. That is just not a good look if you have a few extra pounds.

I am going to have a hard time telling that Cody kid apart from Julianne Hough's brother. They look exactly alike, even the weird eyebrows.
Old 09-23-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
On the other side of the coin, Cheryl Burke needs to step away from the craft services table. She got huge! And I wonder why they keep dressing her in those unflattering outfits that always show her lower back. That is just not a good look if you have a few extra pounds.

Did she run over (or sit on ) your dog or something? You rip on her and her weight every single season. I'd don't care, but it's pretty funny, particularly from a woman.

Warren was a very nice surprise. He was definitely fun to watch and it doesn't hurt that he has Kym as a partner, who wears next to nothing.

And what's up with Brooke Burke wearing pants? Honey, you're famous because of your looks. If you got it, flaunt it, particularly if you want to get love from the viewers.

Misty May looks no better cleaned up. I still over everyone over her last month.

Bye bye Jeffrey, which means bye bye Edyta.

Last edited by Red Dog; 09-23-08 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-23-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Did she run over (or sit on ) your dog or something? You rip on her and her weight every single season. I'd don't care, but it's pretty funny, particularly from a woman.

I have not liked Cheryl since I started watching a few seasons back. I came in after she had already won twice and she just came off as being sort of full of herself. She always seemed to have kind of a bitchface on when she was waiting for her scores.

I have noticed she ALWAYS wears dresses that have the lower back exposed and it is just not a flattering look at all. Her weight is fine for a normal person, but for a professional dancer she looks very heavy to me, even moreso this season. I am not a fan of her dancing either, it always looks exaggerated to me, like she is trying to make her partner look worse rather than better.

I like all the other pro dancers, especially Julianne, but Cheryl just brings out the cattiness in me.
Old 09-23-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Misty May looks no better cleaned up. I still over everyone over her last month.
I love Misty, but I think Kerri Walsh is much prettier and I over all the guys who over Misty and not Kerri.

If I was a guy (or a lebian), I'd probably do well since I always prefer the girls that guys don't seem to.
Old 09-23-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kerri's too gangly looking (too tall), but Misty has a bulldog mentality that comes through on her face during "competition".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.