Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Polar Express 3-D ----> 10/28/08

From dvdactive.com:

Title: The Polar Express
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 28th October 2008
SRP: $20.97 (DVD)

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced DVD ($20.97) and Blu-ray ($34.99) releases of The Polar Express Presented in 3-D for release on the 28th October. A total of 4 sets of 3-D glasses will be included in each package, so the whole family can experience the magical journey to the North Pole together. Extras will include the standard 2D version of the film, a Smokey and Steamer Song not seen in theaters, featurettes (You Look Familiar: The many Polar faces of Tom Hanks, A Genuine ticket to Ride, True Inspirations: Profiling author Chris Van Allsburg, Believe: Josh Groban performance and behind the scenes), motion captured sessions, and the theatrical trailer. We'll bring you the official package artwork shortly.
cover art here:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...-express5.html
Old 09-05-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sign me up
Old 09-05-08, 09:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
bet ya 50 bucks the bluray edition won't have lossless audio this go around.
Old 09-06-08, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, it's going to have that cheap red and blue type 3d glasses that doesn't really work.

With 3-D movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth coming out in regular theaters, I expected better technology this time.

I was actually hoping for it to at least be compatible with my 3-D glasses that I bought with the 3-D Imax set. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely satisfying experience with some scenes having incredible 3-D effects (like the terminator scene).

Hopefully this release will spark the release of several other movies to come out in 3-D like Beowulf, Journey to the Center of Earth, Sea Monsters, and several other imax movies. - Just not with the red and blue type glasses but with better technology. Because by looking at my 3-D Imax set, the technology is available.
Old 09-06-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by animefan
Damn, it's going to have that cheap red and blue type 3d glasses that doesn't really work.

With 3-D movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth coming out in regular theaters, I expected better technology this time.

I was actually hoping for it to at least be compatible with my 3-D glasses that I bought with the 3-D Imax set. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely satisfying experience with some scenes having incredible 3-D effects (like the terminator scene).

Hopefully this release will spark the release of several other movies to come out in 3-D like Beowulf, Journey to the Center of Earth, Sea Monsters, and several other imax movies. - Just not with the red and blue type glasses but with better technology. Because by looking at my 3-D Imax set, the technology is available.
If it's the shutter glasses stuff you're talking about, then it would be pretty pointless since it doesn't work on tvs that display progressive which would limit a lot of people.

Anaglyph is what were're stuck with that works for everyone and is cheap.
Old 09-06-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
There's supposed to be a system coming out for DLP sets- ever notice those "3-D Ready" stickers on DLPs in the stores? Unfortunately they can't tell me exactly when it'll be coming out.

Anaglyph looks like ass- I gave it another chance recently with "Spy Kids 3-D" and the color was messed up as it always is on that format.
Old 09-06-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
There's supposed to be a system coming out for DLP sets- ever notice those "3-D Ready" stickers on DLPs in the stores? Unfortunately they can't tell me exactly when it'll be coming out.
They are out already http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/
You can find great deals as we speak. Picked up the Mitsubishi WD-65835 for under $2200.
Old 09-06-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
They are out already http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/
You can find great deals as we speak. Picked up the Mitsubishi WD-65835 for under $2200.
Alan, I believe, wasn't talking about the TVs (he mentioned he saw 'em in the store). He was talking about the actual 3D system along with the media to view a 3D movie in the proper way.
Old 09-06-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by animefan
Journey was only in 3D on about 600 or so of it's initial 3000 screens. The rest were 2D presentations.