Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

It's Always Sunny...Season 3 Best Buy Bonus Disc

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's Always Sunny...Season 3 Best Buy Bonus Disc

Sorry to make an entire new thread, as I am sure there is an "It's Always Sunny" thread already, but I just came back from Best Buy (went to get Big Lebowski Bowling Ball) and saw that Season 3 had a Bonus Disc exclusive to Best Buy. I wasn't going to get it, but the allure of a disc with bonus material grabbed me.

The Bonus Disc is 12:12 long and "includes 2 hilarious featurettes"

-The Gang Goes on the Road (6:02)
-The Gang Dresses Up (6:09)
Old 09-09-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
Sorry to make an entire new thread, as I am sure there is an "It's Always Sunny" thread already, but I just came back from Best Buy (went to get Big Lebowski Bowling Ball) and saw that Season 3 had a Bonus Disc exclusive to Best Buy. I wasn't going to get it, but the allure of a disc with bonus material grabbed me.

The Bonus Disc is 12:12 long and "includes 2 hilarious featurettes"

-The Gang Goes on the Road (6:02)
-The Gang Dresses Up (6:09)
Is it a separate disc in a sleeve, or packaged in the cases? I was at a local Best Buy this morning and they didn't get this at all, but the "allure" of a bonus disc could get me to try another store.
Old 09-09-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are they minisodes or docs about the series? Minisodes may make me jump, but I'd just wait till the price drops to $19 if it was only "making of" features.
Old 09-09-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Interesting - I was actually hoping there'd be no exclusives for this set (I know, I know). Even though I absolutely love the show, I decided not to run out and get it this week. Money's a bit tight, I've got plenty of new stuff to watch already, and it's not like this show requires a refreshing of story arcs before a new season (like, say, "The Shield").

I remember Target was selling the "Sunny" Season 1 & 2 DVD set for $8-10 below its first week sale price a few weeks after it was released. Hopefully, they'll do that again.
Old 09-09-08, 01:18 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I was going to get it online for a few bucks cheaper, but the "bonus disc allure" is calling to me as well. Some more info on what the featurettes are like would be cool.

It's kind of irritating that content was held back for use as an exclusive, since it's not like the DVD set itself is filled to capacity with bonus features.
Old 09-09-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I too was aggravated as I am broke, but I used to work there, so they are holding me a copy.
Old 09-09-08, 02:49 PM

These two featurettes were mentioned in the original press release posted on tvshowsondvd.com: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sun...s-Release/9558

Looks like they were originally planned for Disc 3. Guess Fox changed its mind.
Old 09-09-08, 05:28 PM
Cool New Member

I picked this up at best buy this morning and the bonus disc was included in the package. on the front there was a sticker mentioning the bonus disc, and when i unwrapped the plastic and removed the two thinkpacks, the bonus disc was in there in a white envelope.
Old 09-09-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ASAPadam
These two featurettes were mentioned in the original press release posted on tvshowsondvd.com: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sun...s-Release/9558

Looks like they were originally planned for Disc 3. Guess Fox changed its mind.
Well, reading that leads me to believe they are simply stupid docs. Specials about the costumes or promotional tours aren't enough for me to buy it now.

I believe if I wait a few weeks it'll drop $10.
Old 09-09-08, 09:30 PM

I picked up this set at Best Buy this morning, but it didn't come with a bonus disc. Not that it looked all that appealing anyway, but I wonder if some of the stores didn't get the bonus disc as part of their shipment.