Entourage - "The All Out Fall Out" - 9/21/08

Old 09-21-08, 12:50 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Entourage - "The All Out Fall Out" - 9/21/08

"The All Out Fall Out"
Spoiler:
To avoid bankruptcy, Vince takes Shauna's and his accountant's advice by agreeing to make an appearance at a not-so-sweet-sixteen bash. After a fast and furious drag race in his new Ferrari, Ari ups the ante with Andrew Davies. Still devastated by his breakup, Drama befriends a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue.
Old 09-21-08, 02:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a great filler episode...Can't wait!
Old 09-21-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
"The All Out Fall Out"
Spoiler:
After a fast and furious drag race in his new Ferrari, Ari ups the ante with Andrew Davies.

Spoiler:
It was more of a wink to "Against All Odds"
Old 09-21-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I liked it. I missed last weeks but my friend had it recorded so I was able to catch up. This show is definitely better seeing it on DVD. Seeing only 30 minutes per week is excruciating.
Old 09-21-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved the Ari/Davies conflict. Great episode. Next week looks like the ball is really going to get rolling plot wise.
Old 09-22-08, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fave moments were Ari bitch slapping Davies, and Drama drunk singing (and since that song is so damn catchy, i even added it to my mp3 player

Last edited by Rypro 525; 09-22-08 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-22-08, 12:27 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
"Lloyd, you speak their language. Make them stop"

Drunk Drama was great as well.
Old 09-22-08, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Drama's projectile vomit on the cake brought it all home. I'm not sure what I thought of Ari's crossing of swords with Davies, on one hand, sure, it added to Ari's reckless blowhard persona, on the other hand, it was far too juvenile to take seriously on other levels.
Old 09-22-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
"Lloyd, you speak their language. Make them stop"

Drunk Drama was great as well.

That was a hilarious prank.
Old 09-22-08, 10:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I was hoping that the prank thing would go on a bit longer - that elements of it would be sprinkled throughout the season.
Old 09-22-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
I expected Davies to sucker punch Ari after he apologized. Mediocre episode, street race was ridiculous, glad to see the accountant back, and, I guess Shauna too.
Old 09-22-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really wish we got to see the full picture Mrs. Ari load.

Other than that, decent filler. The he-bitch-man-slap was AWESOME.

-Doc
Old 09-22-08, 11:36 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah not a bad filler episode

didn;t actually like the ari stuff
Old 09-22-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"Maybe that's why I'm still alone."

"Maybe it's because you're f---ing ugly."

Filler, but great filler.
Old 09-22-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 842 Likes on 588 Posts
Definitely a filler episode, but fun enough.

It was mentioned again this episode... Aquaman was the highest grossing film of all time. Realism definitely isn't one of the shows strengths. It's also even more ridiculous that only 2 years (and 1 bombed film) after starring in the "highest grossing film of all time" he's reduced to doing guest appearances at Sweet 16 birthday parties since no studios are interested in him.
Old 09-22-08, 09:03 PM

Why is it so bad that Aquaman was the highest grossing film of all time? It never said otherwise... We know it had the highest opening weekend (at the time), but there is no reason it couldnt have gone on to gross more than Titanic... it just wasnt brought to our attention when it did. It now has been plenty of time so that in their world, it could have passed Titanic... now we know, that it apparently did.
Old 09-22-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I was kind of mixed about this one. The car race I found to be a bit silly, but the bitch slap that we got pretty much made it worth it. I could have done without the Drama vomit as well. Drama has always been one of the bigger characters, and at times I think they have almost taken him too far this season. But all in all I've been pretty happy so far this season.
Old 09-23-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Great Scott! Gugino sightings two weeks in a row. I hope they keep that up.

Ari's storming around his old stomping grounds was great.
Old 09-23-08, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coral
Definitely a filler episode, but fun enough.

It was mentioned again this episode... Aquaman was the highest grossing film of all time. Realism definitely isn't one of the shows strengths. It's also even more ridiculous that only 2 years (and 1 bombed film) after starring in the "highest grossing film of all time" he's reduced to doing guest appearances at Sweet 16 birthday parties since no studios are interested in him.
It's not just the bombed film, but his behavior that is stopping him from getting roles. No one wants to hire someone who's just laid box office poison AND is difficult to work with.

That's the whole point of this season, if he wants work Chase will have to learn humility.
Old 09-23-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AQUAMAN may hae been the highest grossing film of all time, but he walked away from AQUAMAN 2. That's reason enough for the studios not wanting to deal with him.
Old 09-23-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
How about E making a deal for a big studio picture? He can rub this in Ari's face. How much do you want to bet that it wins oscars?
Old 09-23-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 842 Likes on 588 Posts
Aquaman doesn't strike me as a comic book superhero people go nuts over even if it was a good movie. The more popular superhero's couldn't draw enough to beat Titanic, I don't see how Aquaman could. Plus the demographics heavily favor Titanic. The discussions been done many times in the Movie forum, so I won't rehash it here.

Vince turning down A2 would piss off 1 studio, but it wouldn't turn off all the studios - especially if he's a bankable star. Money comes first to these studios. Vince isn't even hard to work with - he gets along great with his directors and people in the business for the most part - even if he doesn't fully play the Hollywood game. There are actors who are MUCH harder to work with that are able to still land major roles - and they never starred in the highest boxoffice film.

I think they just ran out of ideas so they need to get Vince to start from scratch again because there's nowhere left to go.

I know it's just a show - it just strikes me as unrealistic. In spite of this, I'll continue to watch as it can be fairly entertaining.
Old 09-23-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Coral
Aquaman doesn't strike me as a comic book superhero people go nuts over even if it was a good movie. The more popular superhero's couldn't draw enough to beat Titanic, I don't see how Aquaman could. Plus the demographics heavily favor Titanic. The discussions been done many times in the Movie forum, so I won't rehash it here.
Here's some breaking news: Entourage isn't real life. They know that the idea of an Aquaman movie is incredibly stupid, hence the joke that its such a big movie.

Vince turning down A2 would piss off 1 studio, but it wouldn't turn off all the studios - especially if he's a bankable star. Money comes first to these studios. Vince isn't even hard to work with - he gets along great with his directors and people in the business for the most part - even if he doesn't fully play the Hollywood game. There are actors who are MUCH harder to work with that are able to still land major roles - and they never starred in the highest boxoffice film.
Don't forget that Harvey also refuses to work with them. Oh and Bob Ryan.

I think they just ran out of ideas so they need to get Vince to start from scratch again because there's nowhere left to go.
Exactly. He's made the big movie so they decided to take him down a peg for the story. Of course its unrealistic that the guy in Aquaman couldn't land a role anymore, but for the story arcs sakes it better than him finding a mediocre project like a normal actor would.
Old 09-23-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Why is it so bad that Aquaman was the highest grossing film of all time?
It's a well known fact that Jace and Jayna were created so people would stop saying Aquaman was the lamest superhero ever.
Old 09-23-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
People are forgetting that they had James Cameron direct Aquaman. Although yeah, I thought it a little weird when they keep saying it's #1 of all time. Anyway, apparently Cameron said that his condition for appearing on the show was that the movie he directed be a success.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.