Search this Thread

Old 09-10-08, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Bones---"The Man in the Outhouse"---9/10/08

Photobucket

Synopsis for this week:

Spoiler:

The gruesome death of the host of a reality-TV show that exposed infidelity challenges the Jeffersonian team to identify a killer from a long list of disgruntled adulterers who may have been motivated by revenge. Meanwhile, Booth is surprised that Brennan is dating two men at the same time.

Old 09-10-08, 05:42 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I just want to publicly go on record and say that the distributors of Bones S3 are complete fargin' dillweeds for releasing it on DVD a month AFTER S4 airs.

I was a marginal fan, at best, having caught S1 and 2 on DVD. I missed S3's original airing, but was hoping to catch up on DVD prior to the return of the show. I am now missing S4. I'm teetering on just giving up on the show.
Old 09-10-08, 10:26 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
IIRC, the Season 3 DVD will have the first 4 episodes of Season 4 (last weeks 2 episodes, this one and next weeks) and features because they are "technically" apart of Season 3's production schedule. That's why it may have gotten delayed.
Old 09-11-08, 08:47 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
IIRC, the Season 3 DVD will have the first 4 episodes of Season 4 (last weeks 2 episodes, this one and next weeks) and features because they are "technically" apart of Season 3's production schedule. That's why it may have gotten delayed.

ah! interesting! thanks for the info.
Old 09-11-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So is that it for poor Daisy/Lizzie (Carla Gallo)? I guess she is also on Californication so could be, eh? Are we going to be floating through Zack replacements like the personal assistants on Murphy Brown? That could get tired.
Old 09-11-08, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to say it out loud last night when Sweets was at the examination table in the hazmat suit with the rest of the crew; "Why is he even there?"

My wife's response; "'Cause he's funny."

Sure, but come on...
Old 09-11-08, 12:27 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course, you could also ask why Bones goes everywhere with Booth, since she really only serves her actual job purpose in the lab and on the first discovery of the body, and really wouldn't being tagging along for interviews and picking up suspects.

You could also say the same thing about Angela, who seems to be hanging around the lab even when her facial reconstruction job is over (or doesn't even come into play) for the episode.

Still, I have to admit, he did seem kinda shoehorned in. They should stick to having him for profiling/interviews/therapy sessions, rather than trying to put him in everywhere.

Last edited by sb5; 09-11-08 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-11-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the first four are part of the season 3 production schedule, I suspect we won't get a permanent replacement until the fifth episode...
Old 09-11-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone else tired of the "You're my partner" line on this show?
Old 09-11-08, 03:04 PM

I like the show, but I get annoyed when Bones starts acting like a Vulcan in more social situations, especially to justify her own behavior.

I don't care if she plays the field or is in a single relationship, but I wish Booth had called her on her BS by asking the key question: Do either of the two guys she's dating know about the other? Instead, she hid behind the "scientific" support that 83% of societies are polygamous to rationalize her behavior versus Booth's philosophy that people were meant monogamous.
Old 09-11-08, 04:49 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by aintnosin
If the first four are part of the season 3 production schedule, I suspect we won't get a permanent replacement until the fifth episode...
Apparently there won't be on for a while.
Old 09-11-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
So is that it for poor Daisy/Lizzie (Carla Gallo)? I guess she is also on Californication so could be, eh? Are we going to be floating through Zack replacements like the personal assistants on Murphy Brown? That could get tired.
I was getting that same Murphy Brown worry. We'll see how it goes.

My first instinct was also to wonder why the hell Sweets was around. But then I thought about it, and didn't he work something out to follow them around as part of a case study or something? I could swear something like that came up. I seem to even recall thinking to myself something like, "I guess he's going to be around more ..." Maybe I'm wrong, though. Or maybe there's an alternate Bones storyline that is playing out inside my head.
Old 09-11-08, 07:30 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember a conversation between Sweets and Booth/Brennan last season about actually being in the lab for study beyond just profiling. It's still kinda weird having him in the lab all the time.
Old 09-12-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D'ohboy
I had to say it out loud last night when Sweets was at the examination table in the hazmat suit with the rest of the crew; "Why is he even there?"

My wife's response; "'Cause he's funny."

Sure, but come on...
I said the exact same thing. Wife said she hoped they don't overdo him this season, and I concur.
Old 09-12-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I like this show and was watching this ep but I couldn't stay interested. At first I switched between this and Wifeswap, then I just ended up watching Wifeswap.
Old 09-17-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
This episode was just flat out dumb. Clumsy plotting, dumb dialogue. I love the interactions between Booth and Brennan, but I cringe when they attempt to give her a personal/sex life outside of that. Her social awkwardness is somewhat amusing though. The scenes with the 2 boyfriends felt really awkward. This was a total filler episode.

I agree with the above statement, the "My Partner" lines are getting really old and annoying.
Old 09-17-08, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Why was the truck driver in the beginning driving on a dirt road by that outhouse? Seemed like an odd ball place for an 18 wheeler to be in the middle of the night.
Old 09-17-08, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
Why was the truck driver in the beginning driving on a dirt road by that outhouse? Seemed like an odd ball place for an 18 wheeler to be in the middle of the night.
When you gotta go....
Old 09-17-08, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
...You drive down a dirt road and go to a random farm outhouse instead of a gas station.
Old 09-17-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
OMG, Michelle Greene what the hell happened to her?? She used to be so cute. She did not age well at all.