Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems with DeepDiscountDVD's "Buy 1, Get 1 Free"

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought Highlander Season sets as Buy 1, Get 1 Free for a total of 4 Seasons $30.38 each. They quickly shipped 2 boxsets (Season 4 & 5) and billed me for $60.76. Now I get a email from them that Season 6 has been "discontinued". Below I sent them an email at cutomer service:

Reason : Ok this order was "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" I was billed for Season 4 & Season 5. Then I got a confirmation way back that "Highlander: The Raven - The Complete Series" was shipped, when I received it was the wrong one u guys sent me "The Best of Highlander", so I sent it back. And I never got my copy Of Highlander: The Raven - The Complete Series". Now u guys cancelled Highlander 6. So, in a way I should be refunded for $30.38 back. Forget shipping me The Raven, this order was placed back from May 29th.
Thanks.

Below is response form customer service:

We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have brought you. In looking at the original order we confirm you were billed for the first two items ordered and the next two items were free. You returned a mis-packed item that should have been one of the free items. Highlander 6th season was cancelled due to the manufacture phasing out the item and no longer producing the item, which was also the free item. The system does not allow the order to be altered under the refund policy if the item is free. The item you returned could not be processed for $30.38 because you did not pay $30.38 for the item. The item was originally invoice as $00.00 (Free), so system can only refund an amount that was originally paid for that item.

What I don't understand is when they sent out the 2 box sets. Why not charge me as for one at $30.38 and give me the other one for free. They go and chage me for the full order to get their money. And now it sounds like they would give me the 2 free boxses. This is crap. Should I just send back the 2 Boxsets? But I bet they would say it's been over 30 days.
Old 08-26-08, 03:54 PM

Anybody have a problem like this? if so, how was it resolved. Planning to call them out and cuzz them out, but don't know if it is worth it or anything would get resolved.

I know this happened to my buddy over a year ago. One of the Horror boxsets that was free was not sent. And he did not bother calling and no longer buys at DDD.
Old 08-26-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CC dispute. I think you should get a $30.38 back, it seems to me or get to select 2 other items that were listed in the sale. I do think I remember they had a FOX B2G1F a couple of years ago and one of the titles I ordered was Boomerang and it was cancelled before the release date. It took awhile but they sent an email to people who had ordered it with a list of the titles in the sale and you had to pick one.
Old 08-26-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same thing happened with me regarding The Beastmaster S.E.:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....88#post8879188