Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is No Feedback Better Than Bad Feedback?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-02-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion?

I've been a seller on Amazon for a couple of months now and I've done about 12 or so transactions. No complaints from anyone, but nobody is leaving me feedback! It still shows as "Seller Just Launched" or what have you.

I know you can't "make" people give you feedback, but still. It'd be nice to be 100% or something.
Old 09-02-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amazon feedback it tough to get at all. so sometimes, getting nothing is a good thing - at least youre not pissing anyone off lol.
Old 09-02-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that is my experience on Amazon too. I sold quite a few things before just getting that 1st feedback. Now, I'm up to 8. I don't how some people get thousands there. They must sell a ton. I think there isn't that big of an incentive on Amazon to leave feedback compared to ebay.
Old 09-07-08, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd prefer no feedback. unfortinatly over the past few months ppl have given me a 14% negative rating - and to tell you the truth if any of their orders were lost it was probably due to the traditional stamps that my college post office uses... I prefer mailing things from a regular post office as a result.
anyhow, to answer your question... no feedback is better than negative. And you might want to include in the Shipment Comfirmation email "please leave feedback once your order has arrived."

just my opinion.
Old 09-07-08, 01:44 PM

hey mcfly, what do you sell on amazon? i'll buy something from you and leave feedback you rip me off though and oh boyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee you'll be finished!!!!!!!!! j/k
Old 09-07-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm going to go with no feedback as well. Amazon feedback is well, just about worthless.

In the last year, I've had close to 400 transactions with about 120 feedback responses, with just 1 negative.