Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

HD television question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

HD television question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-08, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD television question

I currently have a samsung 50 dlp in my living room for my main viewing. PS3 (hdmi) and cox hd cable. I am looking to put a smaller tv in a play room for ps3 playing and some blu ray as well. Now at Best Buy I looked at a 32 in samsung and the 32 in sony bravia. I also saw, for about the same price a 37 in Dynex and LG. Are these good tvs to have in a playroom/kids room or should I stick with the samsung/sony im looking at. It doesnt have to be too fancy but I do want it to look good and last.

thanks

D
Old 08-05-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
One bit of advice I would suggest for a playroom: Mount the TV on the wall, and use a mount that is listed as capable of handling a weight much larger than the actual TV. Even if your kids are older and well behaved, you can't anticipate what their heathen friends (or visiting cousins, etc.) might do. As for the TV's themselves, I don't have any of the makes and models you inquired about, so I can't comment about their quality.
Old 08-06-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LG > Dynex

I have an LG LCD in my bedroom and I really like it. Great picture and has served me well over the last 2 years.
Old 08-06-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being that I just got one; I'd go with the 32" Sharp Aquos 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV (LC32D64U). The picture is outstanding and although opinions vary; the picture is better than a DLP. LCD is getting better at the picture looking good when you look at it from the side and although it might not be as good as DLP for that; it's much better than before.

My living room/bedroom isn't very big either and a 32" looks pretty big because of the size of the room. One of my friends said "it looks big than it is." Also, a sound system is a must, although if you don't want to spend more money the TV has great sound.