Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles---"Automatic for the People"---9/15/08

Old 09-15-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles---"Automatic for the People"---9/15/08

Terminator

Synopsis for Monday's episode

Spoiler:

Sarah and Cameron take it upon themselves to investigate a nuclear power plant. John becomes less enthusiastic about academics, but flourishes socially with the help of a new friend. Meanwhile, Catherine Weaver (Shirley Manson) gains another piece of the puzzle for her pet project.

Old 09-15-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Damn, Busy Phillips is super pregnant.

Oh yeah, guns, robots!
Old 09-15-08, 08:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Summer Glau looked uber hot in this episode. deeeaaaam.
Old 09-15-08, 09:03 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 899 Likes on 760 Posts
anyone else think this was a very bad episode?
Old 09-15-08, 09:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
who's the blonde all the way on the right in that cast photo in Post 1?
Old 09-15-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
who's the blonde all the way on the right in that cast photo in Post 1?
Did you watch tonight's episode?
Old 09-15-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this episode was pretty damn solid...Summer looked hot and New Girl looks like Emilie De Ravin's younger (hotter) sister or something...wonder what her deal is.
Old 09-15-08, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1598
no
Old 09-15-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Though I don't think it was smart for John to bring ANYONE into their new house, and I laughed out loud when in the first five minutes after all they've been through, Sarah tells John he should go to school. That was kinda a plot contrivance. And the move into a house surrounded by windows? And the blood writing on the wall at the end? I didn't get that.

Soooo...were they inferring that John and the new blonde slept together? And what was up with her "apples and carrots" comment and her giving him that robot? There is certainly more going on with her than meets the eye.

Cool to see the terminator gaining free will.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 09-16-08 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-15-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thought it was a pretty good as well but Sarah Connor was the weaklink IMO.

Maybe I'm thinking it through too much but...

Spoiler:
I think the new girl is a Resistance Soldier; she makes him a lego Robot, is new and sleeps over at his house; there's too much there.
Old 09-16-08, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by gmanca
Thought it was a pretty good as well but Sarah Connor was the weaklink IMO.

Maybe I'm thinking it through too much but...

Spoiler:
I think the new girl is a Resistance Soldier; she makes him a lego Robot, is new and sleeps over at his house; there's too much there.
Spoiler:
Maybe she's John's daughter from the future, and since they slept together and she gets knocked up by him, she's also her own mother.
Old 09-16-08, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was ok. I just hope they don't do to many other -bad guy of the week- eps. I would rather see store lines about who/how they are building skynet then just falling back on it being yet another terminator doing something random.

but last season had a few like that also, like the one about the terminator stock piling metal for after judgement day. That was a one and out ep too.

It was also a good idea to heal up Summer quickly, can't really have your hot terminator walking around like Frankenstein.
Old 09-16-08, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Good episode. After a slam/bang premiere, it's not surprising that they went to a slower paced episode. However, I did enjoy Cameron beating the shit out of Ryan Chapelle...I mean Paul Schulze.

Summer Glau looked really sexy in that Leopard skin top and mini-skirt. I liked the new girl (Riley) who is in my 1st post. Not sure about her long-term significance to the show.

The preview for next week look damn cool.

I'm predicting 6.5-7M viewers for this week's episode.
Old 09-16-08, 04:47 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
no, just you.
Old 09-16-08, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I liked the new girl (Riley) who is in my 1st post. Not sure about her long-term significance to the show.
Seeing as how she's in the promo picture, I'd say she's at least long term for the season. TV.com has her listed in the starring section (as opposed to recurring roles or guest stars). I realize that tv.com isn't always correct and not a favorite site around here, but it's generally right more than it's wrong I've found.
Old 09-16-08, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I thought for sure the nuke plant guy would be the T1000 and not a T800
Old 09-16-08, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this episode was pretty good. Summer looked pretty hot as usual, and I liked the new Riley character. I thought it was odd that he just met her in high school and she spent the night that night. She also avoided the question about her parents.

She either has to be a resisitance fighter or a terminator. Right now, I'm leaning resistance fighter, but I could be swayed.
Old 09-16-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I thought it was ok. I just hope they don't do to many other -bad guy of the week- eps. I would rather see store lines about who/how they are building skynet then just falling back on it being yet another terminator doing something random.
Ep was pretty good but I didn't read it as another terminator doing something random. I thought the whole point was to make sure that skynet gained control of the plant so the resistance couldn't use it. It was a win/win situation for skynet: either the terminator causes a meltdown which takes out half the state or, the T-1000 gains control over the plant. Seems like they're showing how skynet gets control of everything one piece at a time.
Old 09-16-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I thought this episode was pretty damn solid...Summer looked hot and New Girl looks like Emilie De Ravin's younger (hotter) sister or something...wonder what her deal is.
I thought it was her at first. I sort of half-assed watched this episode as I set up my new 52" HDTV, so I didn't get the full gist of the episode. It sure looked damn nice though.

Ryan Chapelle was not a very convincing Terminator.
Old 09-16-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope the new girl is a resistance fighter since it would make a lot more sense than just a random chick who chatted him up and had a sleepover. The actor that plays John often pushes the character past angst ridden or whatever into very emotionally/mentally disturbed territory. He's not very likable and kind of creepy. When he asked the girl to go back to his house I was thinking that if I were her I wouldn't go because he kind of had the whiff of potential rapist about him.

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned what for me was the most awkward line of the night: "I don't love her anymore. At least not like that." Even the wife was like WTF. I know it was purposely done to show that if he really didn't have feelings for Sarah he wouldn't feel the need to say that, but it still seemed very out of place.
Old 09-16-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Charlie was just placating the wife.
Old 09-16-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When they were in the kitchen I thought John was going to ask Summer was made her model so "special" ...to explain what she meant last season...instead he kinda went off about how he doesn't need to explain anything to anyone.

If I were Sarah and Reese I would sit Summer down and ask her exactly what was her malfunction when the jeep blew up and has she repaired it completely and what are the chances of it occuring again. It would at least give you a starting point to know how fragile her loyalty is.

Good episode though.

Anyone else get a little sense of the "lost syndrome" here? I mean, nobody seems to share much information with each other which builds suspense, but also frustration.
Old 09-16-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
I thought for sure the nuke plant guy would be the T1000 and not a T800
That would have made more sense. Other than the severed-head, skin-growing T-800 that's been in a bunch of episodes so far, that model generally doesn't pose as particular people, at least not that we've seen. I assumed the plastic surgery imposter would be a one-time thing.
Old 09-16-08, 11:08 AM

Liked it, however... I hope they don't overuse the 'messenger from the future' device, and it seemed real easy for poeple with fake ID's to get jobs at a nuclear power plant! I'm willing to overlook it though because, hey it's a TV show.
Old 09-16-08, 11:25 AM

Did I miss something at the end because I didn't understand the bloody text on the walls? Was the resistance fighter not really dead and he left those messages? Did the new girl come and get his body and leave the message on the wall in his blood? What was the deal?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.