Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

What's new at CH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
What's new at CH?

It's been a good year and a half since I last opened an account and I applied for a new one today so I can hopefully take advantage of the current B1G1 Blu Ray promotion. So, I was wondering if any of you CH veterans could help fill me in on the changes that have taken place since then. The main thing I'm looking to do is to build up my blu ray collection and at the same time pick up a few other DVDs that I somehow never picked up in my hundreds of previous CH accounts.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-16-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It remains difficult to use CH accounts to buy Blu-ray Discs because one still has to buy a bunch of SD DVDs to enroll. However, there is a new BD enrollment deal reported here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8941691-post22.html

While the current B1G1F promotion for BDs is a decent deal for fulfilling, as long as it lasts, it is not a good deal for a fulfilled account. B1G1F with free shipping would be a bit better, but the fact remains that one would still be paying a high price to buy BDs on a fulfilled account.

Some changes in the last year:

Funcash became even more worthless than it was before. I won't bother to explain why.

B1G1F with free shipping sale offers are less common but can still be found, with patience.

B1G1F BD offers have started to appear on rare occasions.

The entry of sale offer codes has changed, as is mentioned in a separate thread on the subject.

The least expensive SD DVD enrollment code is now a 1:1:5 delayed enrollment selections code, B9V. More of a hassle, but less expensive than a standard 7:2 code. But with only one fulfillment required it might not be the best for someone looking primarily for BDs.

I'm sure others can come up with other changes in the last year, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Last edited by lizard; 09-16-08 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-16-08, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a good update. I'm thinking of joining again, so this is helpful to me also. Thanks.
Old 09-16-08, 09:21 PM

Thanks Lizard, I knew you'd come through! Maybe the CH bug will get to me again and I'll be back in here helping you answer all these questions again.

What about shipping charges on Blu Ray, or all DVD's for that matter. Still $3.99 + (was it $1.99...or $.99...hell, I completely forget)

Thanks for the replies, it's a shame the FAQ hasn't been updated in decades.
Old 09-16-08, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Galt
Thanks Lizard, I knew you'd come through! Maybe the CH bug will get to me again and I'll be back in here helping you answer all these questions again.

What about shipping charges on Blu Ray, or all DVD's for that matter. Still $3.99 + (was it $1.99...or $.99...hell, I completely forget)

Thanks for the replies, it's a shame the FAQ hasn't been updated in decades.
1-2 disc sets
First Selection................... $2.99
Each Additional Selection.. $1.99

3 disc sets
$5.99 each

4 disc sets
$6.99 each

5 disc sets or more
$7.99 each
Old 09-17-08, 11:03 AM

Just got approved for 2 accounts, time to go to work!!