Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

watching hulu.com stuff on a TV on a console of your choice, except for the wii

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 10:01 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
watching hulu.com stuff on a TV on a console of your choice, except for the wii

Trying to watch some hulu.com clips via my PS3 on my televsion........ but the PS3 barfs out saying I need to update the flash (or is it quicktime?) player..... how do I go about doing this???
Old 08-26-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Trying to watch some hulu.com clips via my PS3 on my televsion........ but the PS3 barfs out saying I need to update the flash (or is it quicktime?) player..... how do I go about doing this???
You can't update flash on your PS3. It's up to Sony. Look around dvd talk, because there's mention of a program that let's you watch hulu on your PS3. I believe it acts as a media server.
Old 08-26-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the PS3 thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=811
Old 08-27-08, 10:06 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
thanks guys
Old 08-27-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
PlayOn rocks, but doesn't have a section speficially for movies (a few are accessible in the Top Picks or whatever it's called folder) otherwise, very simple to setup and use.
Old 08-27-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried this last night on my 360 and it worked great. However I don't want to pay $30 two months from now. Seems like PlayOn is similar to Tversity. Can Tvserity be set up and used with Hulu?
Old 08-27-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
I tried this last night on my 360 and it worked great. However I don't want to pay $30 two months from now. Seems like PlayOn is similar to Tversity. Can Tvserity be set up and used with Hulu?
No, and that's why it's free.
Old 08-27-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Downloaded it today and by the time they implement Netflix, I'll easily pay a one time fee of $30 dollars. Never tried Hulu until today, but was fairly impressed.
Old 08-27-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really like the Hulu interface. It's laid out just how I like it. Now if they would just add some more content. Plus it works on both the 360 and the PS3, nice.
Old 08-28-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
if it worked for the mac, i might try it
Old 08-28-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the sound of Who's The Boss. And when I stopped it I couldn't resume.
Old 08-28-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
if it worked for the mac, i might try it
lack of os x support is very disappointing.
Old 08-28-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I wasn't impressed with the sound of Who's The Boss. And when I stopped it I couldn't resume.
its called fate
Old 08-28-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I know there's a joke there somewhere, still trying to find it
Old 08-28-08, 05:49 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. I just downloaded PlayOn. I've never bothered with anything like Hulu or even CBS online or any of that stuff before because I hate watching shows on my computer. This is awesome through my PS3! Watching ALF now. Damn. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Old 08-28-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dled this for the 360 today and it works pretty good the picture quality was good the contants changes in the volume between the files is kind of annoying I don't remember it beeing that bad on the site and I use Hulu a lot. I do notice though that anything besides playing or pausing causes it crash.
Old 08-31-08, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two things.
1) can this thing be any less stable it crashes more then it works, but some of that is it is streaming from my laptop.
2) anyone notice the amount of content for specific series is dropping. Don't get me wrong there is still a lot of stuff on there, but just the other day there was like every episode of Burn notice on there except 1, and now there is less.
Old 08-31-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
Two things.
1) can this thing be any less stable it crashes more then it works, but some of that is it is streaming from my laptop.
2) anyone notice the amount of content for specific series is dropping. Don't get me wrong there is still a lot of stuff on there, but just the other day there was like every episode of Burn notice on there except 1, and now there is less.
I'm running the program on my PC (Vista) and have not had it crash at all when viewing on the 360 unless i try to bring up the guide blade. Otherwise we have watched hours of shows with no crashing.

I was kind of surprised at some of the shows it had and some it lacked. For instance the wee one wanted to watch some cartoons and there was no Spongebob and all the Pink Panther cartoons were only clips. Then i noticed there were only a couple episodes of Simpsons and nothing at all like Weeds or Desperate Housewives.

But now, i'm whining over something free. I had a blast exploring tv shows i had never seen before and spent a bit of time watching a couple episodes of Pressure Chef and Three Sheets which were both loads of fun.
Old 08-31-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I'm running the program on my PC (Vista) and have not had it crash at all when viewing on the 360 unless i try to bring up the guide blade. Otherwise we have watched hours of shows with no crashing.

I was kind of surprised at some of the shows it had and some it lacked. For instance the wee one wanted to watch some cartoons and there was no Spongebob and all the Pink Panther cartoons were only clips. Then i noticed there were only a couple episodes of Simpsons and nothing at all like Weeds or Desperate Housewives.

But now, i'm whining over something free. I had a blast exploring tv shows i had never seen before and spent a bit of time watching a couple episodes of Pressure Chef and Three Sheets which were both loads of fun.
http://www.watchthesimpsonsonline.com/
every episode.
Old 08-31-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Two things.
I think people are forgetting: It's 2 week old beta software.
Old 08-31-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by crazyronin
Thanks for the link! I am trying to find something that will work with either TVersity or PlayOn since i never ever watch shows on my computer... but somehow streaming it to my 360 and watching it on the TV seems perfectly addictive.
Old 08-31-08, 10:03 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Thanks for the link! I am trying to find something that will work with either TVersity or PlayOn since i never ever watch shows on my computer... but somehow streaming it to my 360 and watching it on the TV seems perfectly addictive.
That's exactly how I am, so I was ecstatic to see this and how well it works (and I didn't realize how new it was)...started watching all eps of ALF and Doogie Howser from the beginning.
Old 08-31-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not complaining at all just observations. Now as far as content I;m not talking about just now. I've been using hulu for months now, and there seems to be less per show than there was before it is a lot harder to catch up on a season then before.
Old 09-03-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone else get the invite to upgrade there beta versions its supposed to fix some issues and apparently they are working on adding high res support next wave.
Old 09-03-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone else get the invite to upgrade there beta versions its supposed to fix some issues and apparently they are working on adding high res support next wave.
I am assuming everyone did since i got the invite and clicked the link to download. My browser had some issues so i had the old version "check for updates" and it started downloading the same exact file.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.