Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

So...I watched Creepshow 3 last night...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone interested, there were 5 stories:

Alice - Bad BAD acting, and a story that made ABSOLUTELY no sense. To me, this was the real turd in the pool. It has a basic story of a remote control that does unexpected things. It sounds bad and I promise, it's worse!

Rachel the Call Girl - Actually, I somewhat enjoyed this one. The story is a call girl who kills her customers, once she gets da money.

Professor Dayton's wife - This may have two of the worst actors I've ever seen (the two former students). The story focuses on an older man (Prof. Dayton) and his very young fiance. The end of the story is actually VERY funny, IMHO, and made this chapter very worthwhile.

The Haunted Dog - Very typical story - jerk allows someone to die, and then is haunted by his ghost. The main character is a doctor who's doing low-income health exams, and how he speaks to the patients is actually quite funny.

The Radio - Probably the best of the lot. A lonely guy gets a special radio that talks to him, telling him what to do. A great ending, actually. Some of you may have seen or may see the ending coming, but I didn't, so I was pleased.

I'm a big fan of the original two and love horror anthologies, and figured some folks may be avoiding this like the plague, based on what they've heard. I thought I'd give this title a whirl on blockbuster.com, and I wasn't terribly disappointed. As a matter of fact, it was better than I expected.

None of the stories are fantastic, but I've watched MUCH worse horror films, and this one entertained me for an evening. I'd recommend it, if you like this sort of thing.

So my big question is: Has anyone else seen this and if so, what'd you think?
Old 08-29-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You, sir, are a much braver soul than I. I don't plan on seeing this at any point in my life, but I've heard it is a cinematic travesty that shits all over the previous 2 films. I'm a big fan of anthology films as well, but I've heard the production values, acting, script and overall vibe of the film were all horrendous. Still, the little bits of good you do speak of make me slightly interested to see a segment or two.
Old 08-29-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I had to rent it from Blockbuster after reading DVD Talk's review, just to see how bad it was. I figured, I love horror short stories, I loved Creepshow 1 & 2, how bad could it be?

It's BAAAAAAADDDD
Old 08-29-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, c'mon, Dean, it's not THAT bad. My only suggestion is: Don't compare it to the other Creepshows. It's really not related in any way, obviously, and doesn't have the same feel. But if you like horror anthologies, it's actually not bad at all. Except for "Alice" - I'd almost say skip it completely, but I'd love to hear what you or others think about that segment. It's about as bad as can be, IMHO.

A good example is the Professor Dayton's Wife segment. It's got HIDEOUS actors as the two main ex-students, but once they go to work on the fiance (you'll have to see it), it actually gets pretty funny, especially when they're frantically putting things in cupboards, fridge, etc. That ending made it a pretty decent segment. But I highly recommend folks see C3, if for nothing more than a bit of fun. Now the Day of the Dead remake - now THAT is seriously bad horror...