Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free Shipping at DVD Pacific

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free Shipping at DVD Pacific

Didn't see this posted yet but just noticed they have free standard shipping now on all orders. Has been only thing holding me back on some orders with them due to the shipping charges but seems now this is gone so could be interesting. Doesn't seem like a promotion but a change to shipping for free on standard.

http://www.dvdpacific.com/browse-Free-Shipping.asp
Old 08-21-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something they should've done years ago.
Old 08-21-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is good news. They have some really good deals and I too have held off ordering at times because of shipping charges. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-21-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When they say "member price" does that just mean you need an account?
Old 08-21-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by starman9000
When they say "member price" does that just mean you need an account?
Yes
Old 08-21-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good news. They carry Timeless Media's complete 50s-60s television catalog. It's hit-or-miss (mostly miss) on those titles at DVD Planet...where I have lots of credit.
Old 08-21-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good news. They carry Timeless Media's complete 50s-60s television catalog. It's hit-or-miss (mostly miss) on those titles at DVD Planet...where I have lots of credit.
Old 08-22-08, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by docdoowop
Originally Posted by docdoowop
You can say that again!
Old 08-22-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only ordered 2 times from them and what bothered me was they added shipping at a per disc charge, so multi-disc titles were ridiculous to ship.
Old 08-22-08, 08:46 AM

Thanks OP. They do have some really good prices. I've ordered from them a couple of times in the past, but will order from them a lot more now with free shipping.
Old 08-23-08, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I only ordered 2 times from them and what bothered me was they added shipping at a per disc charge, so multi-disc titles were ridiculous to ship.
I always found even with the shipping charges they employed previously there prices were still very competitive except for when others had promotions or free shipping but now even this is not an issue anymore with free shipping with them so just all around better.
Old 08-26-08, 09:59 PM

They've raised the prices slightly on EVERYTHING. As an international customer paying shipping this is gutting to cover the new free shipping. Bullshit really!
Old 08-27-08, 02:05 AM
Suspended

They raised shipping to Canada to cover for this I'd imagine too. Raised everything $1 per title. Needless to say I probably won't be shopping there anymore.
Old 08-27-08, 03:46 AM

Yeah, so basically
stronger US dollar = I pay more
increased price on dvds by 5c-$1 = I pay more
increased shipping cost to New Zealand = I pay more

Stuff DVDPacific!!!
Old 08-27-08, 04:02 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Yeah, this must have just happened in the last few hours. I checked out their prices against my wishlist on Monday night and discovered a handful of titles were even cheaper than DD and DVD Planet's 20% deal. Not anymore.

Luckily, I did order one of those titles yesterday to see how their service fared. Now it looks like it might be my last. I was going to place a large order with them next month, but now it's cheaper to wait for the next DVD Planet sale.
Old 08-27-08, 03:48 PM

From what I can tell in my wishlist some select titles seem to have risen in price but most everything else is the same. I have app. 40 titles in my wishlist and only the ones under $10 is what appears to have gone up a little.

If you check against DVD Price Search who seems to have the old pricing still with shipping it can be verified and with the new prices and free shipping they are still under what the cost would have been with the older pricing plus shipping so they are still considerably cheaper. DVD Price Search has them listed as having the best price on nearly 45,000 titles against other stores so I dare say that will be higher once DVD Price Search updates the pricing with free shipping.