Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Mounting an LCD with a Cable Box

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any solutions for mounting an LCD with a cable box?

My parents have a blank wall with no furniture near it that they want to mount an LCD to but can't figure out what to do with the box.

They dont make a mount with a shelf built onto it?

Anyone have a solution?
Old 08-20-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Most have a low profile cabinet under the TV. This would hold the center channel, cable box, dvd player, surround receiver etc. Then you run the wires in the wall for a clean look.

This is my set up for the living room. Right now I have the LCD sitting on the fake antique buffet. But I plan on mounting the TV maybe a 12-18" above it and then run the wires in the wall.

The cabinet has solid wood doors and I use a RF remote for TV watching and then just leave the doors open for DVD, Wii play.

If you don't want that, what about a near by closet and RF remote solution. I've seen that work well.

And while I haven't seen shelves specifically attached for TV's I bought a "floating" shelf from Ikea for decoration in my bar. Careful though, if I remember it only holds 20-25lbs. But if literally only a cable box, might be enough.

Old 08-20-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, it is just for a bedroom so no receiver etc. I guess a shelf below will do fine for their needs.

I just didnt know if anyone else had a creative solution or if there was a product out there that covered something like this.

Thanks for the response.
Old 08-20-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is a list of bracketless shelves you can purchase at lowes. i do not recall the weight limits, but it should hold a cable box. the output from the box can run through the wall to the tv. what do you plan to do for power to the cable box?
Old 08-24-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is on the wall behind the TV? I'm putting an LCD on the wall in my bedroom. On the other side of the wall is a walk in closet. I plan on putting in a pass through hole for all the cords. Then I can do just about anything in closet where cords and shelves are unseen.
Old 08-24-08, 09:28 PM

Here's what we did in our bedroom (sorry the pic isn't better):