Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Breakin' Up - Rilo Kiley: The Music Video

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 04:03 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey folks,

I'm a huge fan of Rilo Kiley, though maybe not as big as some. I went to see them in Austin a few months back and loved it immensely. Before then I had been playing More Adventurous and Under the Blacklight non-stop all year.

This summer my friends and I decided to do something with our time one week and we came together and made this. I'm a pretty big fan of the band, they put on a heck of a show. In between incessant Bruce Springteen listening (and 8 shows) last semester, their stuff was pretty much the only constant on my iPod. It sprung from a conversation I had with a friend of mine on a long drive from Texas to Disneyworld and a couple months later here we are.

At any rate, I'm pretty proud of it and I think that everyone in it did an amazing job. I'd like some different perspective on it though and so if you wouldn't mind taking a look at it, I'd love to share it with you. Let me know your comments and critiques. And if you love it, please share with friends, maybe we can start a movement. Thanks, guys!

Note: Please click "WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" before watching it on youtube. It looks much better that way, the other way leaves much to be desired. Thanks!

<lj-embed id="40">
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGnJYMRC9NE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGnJYMRC9NE&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
</lj-embed>
Old 09-15-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Lost me when the guy started dancing with the girls. Everything in the video has been done dozens of times before with much better actors.