Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WHV / UPS shipping notice

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been waiting on a small order from WHV for less Than a week now but I just got a notice saying my stuff shipped on the 28th, and UPS says It was delivered at noon on Friday the 29th. I was there all day and no such delivery ever happened, is this common with UPS?
Old 09-02-08, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is WHV? Where did you have the package delivered to? Did you try tracking the package online? I've had pretty good luck when receiving packages delivered by UPS.
Old 09-02-08, 02:20 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
WHV is Warner Home Video, the Warner Bros. Store. I would call Warner and ask them to track package. You should use www.myexpresscheckout.com
to get the tracking info if you have not already. Warners should reship if package lost.
Old 09-02-08, 04:47 PM

I used myexpresscheckout and the official UPS tracking number. ups.com says it was delivered to my front door on Friday 8/29 @ 12:17 PM.. in which it was not. I'm just curious if UPS has a history of innacurate tracking reports? I'm hoping that's the case, because I don't want to have to screw around with WHV..which I've heard has horrible customer service.
Old 09-02-08, 05:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
UPS guy dropped it off at the wrong house and scanned it delivered. Happens all the time with UPS/Fedex and USPS. It really screws the guy getting waiting for shipment because the tracking shows it was delivered and you really can't prove that you didn't get it. If it was Amazon they would just send you another package, I never dealt with Warner though.
Old 09-02-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me, UPS actually delivered my WHV package to a WalMart a few blocks away. I had to call UPS to get the situation sorted out.
Old 09-02-08, 05:36 PM

That's too bad.. So I should be contacting UPS then?
Old 09-02-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RonG617
UPS guy dropped it off at the wrong house and scanned it delivered. Happens all the time with UPS/Fedex and USPS. It really screws the guy getting waiting for shipment because the tracking shows it was delivered and you really can't prove that you didn't get it. If it was Amazon they would just send you another package, I never dealt with Warner though.
I had that happen to me a couple of years ago with a big DDD order. I didn't even know it was coming by UPS since I had only been notified that it was shipped. Luckily the neighbor down the street was nice enough to bring over the box the very next morning. I went online with the tracking # on the box and it showed as being delivered the day prior left on the FRONT PORCH.
Old 09-03-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Moopher
That's too bad.. So I should be contacting UPS then?
Give UPS a shot first. When I called, they had the wrong address (the WalMart) and quickly took care of the situation. WHV probably won't be much of a help since it was shipped.
Old 09-04-08, 01:43 PM

So yesterday I called UPS, they said it wasn't their problem essentially and that I needed to get a hold of WHV. I called WHV, they were incredibley curtious, the CS rep said she would work on the situation ASAP. I recieved and email from another CS rep this morning and they said they would gladly send me out a brand new shipment, they just asked if i would like to use a new address. Overall, i'm very happy with WHV, i'm panning this out to be a UPS' mistake, but those happen, so all is forgiven. Thanks for the help rexinnih.
Old 09-04-08, 02:44 PM

lol gotta love UPS's attitude. i've had to deal with UPS before and they were pretty helpful. you should make a fuss about it, not because they made an honest mistake, but since they don't seem to give a f***
Old 09-18-08, 06:19 PM

FYI - Still haven't re ieved anything...
Old 09-23-08, 10:25 AM

I've never had a problem with UPS delivering to me though I would probably guess that they don't give a flying f if they delivered to the wrong place, which is why MOST Internet electronics retailers include a signature upon delivery. I do that on expensive items when I ship UPS for Ebay stuff
Old 09-24-08, 07:12 PM

Yeah, it's too bad. I did find out however they were residing my end of the townhome that day...the police feel that they were probably left and then just stolen..either way..

On another note however, WHV finally contacted me today and said that they never had a second shipping notice, so they went right ahead and asked me if I would like it sent to a new address. I gave them the new address and they said it would be to my workplace in about 5-7 days, and then they also informed me it was being shipped USPS...had I known that I would just have rather had it shipped to my house. Either way, I'm not really upset, as long as I get my package. I think the first rep just didn't follow through. Either way, my issues now cease...unless I don't recieve the package that is.
Old 09-29-08, 04:57 PM

For those of you following this ridiculous saga.. I showed up to work an hour and there was a package.. From WHV shipped via UPS. So they screwed up their own info, told me on 9/25 it would be shipped USPS. I don't know about WHV, great prices with coupon codes but their shipping process is a tad shoddy as far as notices and useful info goes.
Old 09-30-08, 04:28 PM
Banned

Damn. I just placed a somewhat large order with them (9 DVDs). We'll see what happens.
Old 10-02-08, 03:09 AM

I place the majority of the blame on UPS. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I still have three more orders coming in the next two months from them:

Complete Batman Animated Series
Ultimate Matrix Trilogy BD
Band of Brothers BD

We'll see :/
Old 10-02-08, 07:10 AM

UPS lost an order of mine and they were pretty helpful. It was supposed to be delivered on a Friday and it never showed. I just figured the driver was in a hurry to start his weekend. It actually was "out for delivery" from angels camp, california but when I called the hub, they said they never received it. They thought it might have gotten lost at the airport.

Well amazon replaced and the original package just showed up a couple weeks later. I returned the original of course

You think your original will show up Moopher?
Old 10-02-08, 12:11 PM

I don't think so. Between it possibly being delivered to the wrong address or being stolen by someone from the construction company or the UPS guy himself.. or anyone for that matter. I just sincerely doubt it.
Old 10-02-08, 12:43 PM

well that sucks but atleast you got it replaced so it worked out alright
Old 10-02-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
UPS's 800 number support is horrible, their script directs them to 1) Say Hello, 2) Require you call the sender to file a report... but if you ask them to contact your local warehouse/distro center or contact the distro center directly, you will likely be helped.

My experience:

I live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow at door drop-off (They're required to drop them off at the front office), but sure enough, I ordered a $250 Da-lite High Powered Projection screen and it got delivered to someone's door. Calling UPS they said I had to call the shipper and have them file a missing package report, I hung up, called again, and asked them to call the driver or whatever, they sent a notice to the warehouse, the warehouse called the driver, and then the warehouse called me to inform me what happened (the guy misread the label and delivered it to the wrong apartment, on the 3rd floor, in a different building.) and got the thing resolved...

Last edited by RichC2; 10-02-08 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 02:37 PM

they actually called the DRIVER for you? now that is service! lol they have helped me out before but I don't think they've ever actually called the driver for me

great story, thanks for sharing, now who wants to go next?
Old 10-02-08, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by civiclx
well that sucks but atleast you got it replaced so it worked out alright
It sucked waiting that long (not that I have a shortage of things to watch haha), and the few minor headaches to resolve it, but in the end I'm happy I have my stuff finally.