Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

OASIS attacked at V-Fest Toronto

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So last night OASIS was headlining V-Fest in Toronto and in the middle of 'Morning Glory', some douche bag ran from the backstage area onto the stage, pushed Noel to the ground (fracturing his rib) and then went after Liam. Security busted it up, Oasis left the stage and then returned a few minutes later to finish the set...they basically shortened the performance by 30 minutes and phoned in the last bit, but who could blame them... Here's the video (I hate to post it because I don't want that douche to get 'famous' because of it...really hope he's happy that he ruined a concert for 40,000 people).

attack happens around 1:30ish
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CX5JBsKih0c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CX5JBsKih0c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

another angle where attack happens at the :50 mark or so
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PlN7pCOQZ58&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PlN7pCOQZ58&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More on the incident here... a real piss off for us true fans who got shortchanged last night...
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm...8/6699131.html

Last edited by mdc3000; 09-08-08 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-08-08, 02:07 PM

BTW, I HATE you bodysurfing pricks. Ruin the damn show for me because you like getting groped by strangers.
Old 09-08-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That Blows.....

Although it is kinda funny watching Liam try and act like a man.......
Old 09-08-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, I'm actually amazed they came back out on stage. Kudos for that.
Old 09-08-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
This is one of the many reasons why I hate going to shows anymore.

Why is it that there are drunken frat boy morons who either want to disrupt the performance, or in the case of metal shows, hurt people who are trying to have a good time? And the worst part is consistency. I expected this kind of behavior when I saw Carcass on Saturday, but the crowd was tame. Now here we have Oasis, fucking Oasis, and some dude jumps on stage and attacks the band. Did anyone of us expect to read that?
Old 09-08-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel for you----I'm not a huge Oasis fan, but that's my favorite song of theirs, and it's JUST as they're hitting the kick-ass chorus.....
Old 09-08-08, 04:30 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Maybe he was a Blur fan...
Old 09-08-08, 04:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You're all welcome.
Old 09-08-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
After what happened to Dimebag Darrell stuff like this isn't as funny as it used to be. They need to step up security at these shows.
Old 09-08-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't really have anything to add other than the crowd chanting "O-A-Sis" just doesn't sound all that cool. I don't really think there's a better way to chant their name, it just sounds kinda dumb.
Old 09-08-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Fucking asshole. I hope security beat the shit out of him backstage.
Old 09-08-08, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Allred
BTW, I HATE you bodysurfing pricks. Ruin the damn show for me because you like getting groped by strangers.
Then get out of the pit Gramps.

Color me shocked that they came back on stage as well. The Oasis show I went to here in Los Angeles years back, Noel threatened to walk out when some cheesehead decided to throw something at him right when he was about to start the acoustic set.
Old 09-08-08, 09:13 PM

So earlier on in the show, Liam called out a guy that had a Man United flag... The flag read Who The F*k are Man United, and Liam replied, WHO THE F**K ARE MAN UNITED?! and then said something about Manchester ... I had no idea what he said. It was in the Queen's English. Then the crowd started chanted the Man United song, and the band watched.
Anyway. My theory is that, given how fanatical brits are about football, this dude got offended by whatever it was Liam said about Man united. (or against any other club)...
?
Old 09-08-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Allred
I agree with this. I must be in the minority, but I go to concerts to hear music and see the performer... not to bodysurf or whatever. I hate going to concerts where people aren't even listening to the music and just talking, you paid the money, now give them the respect when they're on the stage performing for you
Old 09-08-08, 09:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
I agree with this. I must be in the minority, but I go to concerts to hear music and see the performer... not to bodysurf or whatever. I hate going to concerts where people aren't even listening to the music and just talking, you paid the money, now give them the respect when they're on the stage performing for you
that most recent show for me would have been the Justice show - fucking douche bag punters, listen to the music, instead of acting like spastic monkeys - you fucktards ruined the concert for me - big time.
Old 09-08-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nothingfails

No shit. If you aren't there solely for the purpose of listening to/watching the artist perform, than you've got no business being there. Period!

You wanna get drunk? Any number of other bars you can go to. And if you do want to sorta, kinda, maybe hear said artist's music while you're getting drunk, then do us all a favor and buy a bottle or case, stay home and put the CD on the stereo.
Old 09-08-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Fucking asshole. I hope security beat the shit out of him backstage.
I hope so... not only that though, I'm pretty sure they were pressing charges. Way to go kid, ASSAULT gets you a criminal record.
Old 09-08-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
No shit. If you aren't there solely for the purpose of listening to/watching the artist perform, than you've got no business being there. Period!

You wanna get drunk? Any number of other bars you can go to. And if you do want to sorta, kinda, maybe hear said artist's music while you're getting drunk, then do us all a favor and buy a bottle or case, stay home and put the CD on the stereo.
the worst example was The Police last year. I paid $250 and got fifth row seats, but.... directly behind me were two fratboys and their girlfriends. They spent 75% of the concert being drunk, obnoxious and loud and I wasn't even able to enjoy the music because they kept accidentally bumping into me and screaming a conversation to each other. If I was at a bar, that'd be one thing, but I spent $250 to see a once in a lifetime reunion tour (granted, I am sure they'll reunite again to mark the 30th anniversary of Every Breath You Take, but I digress) to have it ruined by people who weren't even there to listen to The Police but to get drunk and obnoxious in public.
Old 09-08-08, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Absolute bullshit that a guy like this gets tickets to a band like Oasis and then goes up there and fucks up the show for the fans.
Old 09-09-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I wish the guy had come from the front so Noel could have pulled an Andrew Eldritch. I saw one Sisters of Mercy show where some guy rushed the stage and was immediately clocked by the mic stand.
Old 09-09-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I don't much like Oasis, but I like people attacking bands onstage even less. I have to wonder what people like that are thinking. They have to know that they aren't going to get away with it, and what kind of "fame" will they get out of it?

As far as crowd surfers, people moving around, people talking and enjoying themselves at concerts: I have no problem with any of that, as long as none of them get in my way. I hate going to concerts where everyone is just standing around, staring at the band.

If you want to have perfect sound, with no one stepping on your toes, where you can't hear anyone around you, rent the eventual dvd of the concert and watch it in your home.

I personally enjoy talking to my friends when I go to a concert. Is it such a stretch to some of you that it's a night out with music a group of friends like? Should we stand in stoic silence, looking much like the Terracotta Army?

It's strange how pissy people get about the crowd around them. It's a live event, you could have the same argument about sporting events. If you aren't there solely to watch the game, get the fuck out. There are plenty of other bars, and your own house, to drink beer and talk to your friends.

Personally, the "older people" concerts I've been to had much worse crowds than any of the metal shows where people apparently had no place being. Old people sitting down the entire time, while the younger portion was standing up and dancing or having fun. Old people yelling at the young people to sit down, it was pretty lame. By the way, this was at Red Rocks, where there are no seats, just large steps.

On the other hand, I don't like crowd surfers much. Which is one of the reasons I don't stand in the first several rows.
Old 09-09-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The jerk who did this was 47 years old. Not exactly a drunken frat boy.
Old 09-09-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I personally enjoy talking to my friends when I go to a concert. Is it such a stretch to some of you that it's a night out with music a group of friends like? Should we stand in stoic silence, looking much like the Terracotta Army?

It's strange how pissy people get about the crowd around them. It's a live event, you could have the same argument about sporting events. If you aren't there solely to watch the game, get the fuck out. There are plenty of other bars, and your own house, to drink beer and talk to your friends.
If you're just gonna chat the whole time, why go? Just go to a cheap place with live music if you're going to use it as a backdrop... I don't expect stoic silence, I expect you to be rocking out, singing along and having a great time - but chatting - HELL NO. (so many chatty fucks at V-fest I couldn't believe it...why would someone want to talk with friends they see everyday during the Foo Fighters set instead of belting out 'Monkey Wrench' with 20,000 people? Seriously.)

I hate people at sports who aren't watching the game too - however at something like that, YOU CAN TALK because it's a more VISUAL experience - whereas CONCERTS ARE AURAL & VISUAL. If you're chatting the whole time, it fucks it up. If you were at a MOVIE and did the same, you'd get bounced the fuck out of there...and movies only cost $10, not $100.
Old 09-09-08, 12:08 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Originally Posted by cungar
The jerk who did this was 47 years old. Not exactly a drunken frat boy.
No not at all, hard to tell from the video though. However, most of the shows I go to (metal and the like) typically have drunken frat boys ruining everybody's good time. It is pretty rare (like the Carcass show I went to Saturday) for the crowd to be on good behavior, at least when I go. Either way, hopefully this clown get punished for being a dumbass.
Old 09-09-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
If you're just gonna chat the whole time, why go? Just go to a cheap place with live music if you're going to use it as a backdrop... I don't expect stoic silence, I expect you to be rocking out, singing along and having a great time - but chatting - HELL NO. (so many chatty fucks at V-fest I couldn't believe it...why would someone want to talk with friends they see everyday during the Foo Fighters set instead of belting out 'Monkey Wrench' with 20,000 people? Seriously.)

I hate people at sports who aren't watching the game too - however at something like that, YOU CAN TALK because it's a more VISUAL experience - whereas CONCERTS ARE AURAL & VISUAL. If you're chatting the whole time, it fucks it up. If you were at a MOVIE and did the same, you'd get bounced the fuck out of there...and movies only cost $10, not $100.
Quite often, concerts are the only time I see some of my friends.

Either you're extremely easy to upset, or the people around you were more obnoxious than anyone I've ever been around at a concert. I dislike people singing off-key loudly, but I don't get so vehemently angry about it. As long as people don't get in my way, I don't really care how they enjoy the show. Obviously, this doesn't allow for throwing things, fights, things along those lines.

However, I think that there is a difference between what my group of friends do, and what you are complaining about. We're usually pretty understated, and have to lean in to each other to hear what one is saying. I imagine what is going on around you is people yelling their conversations to each other.

If you want to compare a concert to a movie, by all means, find a security guard when people are talking.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.